• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 7, 2018
I wonder if I'll be able to date all of the girls in my first playthrough. I couldn't even manage to max rank all of them in my 2nd playthrough of the first version with all of my social stats maxed out early in.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
So unless I'm mistaken, the $99 digital version comes with absolutely everything as far as game content goes, correct?

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you can get there without maxing social stats, unless somehow they've rejigged the days they appear.

You also have like a month+ of total extra days. And with the new area you can bond more often.

As for the male confidants, you can also give them gifts now if you are worried about that

Gumbie

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the Japanese version was 30fps? Why would they show 60fps gameplay on youtube?

straylize

Oct 25, 2017
Haru was hard to do in the first playthrough, even with a month I dunno if it'll pan out that you can max her out first time round.

It's way easier to max things in P5R because you have more opportunities to work on stats. Without any sort of guide, I had everything possible maxed by 12/15, including Haru. The only ones I didn't have maxed were the auto-ranks that didn't happen until a later date. I didn't use any sort of optimized schedule or guide, but I still had all stats and confidants easily maxed out, leaving my extra semester days to work on the stuff specific to new content.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haru was hard to do in the first playthrough, even with a month I dunno if it'll pan out that you can max her out first time round.

She was pretty easy for me to do tho

But then again I only go into mementos and palaces and complete them in one day if possible

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It's way easier to max things in P5R because you have more opportunities to work on stats. Without any sort of guide, I had everything possible maxed by 12/15, including Haru. The only ones I didn't have maxed were the auto-ranks that didn't happen until a later date. I didn't use any sort of optimized schedule or guide, but I still had all stats and confidants easily maxed out, leaving my extra semester days to work on the stuff specific to new content.

Vanilla P5 was already far easier to max everything than either 3 or 4, I had at least 2 weeks spare at the end where I was just going to the gym every day

straylize

Oct 25, 2017
Vanilla P5 was already far easier to max everything than either 3 or 4, I had at least 2 weeks spare at the end where I was just going to the gym every day

Yeah, this is true. I found it even easier in P5R though. With three extra confidants taking up time, other new events and changes to some activities stat gains, I wasn't sure if I'd pull it off—but I did so with time to spare, and will probably be able to optimize it further now that I know what to expect from the changes!

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I can finally play this game after having started the vanilla version multiple times only to get side tracked by something else. Love me P3 and P4.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Phantom Thief, if you are out there or somehow still among us, I want you to know that this time I will choose Makoto over Ann. Praise be to Makoto.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Oh god the P5 vanilla DLC is free?!
There was almost a dozen costume sets selling for 7 dollars each, that's amazing. Wonder how they pulled that off compared to the JP version.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god the P5 vanilla DLC is free?!
There was almost a dozen costume sets selling for 7 dollars each, that's amazing. Wonder how they pulled that off compared to the JP version.

I heard there are special circumstances on the vanilla dlc in Japan. Dunno if is true, but someone said it has something to do with Cero

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I heard there are special circumstances on the vanilla dlc in Japan. Dunno if is true, but someone said it has something to do with Cero

That was to do with why they were charging a very small fee to people who already bought the costumes once, anyone else still had to buy them at full price

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm currently trying to decide between the standard and the special edition. Do you think the Phantom Thieves edition is worth its price? I'm actually interested in the mask and the artbook.