• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Let's predict the metascore

• 95-99

Votes: 98 18.9%
  • 90-94

Votes: 214 41.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 152 29.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 38 7.3%
  • 75-79

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • <75

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

straylize

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck ? Ive heard for months that the added section of the game just makes things stupider and the game is getting these types of reviews ???

Most of the impressions from people who played the game and understand Japanese were wholly the opposite of this, save for a small minority. Most of the negative impressions came from people watching speedruns and untranslated/mistranslated content).

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any before/after examples? I'm really curious how far they went with fixing the (mostly awkward) localization.

I might actually double dip just for this.
I couldn't find the Kamoshida was a scum example I saw a week or so ago, but I did find this:
opu1zio6svl41.jpg

EDIT: Just kidding, found a scum:

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also
My review just went live

hackinformer.com

Persona 5 Royal – Review - Hackinformer

It's showtime! About three years ago, one of the best RPG franchises released its latest entry in th

I don't do scoring systems but I loved the game and its my current GOTY. If this is a taste of whats to expect from gaming as a whole in 2020, I am excited for the rest of the year (not just from atlus, but games as a whole)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
going to be a 120+ hours journey this time I swear. I'm getting the platinum and everything! I can't wait to see the characters I've missed. Especially Makoto! Let's fucking go!

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
They also added some new language subs. So yeah, it's worth getting this over the original.

Probably gonna replay this in german.

OP
OP
Thiago

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol @ people voting in the poll hours after the reviews were available.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Persona 5 Royal improved the base game in so many ways. This isnt simply a P4 to P4G jump imo.

I disagree - the best part of P4G was how it improved the base game whereas the big new scenario in P4G was a weak point. Whereas with P5R, it sounds like not only are the general improvements great, but the new endgame content is excellent as well.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I told myself I wasn't getting this at launch. I might've just lied to myself. Everything sounds so incredible and held off on a replay for this game.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Persona 5 Royal
Doom Eternal
Animal Crossing
Resident Evil 3

Never before have I had so many games i want come out in such a short period of time.

It's crazy

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree - the best part of P4G was how it improved the base game whereas the big new scenario in P4G was a weak point. Whereas with P5R, it sounds like not only are the general improvements great, but the new endgame content is excellent as well.
Thats what I meant though. P4G had those improvements you mentioned, but P5 to P5R is something more substantial. its an overall improvement of nearly every aspect of the game plus additional content which is fantastic from what I played in my 130 1st playthrough and currently 30 hours in 2nd playthrough.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn the translation changes seem much more positive / natural

it was always a bit stiff, at least from what I played (~15-20 hours)

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
So how difficult is it to max out all Confidants without a guide this time around? It's been a while since I played vanilla P5, but I recall making use of fortune teller lady to be able to max them all out. Does she still have that ability?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
So how difficult is it to max out all Confidants without a guide this time around? It's been a while since I played vanilla P5, but I recall making use of fortune teller lady to be able to max them all out. Does she still have that ability?
As far as I know that ability still exists but it's been nerfed, doesn't give as many relationship points.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking forward to this. Never played Persona before and I've been going back and forth on picking Persona 5 and decided to just wait. Hope I made the right decision.

straylize

Oct 25, 2017

Much easier, even with 3 more confidants in the mix. Fortune telling ability got nerfed slightly, but is still useful—but there are other ways to boost confidant points now, including rank phone calls and some of the other activities in Kichijoji. I did it blind since there wasn't an optimized guide and had everything maxed by Dec 11th or so, including all the new ones.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the impressions from people who played the game and understand Japanese were wholly the opposite of this, save for a small minority. Most of the negative impressions came from people watching speedruns and untranslated/mistranslated content).

On the other hand though

Game reviewers can barely finish 10 hour games, we shouldn't be expecting that they'll start playing 100 hour JRPGs to get to the extra semester scenario, so I doubt a lot of them so far even really went through it.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand though

Game reviewers can barely finish 10 hour games, we shouldn't be expecting that they'll start playing 100 hour JRPGs to get to the extra semester scenario, so I doubt a lot of them so far even really went through it.

are you saying they are lying about playing the game

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the other hand though

Yes there's no way they could actually enjoy the game.

Clearly the only reasonable explanation is all the reviewers are lying.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
On the other hand though

Or maybe they really enjoy it so they decided to keep playing? What a silly post.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easy there are many ways to level up confidante without using a day in this game. I remember maxing it out with a month or more to spare (without guide), got max stats too since you need that

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Late adopters stay winning! I played Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 Golden, and soon I'll be playing Persona 5 Royal. It feels good only playing the best version of every game.

straylize

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand though

I mean, my point was more specifically that the import impressions were skewed negative because people were basing their impressions off a poorly summarized speedrun, and that import players impressions largely line up with the review scores, but ok?