• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Let's predict the metascore

• 95-99

Votes: 98 18.9%
  • 90-94

Votes: 214 41.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 152 29.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 38 7.3%
  • 75-79

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • <75

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure this is true. In fact, the biggest complaint you see about the game is the length lol.
Yeah and that's one of the issues I'm saying is fixed. All the vanilla dungeons are expedited and a lot of people who played the Japanese version still clocked out at about the same or lower play time even with the additional content.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well shit, even as a person with P5 as one of my personal GOTG, I truly didn't see this score coming.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to hear :/ I feel I may join you in the coming weeks
Thanks. I hope you don't. Let's chill and play some videogames instead.
ok fuck it was gonna wait for PS5 to play this in 4K because I have a base PS4 but I need this after seeing theses scores. 4K or not.
Was able to enjoy vanilla P5 despite its resolution, so I won't be bothered by this. That artstyle would probably work at 240p lol.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If I was to only play one what would be best out of Persona 3 or Persona 5?

I played Persona 4 and liked it well enough but P3's apparently more somber tone makes me think it may be more up my street.

Persona 3 was amazing at the time, but I find it really hard to go back to now. You're stuck between choosing Persona 3: FES which is missing a ton of QoL improvements from even P4 (like you can't even directly control your party members in battle) or Persona 3 Portable which is, well, a PSP game (I'd still recommend it over FES if you are going to play it).

I'd definitely go with P5R if you enjoyed P4 and want more.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Shocking. I was expecting a "not much new" from most reviewers. I might have to pick it up. I haven't done much reading but have they made the long dungeons a little more interesting in anyway?

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm at work I can't dive into reviews right now, can I get a TLDR for what all it changes? I loved P5 and am legit shocked this is scoring this well lol.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Whoa, Slant gave it a 5/5? Aren't they typically pretty harsh with reviews?

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Impressive,96 is the second highest score the entire gen,lets see if can hold this after more reviews,but with 28 reviews so far is really a feat.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shocking. I was expecting a "not much new" from most reviewers. I might have to pick it up. I haven't done much reading but have they made the long dungeons a little more interesting in anyway?
The dungeons have changed somewhat but I don't know if that will help with what you found uninteresting. The biggest change is they all have an additional side quest to find three items that'll give you a new ability based on the palaces ruler.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Woah!!

giphy.gif

Magnet

Oct 29, 2017
As someone who would be new to the game, I know social simulation is a big part of it, but how much is focused on romantic relationships specifically? And is the romance optional?

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Balls, I was hoping for a universal reaction of, "It doesn't really add anything that vanilla players would fear missing out on", if only because I don't want to shed out full price for something I've pretty much already played (I also got the collectors edition, something I never normally do). I may still wait a while for a price drop, as I wish it was DLC and don't really want to support the act. But damn... I'm curious. I'm sure my finger will be hovering over the "buy" button on release.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
After reading a bunch of spoilers, I'm surprised by the scores. Royal sounded like such a worse game than the original.

Huh? The worst impression I've heard was that the game didn't quite have enough changes to the base game. The content that is new has been pretty unanimously praised from what I've heard (in terms of third semester). This is the first I've heard anyone implying it was just worse than the base game. I have heard people say it might not be worth it considering the original goes for like $15 over new game price, but that will depend on the person.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
As someone who would be new to the game, I know social simulation is a big part of it, but how much is focused on romantic relationships specifically? And is the romance optional?

How much? Very little. It's just a fan favourite feature so it gets blown up quite alot in discussions.

very optional

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
You mean the flu-season trick? That doesn't work anymore neither does confusing Mementos' minibosses.

Oh no... Are there any other... ehm... tricks to reduce EXP grinding and to get easy money? Because damn, that was super helpful when I wanted specific personas and not waste any in-game time working mini-jobs.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Amused by the people who are surprised that an enhanced & expanded version of a very popular game is scoring well.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I played a bit of P5 (Finished second palace) and then I never really played the game again. How different is this version?

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Huh? The worst impression I've heard was that the game didn't quite have enough changes to the base game. The content that is new has been pretty unanimously praised from what I've heard (in terms of third semester). This is the first I've heard anyone implying it was just worse than the base game. I have heard people say it might not be worth it considering the original goes for like $15 over new game price, but that will depend on the person.
That's just my opinion reading the list of changes. My two biggest issues I had with P5 was with its writing and pacing and all the plot changes sounded awful for the most part and making the game longer without cutting shit out sounded like a mistake.

I don't know, though. Maybe they managed to make it work.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
Well, I have a vanilla copy on my shelf for a year now, played only once but I'm planning to play, should I sell it and buy this one instead?