• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Yes, because the entirety of Atlus and Sega will go completely bankrupt if they announce the date for the game within the next 11 days.

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping it's more than just a release date, but after Atlus announced that Smash Ultimate save data is what gets you "Last Surprise" and "Take Over," my hopes for a Switch port are very low.

Because man, an announcement of a countdown to an announcement of JUST that release date would be...asinine.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for this. Wonder if there is anything special besides 25th PlayStation anniversary.

Oct 27, 2017
lmao

Better this release don't close to Sakura Wars

Given both are SEGA/ATLUS, I imagine they'd be smarter than that.
Persona 5 Royal was said in Game Informer last month to be out in March 2020.
And Sakura Wars is out next month in Japan. Judgment released around the same time and that got localized at the end of July. I could see end of June of Sakura Wars too, especially with how they can use E3 to market it one last time.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Teasing us on an already released game LMFAO

being on the atlas train is not fun at all

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for the first quarter of next year. It will make it the easiest skip until it's $20 ever for me because of how many other games in march and april I want more than this. if it had come out this month or next I might have bit on it though because I've been tempted to replay persona 5 in general recently.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
12 days? That's December 3rd, isn't it? 25th anniversary of Playstation. State of Play incoming?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping it's more than just a release date, but after Atlus announced that Smash Ultimate save data is what gets you "Last Surprise" and "Take Over," my hopes for a Switch port are very low.

Because man, an announcement of a countdown to an announcement of JUST that release date would be...asinine.

They wouldn't announce that through Atlus USA even if it did happen

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of sheer volume, I know it's supposed to be more than P4G. In terms of quality, I've heard mixed things.
Just like P4G's added content from P4 was mixed. A lot of people don't realize it since the media attention particularly blew up with P4G, but many people who went from P4 vanilla to P4G did not like the extra story scenes added in P4G.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Just like P4G's added content from P4 was mixed. A lot of people don't realize it since the media attention particularly blew up with P4G, but many people who went from P4 vanilla to P4G did not like the extra story scenes added in P4G.
For what it's worth, I loved all of Golden's editions, including Marie. It was only when they went overboard in the spin offs that I started taking offense...

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
12 days? That's December 3rd, isn't it? 25th anniversary of Playstation. State of Play incoming?

There was a rumor there was a SoP on December 3rd featuring the announcement of the PS5 event and confirming BC with PS1-4 along with updates on games like Ghost of Tsushima, FFVII:R. If it's real, P5R would be there I assume so it fits. But I don't believe it's true.

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
any chance they'll announce PS4 bundles on the 3rd with this? it's right after Cyber Monday, so that's going to be quite a pickle for those looking to get a cheap PS4...

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
12 days? Wow that's so soon.

... Wait.
Oh.

"We regret to inform you that we will not be localizing this game at this time. Please look forward to 13 SENTINELS: AEGIS RIM."
I mean, I might be among the five people in the audience that won't boooo that kind of bait and switch that but I'm aflutter with anticipation.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping March like that Game Informer leak. If not sooner.

How's the added content btw? Similar to P4G?
I know I'm probably the biggest Persona fanboy on this site but I do think the additional story stuff is probably some of the best parts of the game. Biggest issue is really that it's all mostly in the late game.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
any chance they'll announce PS4 bundles on the 3rd with this? it's right after Cyber Monday, so that's going to be quite a pickle for those looking to get a cheap PS4...
I'd put the chance at nearly 0. and if they did announce a bundle it would just be a normal console with the game included for $300 when you could get the console for $200 during black friday and the game for $60 at launch or $40 cheaper.

This is going to come out around the same time as final fantasy 7 remake and cyber punk.... it's not getting a bundle over those. Even if it's later than we expect it would just run into last of us 2 instead.

ff7 = early march
cyber punk = late april
last of us 2 = late may.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A stealth drop would be great. We really dont need another giant game releasing in March or April.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just release this already so they can build hype for Scramble
And hopefully V, but I doubt we will get any V news before Scramble releases in Japan, or even before the western realease