• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Announcing the announcement. Modern Atlus is 7th gen Square Enix confirmed. Or Kojima. This company hates us... but not as much as they hate Europe.
Being an Atlus fan is freaking exhausting.
Why is this so terrible exactly?

I see all these "oh my god this is so typical HRUMPH." And I'm just like........why? It's a countdown. And not even the usual month or two that Atlus JP does it's a little less then two weeks. I don't see why having little fun to let people know somethings coming is worth all the moaning.

The freaking Twitter threads don't have this much grumbling.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

I see all these "oh my god this is so typical HRUMPH." And I'm just like........why? It's a countdown. And not even the usual month or two that Atlus JP does it's a little less then two weeks. I don't see why having little fun to let people know somethings coming is worth all the moaning.

They're making an announcement of an announcement and making a daily countdown to remind you of the announcement of the announcement. And quite honestly, I would not be the least bit surprised if this announcement was to announce to us to look out for an announcement of a release date at TGA.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish thread titles like this just used the actual date.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017

Doing it this way makes the wait feel longer because you get hyped earlier. I'd rather just not know about a thing until you're ready to say stuff about it.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
It´s unprofessional, a waste of everyone's time, it´s frankly confusing and most importanatly reeks of arrogance Gold Arsene.
Good old Jim Sterling once raked SE over the coals last-gen for shit like this. Having other companies imitate that nonsense just shows how mad Atlus got in the last few years.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think the main issue is that people would be more excited in a vacuum where Japanese news was only observed by a Japanese audience. But when the English speaking audience is paying attention to the similar teases they've already done in Japan and when it's about a game already released in Japan a couple of months ago, it works less.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're making an announcement of an announcement and making a daily countdown to remind you of the announcement of the announcement. And quite honestly, I would not be the least bit surprised if this announcement was to announce to us to look out for an announcement of a release date at TGA.
Ok? Still doesn't remotely justify the constant whining to me. If the day comes and this happens.
IpDAgCi.gif

Then yeah I'd complain, I just don't get preemptively acting like it's the worst thing ever.
It´s unprofessional, a waste of everyone's time, it´s frankly confusing and most importanatly reeks of arrogance Gold Arsene.
Good old Jim Sterling once raked SE over the coals last-gen for shit like this. Having other companies imitate that nonsense just shows how mad Atlus got in the last few years.
6aa.jpg

It is.......literally none of that. I mean WOW that is taking this shit FAR to seriously. It's a goofy in-character countdown for a video game relax.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I'd love for altus to have something meaty to go along with this drawn out bullshit, a switch version etc etc but let's not kid ourselves, 12 days of bullshit to say how it's coming out on PS4 in like a year plus.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the main issue is that people would be more excited in a vacuum where Japanese news was only observed by a Japanese audience. But when the English speaking audience is paying attention to the similar teases they've already done in Japan and when it's about a game already released in Japan a couple of months ago, it works less.
See this would at least be fair but people throw these fits over the Japanese countdowns too.

I don't know it just doesn't strike me as worth the effort to get upset about. I wasn't gonna post any more because of how grumpy everyone was acting but I thought the Futaba binary one was cute.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Announcements of announcements are whatever, pretty dumb at worst. People in this thread are getting way too upset for it though.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think part of the reason why people are mad about this is the fact that they are doing it 12 days away.

Like if they did it 2-3 days before the actual announcement it wouldn't have been this frustrating for people.

Last edited:

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like there isn't really an ideal time to release this. Release close to January and they're competing with their other enhanced rerelease - TMS#FE (which honestly, is more of a Persona spin-off than a spin-off of either SMT or FE). Release it close to March and they're competing against FF7R.

To the people wondering why they're taking so long for what amounts to an expansion pack worth of new stuff, I'm hoping that they're also doing another revision on the main game text since the original localization wasn't up to Atlus' usual high standards.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I feel like there isn't really an ideal time to release this. Release close to January and they're competing with their other enhanced rerelease - TMS#FE (which honestly, is more of a Persona spin-off than a spin-off of either SMT or FE). Release it close to March and they're competing against FF7R.

To the people wondering why they're taking so long for what amounts to an expansion pack worth of new stuff, I'm hoping that they're also doing another revision on the main game text since the original localization wasn't up to Atlus' usual high standards.
February 14 would make sense..Original Western release date of normal P5 before the delay. Far enough from TMS and FF7 Plus I don't think it'd be competing with TMS anyway because of platforms.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is Atlus run by old men who are completely disconnected from modern reality?

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of lost all interest in this after the japanese impressions. My own fault for getting excited for the rerelease of a game I didn't enjoy, though, and I think it's a solid product for fans of the original.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games looks proper 4k now and with tons of new content, i'm in again with CE. Time to platinum it again with at least 200 hours lol, does it have HDR support btw?

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
It's so dumb to announce an announcement so far in advance... And this, to announce March or April release date...

Yeah. The only way this isn't fucking dumb if its some stealth release like "its available now for download!!" or if we had no idea what they were announcing, at least there is some mystery they can create some kind of clue system game you can dig into.

But a drawn out announcement of shit we know about... come on.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the Switch version, right? This is just the "deluxe" version of the PS4 game?
This is basically the "base game + expansion" release for PS4 only, which you can't upgrade to (or buy the expansion separately) and have to buy for full price again.

Switch is getting the action RPG sequel that is a collab between Atlus and KT, called Persona 5 Scramble.
Same, though I think we're going to have a far longer wait for that, and more announcements of things we already knew (but in English) drawn out months apart.
It's a frustrating practice.
That's true. Like even today's Morgana report was more frustrating with all the Morgana gimmicks and so little actual footage. Atlus' marketing is pretty frustrating in general.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Yeah. The only way this isn't fucking dumb if its some stealth release like "its available now for download!!" or if we had no idea what they were announcing, at least there is some mystery they can create some kind of clue system game you can dig into.

"You'll never see it comiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!"

Oct 25, 2017
It's a canon action RPG sequel to Persona 5.

The last trailer looked really good and very different compared to other Musou games. You should def check it out,
Man, what the hell? That looks great. Watched the Release Date trailer. Some good bits of dungeon crawling and daily life.

Honestly, I'm super interested in them taking this kind of risk with the gameplay in the main series. Keep the feel of Persona, the daily life stuff plus dungeon crawling, but go nuts with the gameplay in new directions.

This is awesome.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I dream of a day when Atlus games get a worldwide release date.

I know it'll never happen.

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
This is basically the "base game + expansion" release for PS4 only, which you can't upgrade to (or buy the expansion separately) and have to buy for full price again.

Do you know how much it might be to get the expansion? I had the game and sold it because I wanted to play the game handheld and was hoping for a switch release. its on PSN for $9 during their Black Friday sale.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Man, what the hell? That looks great. Watched the Release Date trailer. Some good bits of dungeon crawling and daily life.

Honestly, I'm super interested in them taking this kind of risk with the gameplay in the main series. Keep the feel of Persona, the daily life stuff plus dungeon crawling, but go nuts with the gameplay in new directions.

This is awesome.
I know man, it blew me away the first time I saw it as well. It also helps that I'm a fan of good musou games, but this seems like they are really putting in the effort.
Do you know how much it might be to get the expansion? I had the game and sold it because I wanted to play the game handheld and was hoping for a switch release. its on PSN for $9 during their Black Friday sale.
You can't get the new stuff for the vanilla release. You have to buy Royal version as a whole if you want the new content. So $60.

Lightning1981

Mar 31, 2019
Sooner the better Atlus dammit. IMO the best game of the generation, at least Persona 5 was the game I enjoyed the most.

Really cant wait to play this.

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It will be a full-fledged $60 release. The new content is in no way worth the gap in price, so I'd just suggest getting the original again. A Switch version isn't happening, sadly.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will be a full-fledged $60 release. The new content is in no way worth the gap in price, so I'd just suggest getting the original again. A Switch version isn't happening, sadly.
This compete discounts Royal's quality of life improvements, the changes in the base game, and the fact that the new story stuff is really good.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Having a big countdown to a slight improved version of an almost three year old game is a bit... odd. Like, I absolutely adore persona 5, but this just feels strange. The only thing I can think of is that the game is coming earlier than many expect. Otherwise, it feels odd to have the announcement like this when it'll probably just say March-April like most tend to expect.

Though it might have announcements for like big collectors versions as well now that I think about it.

Which I will, or course, need to go get

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
It's gonna be the same undone remaster like Catherine Full Body isn't it. The new content is gonna be a splinter on everything else.