• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this deserved its own thread.

Atlus recently released an official FAQ for Persona 5 Royal and there they talked about original DLCs from Persona 5 and how they'll work with Persona 5 Royal:
Screenshot_2019-06-07_Persona_5_Royal_FAQ_Released_Details_No_Plans_for_Console_Port_and_Persona_5_S.png
Source

As it's stated, if you do own the DLCs from the original release you can rebuy them for a very low price to use them, which means that the new version won't have them as part of its package and others who haven't bought the original DLCs released 3 years ago, have to buy them if they want to use them in the new version.

This is one of the few times in recent memory that I'm seeing an enhanced edition of a game (re-released on the same platform even) is not coming with the DLCs previously released for the original version as part of the new package, so I thought it deserved it's own thread.

Mods feel free to lock this if you think otherwise.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Getting easier and easier to ignore this release. What a mess.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i mean, the title is pretty misleading, you can get the dlc for 10 yen, which is a 0.01$.

EDIT: misunderstood the intention of the thread and thought the title meant "you need to rebuy the DLCs at full price again. "

Last edited:

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Transfer fee like on Wii U Virtual Console, but now it's for DLC of a single game. Craziness.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
It's cosmetic DLC though? I don't see what the issue is here. Having to repurchase it is weird though, wonder what's behind that.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I could accept, perhaps, not give the DLCs you didn't buy. But even locking the DLC you already bought for the original Persona 5. Quite an ugly look from Atlus.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
No surprise considering how they've handled the dancing spin offs. Just pure greed.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
It's dirt cheap but it's still scummy as fuck and should be called out regardless.
Give them an inch, they'll take a mile

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
so the basic equivalent would be 1 cent? At that point it's just like.... why?

Wonder if they put themselves in a weird legal loophole or if they reaaally just want DLC to sell to people at full price who missed it the first time

especially ridiculous considering you can get the game with all of the DLC on PSN already

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I'm one of the people who simply doesn't care about costume DLC. Shitty move nonetheless.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
i mean, the title is pretty misleading, you can get the dlc for 10 yen, which is a 0.01$.
If you own the DLCs from original release.

This thread is about them not being part of the new $60 release they are doing. if you don't own the previous DLCs, you have to buy them separately.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So let me get the straight. The are charging a penny per dlc you already own. Sony takes 1/3 of that penny, essentially making $0.007. If 1 million people do that who own the DLC, $7,000. Fucking Atlus just make it free.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly not surprised, Atlus gonna Atlus.

Fortunately the DLC isn't anything major like a new campaign or dungeon or something. Just Personas, cosmetics, and music. I agree it's dumb not to include them in P5R, but this move isn't unexpected.

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
For "commercial reasons" that do not seem to be a problem for, like, any other re-release? That's unfortunate, even if it is mostly costumes and stuff. Even more unfortunate that you can't pay an expansion-sized price to just update the base game!

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
"For commercial reasons" sounds like code for some kind of licensing issue preventing them from just including it in Royale. I'm not familiar, what does the P5 DLC consist of?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The title says that Persona 5R doesn't come with the Persona 5 DLC and that's 100% true. It's not misleading at all.
If you own the DLCs from original release.

This thread is about them not being part of the new $60 release they are doing. if you don't own the previous DLCs, you have to buy them separately.
That's only for those who purchased the DLCs for the original P5.
If you didn't, you would still have to buy it at higher price.
Only if you already bought it.
So let me get the straight. The are charging a penny per dlc you already own. Sony takes 1/3 of that penny, essentially making $0.007. If 1 million people do that who own the DLC, $7,000. Fucking Atlus just make it free.
ah, i see, i always assumed the dlc wont be included so i read it from the perspective of "you need to rebuy the DLCs at full price again."