• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
www.psegameshop.com

PS4 Persona 5 Strikers (R3/English) - PS Enterprise Gameshop

The Phantom Thieves meet up again during summer vacation and get caught up in another incident. Mysterious case starts happening all over Japan, and Palaces the cognitive world of twisted adults have returned. The Phantom Thieves jump back into action to work towards solving the case.

More details from Twitter, possible 23rd February release:

Indonesian retailer PS enterprise has started taking pre orders for a english version of scramble, set for 2021. News soon?
PS enterprise is also a Playstation Official Partner, so i think this is much more trustworthy than most, and thats probably why the only listing they have is for PS4
Apparently the reason they're already Opening Pre-Orders bcs their supplier confirmed this game will out 2021, but they didn't know when exactly. Pladidus Santoso is a game journalist. And he is one of the most trusted source in Indonesia.

Last edited:

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
PS4-Persona-5-Scramble-The-Phantom-Strikers.png

Main image looks like Joker is about to go on a rampage. Be curious if design is kept for NA release.

Edit: Looks to be same cover as Japan. I am excited to play this whenever it comes out

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's a first half of the year game and not a second half game. It's going to be harder for me to justify buying PS4 games without upgrades the longer it takes, and I would bet my life that Atlus isn't going to do work to make a PS5 version

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I figured it had to be 2021 at this point. I'd like to get an idea of when in 2021 though. Spring? Summer? Winter?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So they aren't calling it Persona 5 Strikers? I guess it's been known as Scramble for so long that they figured that changing the name now would be confusing.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
February makes sense. Segas release calendar has been pretty packed for these last few months so better to spread it out.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
News right after Age of Calamity releases. 😄

At least it's coming finally.

Hopefully it's a first half of the year game and not a second half game. It's going to be harder for me to justify buying PS4 games without upgrades the longer it takes, and I would bet my life that Atlus isn't going to do work to make a PS5 version
Yeah, they're not making new PS5 version, but good thing is, Scramble in PS5 BC confirmed smooth locked 60fps.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Japanese cover/title. We already know the western release will likely be called "Persona 5 Strikers" thanks to Nintendo IR.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
2021 isn't surprising, really.

Curious about release date for each platform. Was the JP release synced?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Thank the maker, I was getting a little worried.

So that's four months to play through Hyrule until it's out. Assuming this is all accurate.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Good to have pseudo-confirmation. Still thinking this will be my first attempt at a Musou title.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Anyone who played this already willing to speak on the quality of the story? Is it Persona 5 tier (interesting ideas but ultimately disappointing in its execution and too long for its own good) or better? Worse?

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Not very exciting with last gen only versions anymore I must admit. Could a next gen version reach 4k60? Or 1440p120?

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who played this already willing to speak on the quality of the story? Is it Persona 5 tier (interesting ideas but ultimately disappointing in its execution and too long for its own good) or better? Worse?
I didn't mind Persona 5's length, but I have to assume Scramble is way shorter. My P5 playthrough was like 100 hours.

Syrenne

Producer of Manifold Garden
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Persona 5 tier except the ideas are even more done to death :(

What if...looking at your phone all the time...was bad??? :o

Idk, I think I went in hoping for it to be more like a traditional Musou cross-over game, at least somewhat, and it's really not that. Outside of boss fights, combat never really lasts more than 15-20 seconds so I never got into the flow of it? You hop in, it spawns an encounter, you clear the encounter, you return to progressing through the level. There's also no post-game grind for weapons or unlocks like there is in say, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, etc.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 tier except the ideas are even more done to death :(

What if...looking at your phone all the time...was bad??? :o

Idk, I think I went in hoping for it to be more like a traditional Musou cross-over game, at least somewhat, and it's really not that. Outside of boss fights, combat never really lasts more than 15-20 seconds so I never got into the flow of it? You hop in, it spawns an encounter, you clear the encounter, you return to progressing through the level. There's also no post-game grind for weapons or unlocks like there is in say, Fire Emblem Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, etc.
I figured it was probably not great story-wise, but honestly that's fine with me. I just want my dumb action Persona game with mechanics like weaknesses and fusion.

I felt the same way about Persona Q2: I wanted my first person dungeon crawler Persona but knew the story was going to be totally silly nonsense.