• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will you be buying this?

• Yes!

Votes: 873 31.7%
  • NO

Votes: 1,528 55.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 355 12.9%

• Total voters

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
People actually believed Persona 5 would be on Switch ? Lmao, certainly a bitter day for those people. It's clear as day it's a console exclusive for PS4. It would have hit the Switch way earlier if it would have been possible.

In my opinion it's one of the most overrated and boring franchise of all time. Especially Nocturne. Persona is better in almost every way, I just wished it was slightly darker.

giphy.gif

It's sad when some people (especially on the PC community) goes full hater when they doesn't have ports from certain titles.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I just heard the news from a stranger on the train I sat next to playing a Switch, no lie. Wish I could have been here for 41 pages of this.

I say that as someone who is enjoying the drama even though I was honestly hoping we would get P5 on Switch. But after learning more this month I now feel ok to revisit P5 on PS4 and go for the platinum.

By the way, can we just stop trusting "insiders" who aren't Jason Schrier?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps dissapointed is the better word? I don't really have a dog in this race but this feels similar to the mobile diablo reveal.

bait and nintendo switch.
Yeah... so how is this a bait and switch exactly? Was it Atlus never claiming something to come to switch? Was it them only listing PS4 as a platform for Royal back in December when it was first announced? I perfectly understand people being disappointed, but some of you all are acting like Atlus claimed "Ah yes, Persona 5 is 100% coming to switch!" when there hasn't been anything besides fake insiders claiming that.

Tarikbrother

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
giphy.gif

It's sad when some people (especially on the PC community) goes full hater when they doesn't have ports from certain titles.

Persona 5 has more chances to come to PC than Switch. If Persona 5 is a console exclusive like it seems to be at that point, releasing it on PC would change nothing to the console exclusive status of the title.

Sega ports everything on PC, they value the platform greatly, unlike the Switch which they seem to consider like a platform to sell their 2D/retro collections. They even went out of their way to handle a Catherine PC port themselves. Persona 5 on PC seems like a given, I can even smell they're going to announce it this year. Why should I go full-hate ?

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
Something else that would make sense is persona q2 coming to the PS4. It'll give people who are actually familiar with the joker character a chance to play through some more of his adventures. Certainly makes more sense than releasing it on an unrelated handheld reaching the end of its life where it has no chance of selling

It wont happen because Atlus is such a travesty of a company, but it'd be nice to see it happen

BubbaGum

Oct 26, 2017
You are coming across like a petulant child throwing a tantrum because you didn't get your way.

Unfortunately I've been seeing a lot of that through here as well as a variety of other sites. It's a shame that the game they want isn't going to a platform you play on, but they don't have to act like spoiled brats about it...

Otherwise I'd just like to throw a thought out there. I'm fortunate enough to have both a PS4 and Switch, and I realize that if I only had a Switch I would also be peeved off. But how is it that in this stage of the game there are this many console players who hang around gaming forums yet play games only on a Switch and not a PS4? The common excuse that I hear from Switch only owners is "it's too expensive to also own a PS4," which is fair, but the slim model has consistently dropped to $200 over the years while the Switch consoles barely had any sales since its release. TBQH I felt like my PS4 was the "better buy" in terms of the value I perceived in the games I got to play. Spending the 350 USD for the Switch didn't seem as valuable for the handful of exclusives I played on it.

But then these people go on to beg for ports of things that a $200 PS4 would play like Ace Combat, CoD, Battlefield, Nier Automata, KH3, Sekiro, Dark Souls 2/3, etc... You're telling me you'd be okay with paying the inevitable $60 for ports of these games that very well can be bought for much cheaper prices on PS4, which is the cheaper console to begin with?

Can someone lend me some insight? And this is not directed at those who own both and just prefer portability, as I totally understand that. I just want to understand the perspective of those who complain about not wanting to buy a PS4 because of it's cost, yet still own the more expensive Switch.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
For me, is not about price, is about accessibility. The last RPG I finished in an static device was FFX on the PS2.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Can someone lend me some insight? And this is not directed at those who own both and just prefer portability, as I totally understand that. I just want to understand the perspective of those who complain about not wanting to buy a PS4 because of it's cost, yet still own the more expensive Switch.
I like Nintendo first-party games but usually don't care for Sony first-party. That's all there is to it for me. There's the odd game that skips Switch and hits PS4 that I'd like to play (like P5R and Spider-Man... maybe only those two, actually), but not enough for me to cop $200 plus the price of the game.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think the game will be fun and be loaded with content (and loads of paid dlc unfortunately). If hyrule warriors is anything to go by there will be TOO much content. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Having not played persona 5, do we expect there to be any p5 spoilers in this game? I'm guessing so, but hopefully nothing too major or I may hold off until I play persona 5

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Persona 5 has more chances to come to PC than Switch. If Persona 5 is a console exclusive like it seems to be at that point, releasing it on PC would change nothing to the console exclusive status of the title.

Sega ports everything on PC, they value the platform greatly, unlike the Switch which they seem to consider like a platform to sell their 2D/retro collections. They even went out of their way to handle a Catherine PC port themselves. Persona 5 on PC seems like a given, I can even smell they're going to announce it this year. Why should I go full-hate ?
Sega has released some stuff on Switch aside from that like Valkyria 4 and 1, Shinning Resonance Refrain, The Shinning fighting game, Puyo Puyo, Sonic games, the upcoming Olympic Games videogame, etc.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
In my opinion it's one of the most overrated and boring franchise of all time. Especially Nocturne. Persona is better in almost every way, I just wished it was slightly darker.

/s, added for you.

Seriously though, you call it the most overrated and boring franchise and then you wish Persona to become more like SMT.

Just play other SMT games, Nocturne has barely a story.

Play SMT If.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A few thoughts:

- Musous are awesome. This game should be great for Persona fans. I have no doubt this will be a blast.
- People gotta stop giving attention to insiders, outside of a select few with good track records. The fact that Persona 5 Switch rumors didn't even start until Joker was announced for Smash should have put up multiple red flags.
- Mainline Persona is never coming to a Nintendo platform. Switch was the best case scenario for this series to make the jump. Sony has no portable successor and all Persona games have received a portable edition. Until now. It's not happening and hopefully people can move on for good regarding this series.... or buy a Sony console, where these games will permanently call home.

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I've been seeing a lot of that through here as well as a variety of other sites. It's a shame that the game they want isn't going to a platform you play on, but they don't have to act like spoiled brats about it...

Otherwise I'd just like to throw a thought out there. I'm fortunate enough to have both a PS4 and Switch, and I realize that if I only had a Switch I would also be peeved off. But how is it that in this stage of the game there are this many console players who hang around gaming forums yet play games only on a Switch and not a PS4? The common excuse that I hear from Switch only owners is "it's too expensive to also own a PS4," which is fair, but the slim model has consistently dropped to $200 over the years while the Switch consoles barely had any sales since its release. TBQH I felt like my PS4 was the "better buy" in terms of the value I perceived in the games I got to play. Spending the 350 USD for the Switch didn't seem as valuable for the handful of exclusives I played on it.

But then these people go on to beg for ports of things that a $200 PS4 would play like Ace Combat, CoD, Battlefield, Nier Automata, KH3, Sekiro, Dark Souls 2/3, etc... You're telling me you'd be okay with paying the inevitable $60 for ports of these games that very well can be bought for much cheaper prices on PS4, which is the cheaper console to begin with?

I'm not one of the people raging over this (I'm actually interested in Scramble) but a lot of people just prefer a certain platform. For many people who commute or travel frequently, a portable is more viable for gaming. Same for people who share a TV or simply can't find lots of time to sit tethered to a TV.

For people that prefer Switch, any price is going to be too much. Why drop 200 or more on a separate game system when that money could go towards Switch games? Or other life expenses. If someone doesn't want a PS4, any price is gonna be too much.

From my experience I used to own a PS4, I bought it Summer 2015 and sold it Summer 2017. I honestly didn't use it much. Didn't like the hardware or the OS. I have a great gaming PC so the PlayStation became a box for exclusives and nothing else. And there just weren't enough of those. Then I got a Switch, so multiplat are either for Switch for portability or PC for power. Most of Sony's output these days does nothing for me, so I happily sold it. Dragon Quest Builders coming to Switch and Yakuza coming to PC cement my decision to never buy another PlayStation.

Could I afford one? Sure, 200 dollars is not much for me. But I don't want one, so that's were I and other people are at.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I wonder if maybe we can get non canon stuff like maybe Sae getting a persona. That would be so awesome.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
"Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Strikers" seriously sounds like a soccer/football movie

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
I get the disappointment now but come on
These warrior games have been great and assuming its 60fps on switch ill buy

If not ps4 it is

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish it doesn't limit the cast to Persona 5. Hope there's a few crossovers from P3 and P4 at least like what P4A had (Akihiko and Mitsuru).

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Guessing the insider info was wrong then (the leaks before the first Persona R tease)

Yeah, two thing that never ever happened. /s

Now there's upset people because certain narrative turned out to be false, as usual.

What I don't get is why there's people saying the Persona 5 The Royal announcement was a disappointment too.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Ignoring Staff Post
Atlus is so weird with Persona.... There's a version of P5 for PS3 for god's sake. It's not even graphical demanding. But no, no P5 on Switch. And suddenly, bam, new spin off on Switch.

MattG

Mar 16, 2018
Surprised by the anger this has triggered. Has Atlus said unequivocally that P5 (vanilla, Royal, or otherwise) will NEVER come to Switch? It seems to me that a P5 Switch port announcement would be more suited to E3. Am I way off base thinking people that are so disappointed may get the game announcement they're hoping for in a few months?

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish it doesn't limit the cast to Persona 5. Hope there's a few crossovers from P3 and P4 at least like what P4A had (Akihiko and Mitsuru).

Well they probably will have DLC. To add characters that aren't involved in any story they have in the game.

Gauranteed Roster:
Joker
Skull/Ryuji
Panther/Ann
Morgana
Fox/Yusuke
Queen/Makoto
Oracle/Futaba
Noir/Haru
Crow/Akechi
An OC character. KT always has to have one at least

Probable:
Some villain shadows. There needs to be named enemy bosses and such
Caroline and Justine/Lavenza

Possible Inclusions:
Mitsuru
Akihiko
Aigis

And those 3 only because of them being part of an anti-shadow force and have a reason to be around. Though i think Akihiko retired as a main unit for it

Low Chance:
Other P3/P4 characters

Lowest Chance:
P1/P2

DLC
P3 And P4 characters
Kasumi Yoshizawa

And Kasumi I do not know WHEN this game is releasing. If it comes sooner than P5R, I doubt she will be included in the base game. But I can definately see her being a prime DLC inclusion. She is probably a guaranteed inclusion at some point

Maybe they will surprise me. But I don't expect anything beyond the P5 characters and a few small amount of others

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly more shocked it took this long for the staff post to be put up.

So did we get any idea when this was dropping? 2019 or 2020?

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Feeling conflicted, but since i generally doesn't hate Musou and Persona 5 is one of my favorite game, might give it a try after some sale.

definitely not day 1 buy like p5 royal.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No-one would have cared if Atlus released a shitty persona musou game with a sub-72 metacritic on switch if not for the stuff surrounding it

Joker in smash was a colossal fuck up by Nintendo, the rumours and best buy leak didn't help. Nintendo and Atlus being cagey made things worse.

My hope is that the game bombs on switch, and that's the end of these spinoffs on the switch. There'll be plenty of other third parties who can fill the void
You picked 72 as the mediocre number because?

Personally, I don't really like musous but I'll check this one out. I've been meaning to play FE Warriors but I've only played Awakening so I'm afraid I would get spoiled on some titles.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Now that the dust is settling, can I just say I don't like the name "Persona 5 Scramble". Phantom Strikers is fine.
I hope it gets localised as something else. Scramble? Scramble?!

Oh great, said it too many times already, now "Scramble" has lost meaning to me.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming this is on par with the ninty musous in terms of actual content, hell yeah im in.

The fuck is with the vitriol in this thread?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Now that the dust is settling, can I just say I don't like the name "Persona 5 Scramble". Phantom Strikers is fine.

Oh great, said it too many times already, now "Scramble" has lost meaning to me.
The trailer shows it in the Scramble Crossing in Shibuya...perhaps that's what it's a reference to? If that's the case, I think they should keep it.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I think it's fine, it's pretty clearly made out to be a reference to the Shibuya Crossing.