• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
my god that looked amazing.

holy hell i was expecting low effort cash grab but this looks like it's doing something really original for musou games.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like you'll be travelling all around Japan? Sign me the fuck up.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
This looks great imo. Hope the English release ain't too far off, though I'm sure it'll be summer at the earliest.

TrueHero

Feb 24, 2018
so this looks like the least warriors like game and has a lot more persona 5 elements than i expected. Guess i'm in.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is the redhead a different character than the new character they're adding in P5R? Can't tell

Violet1370

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
No Goro and Kasumi is interesting. Seems like P5S will be using the portraits from P5 and not P5R too.
EHnN7piU0AMidpK.jpg

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Looks like you explore hub worlds around Japan during the day and do combat sequences in the Metaverse at night. Cool stuff. Also noticed some stealth, grappling hook action(?), and sidescroller segments.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Holy fuck I'm in. Never played a Musou game and this looks like a perfect first one. Can't wait to beat up some popo.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
I'll pick this up on Switch, but it does make me want to pick up a PS4 (Is the BF deal real??) and grab P5R when it comes out.

Please let Jack Frost be a secret character.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Looks great. Will be interesting seeing the sales split between PS4 and Switch.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Holy shit this looks fucking sick.

Between this and Pirate Warriors 4, 2019 is going to be an amazing year for Musou, hopefully they don't come out too close to each other.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Looks fun. After Hyrule Warriors I'm all for mindless fun set in a universe that I love.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is interesting. wondering what the plot is here. it looks like sequel or a story that runs parallel to 5

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks surprisingly good to be honest. Was expecting something like FE Warriors with P5 characters, but looks like we can expect more than that. Would love for it to also buck the trend of persona side games representing the characters as one note/bastardizations of their actual characters, but we'll see.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
This actually looks pretty cool. This went from a pass to a definite get. Still not excited for Royal because I had my fill of the original after one go but this looks cool.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is this supposed to be a long game? It sort of looks similar to the regular game but with different gameplay. Wonder if this will be short or dozens of hours?

No Goro and Kasumi is interesting. Seems like P5S will be using the portraits from P5 and not P5R too.
EHnN7piU0AMidpK.jpg
How do they differ? Looking at P5R screenshots but cant find any of Ann for direct comparison

Seems like someone else.
Gotcha

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
wow it doesn't look very stand Musou at all, it more looks like what if P5 was a ARPG

i was already down before but now i am even more down for this game

Oct 27, 2017
This game gives off such a weird vibe in that it looks like it was meant to be one of the 2018 Persona spin-offs, acting as sort of a Persona 5-2, but Koei Tecmo doing seven collaborations simultaneously made them have to push this back.

Feels like it would've been smarter to have this and Dancing Star Night be in 2018, and then have Persona Q2 in 2020 so that it would include Kasumi. Although I imagine that the reason they tried to get Q2 out ASAP was because almost no one was on their 3DSs anymore.

Nevertheless, this looks amazing, and the fact that it seems like it'll have an added focus on the series' social elements, and are expanding upon the original's surprisingly solid platforming, makes this a Day 1 purchase for me.

I do hope we see either Kasumi or Akechi, but the fact that they showed off the crew at the beach and neither were there doesn't leave me with much hope.