• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

Hello everyone. I'm Daisuke Kaneda of Atlus, who was the director and producer of "Persona 5 Scramble The Phantom Striker" .

The Steam version of P5S is finally on sale today.

It's been about a year since the PS4 / Nintendo Switch version was released in Japan, but everyone who played it said, "This was a sequel to P5." "It was more interesting than I expected." I received a lot of happy voices. The new characters Sophia and Zenkichi are also very popular, and I'm really happy to be able to release such P5S as a Steam version again in Japan.

The big feature of the Steam version is that you can enjoy both Japanese and English voices. Eight types of text, including Japanese, are implemented and can be switched by setting the language of Steam. English and Japanese voices can be changed in the game, so you can experience a different way of enjoying, such as "Voice in English with Japanese subtitles" and "Voice in Japanese with English subtitles". Even those who have already played the PS4 / Nintendo Switch version may be able to enjoy it with a fresh feeling. In addition, special specifications such as key config and sound config have been implemented so that you can play comfortably on your PC. It is also possible to operate with a keyboard or mouse.

The first action RPG in the Persona series that was made possible by the collaboration between Atlas and Koei Tecmo Games. With laughter, tears, and exhilaration, the title can be recommended with confidence. By all means, I would like many people to play.

In addition, to commemorate the release of this Steam version, we have prepared an original PC wallpaper for P5S. By all means, I hope you can enjoy the Steam version by dyeing your PC in P5S color.

Thank you.

7EAb1s6.png

People were concerned that it'll do badly because this is basically the sequel to Persona 5, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It could've been #1 if Valheim was not a thing.
store.steampowered.com

Steam Search

IqM2kW1.png

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, hope the game keeps selling well and Sega and Atlus follow through on future releases.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats, hope P5 Royal comes too

Strikers sure makes no effort to explain stuff for those who never played the original games

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Almost like you should put your games out on PC a little earlier than a year after the console releases...

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Persona series deserves all the success in the world. Really enjoying my time with Strikers.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This could've been us Phil, you blew it.

-

I can't imagine we don't see more Persona on PC after this. Would guess probably a P5R port at some point.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'll play it after Royal comes to steam. I own OG Persona 5 on PS4, but only made it 20% in before getting distracted. Would love to play Royal on PC.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Atlus is two for two with ridiculous debut rankings.

FES and Royal better hit by the end of the year. And with analogs to these mods too.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Far more likely that P5R would be prioritized over mainline SMT.

I imagine the idea is more that they already have to work on making / marketing that game for the west anyway (similar to how this got a very late PC announcement) so it's easier to fit it into their plan.

And IIRC some datamining of Nocturne had Steam in it too.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Steamcharts has it about 5k players at this moment concurrently, which puts it at about 3rd place for KT games (Nioh 1 in 2nd, and Nioh 2 in 1st). Though this is offset by the Early Access release on Friday and the fact it's the middle of the night / very early morning in the west, so it'll likely creep up and maybe even unseat Nioh 1's concurrent record. Doubt it has any chance of knocking Nioh 2 out though.

Sega wise it's behind Yakuza 0, 7, Valkyria Chronicles 1 and Persona 4 of Japeanse stuff, but it'll pass VC in a moment

Last edited:
OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Steamcharts has it about 5k players at this moment concurrently, which puts it at about 3rd place for KT games (Nioh 1 in 2nd, and Nioh 2 in 1st). Though this is offset by the Early Access release on Friday and the fact it's the middle of the night / very early morning in the west, so it'll likely creep up and maybe even unseat Nioh 1's concurrent record. Doubt it has any chance of knocking Nioh 2 out though.
Yeah, the launch gap between deluxe and regular owners will skew the ccu peak so much. It'll probably pass Nioh 1, but not Nioh2.

Some people may have finished the game already by now.

MrCinos

Oct 26, 2017
It might have been number #1 if not for the batshit insane price in some regions. No matter how I like Persona series I'm not paying exact 2x price of a new AAA game.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
It might have been number #1 if not for the batshit insane price in some regions. No matter how I like Persona series I'm not paying exact 2x price of a new AAA game.

Persona Striker is more 3x the price Nioh 2 in my country right now.
Koei Tecmo's games have amazing region price, Atlus is just batshit crazy.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Weird that he only mentions the Japanese Steam version and not the general release of the game outside of Japan.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Those are some good sales, this and P4G last year should hopefully encourage more Persona games on Steam. Give me P4A damn it!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that he only mentions the Japanese Steam version and not the general release of the game outside of Japan.

It's not that weird considering it's a message in Japanese for that audience, trying to sell some people on the Steam version. There is a small part above it that mentions the worldwide release.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
More Atlus games on Steam please Kaneda-san.

I'm a bit worried now that the SMT3 remaster hasn't been annouced for PC.
Nor has there been any word on Persona 5 making it over.
Even though we now have the sequel. 😕

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Really loving my time with the game so far. Can't wait to double dip when P5R comes to Steam (hopefully by the end of this year, if not early next year)