• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you want Persona 5: The Royal to be?

• Standalone scenario like Torna

Votes: 388 24.7%
  • Expanded re-release + new scenario

Votes: 729 46.4%
  • FeMC route like P3P

Votes: 455 28.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
One interesting thing to note is that in the smash data mine. Awhile back, the data implied Joker has a Male/Female character select like Corrin, Robin, & Wii Fit Trainer. So even if this isn't 100% female Joker. It seems like she'll be in Smash regardless if the game is coming to it.
Part of me feels Joker will be shadow dropped at the Persona Super Live alongside this new character.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how this would work in terms of gameplay, but it would be interesting.
Separate save file in effect, but the events happen concurrently.

Like there's a section of the game where Morgana disappears. You can write story around those events, having the cool cat appear briefly in the other scenario.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish we wouldn't have to wait so long.

But maybe we'll find out more if that Smash datamine leads to anything when Joker is released.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
So the main protagonist got caught snorting cocaine by Morgana. Morgana immediately contacted the authorities and now MC is being erased and getting replaced by a new MC instead.

Japan's fucking ruthless.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I think Royal is it's own story set during the events of P5, while the Switch will probably receive just the base P5 game.
I think that's right. Sounds like an Atlus thing to do. Royal is not P5 deluxe and is PS4 exclusive. It's the next game to buy if you're a fan of P5. Meanwhile the Switch version, if it exists, will just be a P5 port.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
holyyyyy, i'm excited!
i also don't think this necessarily rules out the switch yet, but we'll have to wait and see.
I think it does for this particular release, everything else Persona is fair game though, that includes the base game itself.

"The Royal" doesn't seem to be a re-release but a sort of "what-if" scenario, so I wouldn't imagine it'd be the best game to bring over to Switch assuming this game requires you to know about the events of P5.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
This is off the official Persona news website, I think it's fair to say that this is exclusive to the PS4 for the time being, if there really was a Switch version I would imagine they'd announce it alongside the PS4 version too. No reason to announce it at a later date.

4byuqJc.png

Personally I think Royal is it's own story set during the events of P5, while the Switch will probably receive just the base P5 game.

What if PS4 is getting a standalone expansion/side story/DLC for half price and Persona 5 S will be the main game + the royal for full price? Then again Atlus may sell Royal for full price whatever it is.

Yeah, she's probably A protagonist but not specifically a female version of Joker.

Yeah in Smash she is going to be a skin but in this game it's going to be a totally diffrent character and not a version of Joker.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Last month was revealed R and PS4. This month revealed "oyal" and a female character. I hope next month reveals the first letter of her name!

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is Atlus going to do this with every announcement now? Tease something then reveal the next tease date, tease us again then reveal another date and keep doing it over and over again until we finally get a real trailer?

On topic logo looks great and FEMC!!
this tease is the final one. next month the game will properly get revealed
hopefully

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I feel right now the likely scenario is that she is a Female MC but in a different story, maybe post-P5 story or something. Something similar to what they did with P3 Fes with Aigis.

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if she'll be a FeMC since she's a first year instead of a second. Probably just a new character like Marie, eh.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
FeMC for this game should be awesome! Also more of that sweet sweet UI. I like the name but I do hope they drop "The" from when they bring it over. P5Royal sounds perfect to me. It just sucks we gotta wait YET ANOTHER month for more info

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you!
Basically all is still possible - Smash will very highly include female Joker, since the leak seems true, so the obvious consequence would be that P5R would come also to Switch (otherwise it would be promotion for a PS4-only game); on the other hand, most depend on the agreements, maybe Nintendo was satisfied just by having Joker to sell Smash DLCs, without caring about a port.
In a month time we will have everything clear, I suppose.
But like Nintendo is getting a Persona game on 3ds, with p5 characters in it. So it doesn't mean that switch will get the p5 ps4 game. And if she is a FeMc, she could very well be just a costume swap in smash.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I don't know why people are saying she is Female MC. She says she doesn't like the Phantom Thieves.
Because her clothes look just like the protagonists' clothes.
Of course she is not going to say "Fuck yeah, Phantom Thieves !" when they are already suspected by some.
Think how Peter Parker in the first comics used to say he hates Spider-Man, that Jameson is right when he says that Spider-Man is a menace.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Wait she's just Atlus' usual re-release girl?

Just when I thought Atlus did something good for a change.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Trying to explain why Persona choice in Smash is different while hordes of new posters keep flowing in repeating the Snake, Cloud, Belmont lines.

Guys are going in circles lol.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
That's certainly a fair point. I actually do think P5 will come to Switch in some form personally, but it could just as easily be promotion for SMTV, as those characters aren't established in order to build hype.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
I just find it bizarre that apparantly Nintendo had Joker on their list of characters for Sakurai to use for Smash DLC when his game seemingly isn't even coming out on Switch for the forseeable future.
It isn't really that absurd.

Nintendo benefits from keeping the DLC characters interesting and relevant. The more interesting and relevant the character, the more DLC they'll sell. This is true regardless of whether that character has a game on Nintendo systems or not.
Atlus is a long time partner with Nintendo, and Persona 5 is, by a country mile, their most successful and recognizable title. While other notable Atlus characters like Jack Frost might have appeared on Nintendo platforms a bunch, Jack isn't nearly as exciting for as many people as Joker would be.
Both companies benefit, and a third party with a long history on Nintendo gets Smash representation. Everyone wins.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If she's not the FeMC then why is she wearing the standard uniform?

Everyone knows party members never wear the standard uniform.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Male voice: What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?
Female voice: I think helping people is a wonderful thing.
But if I had to choose, I wouldn't say I like them.
That won't truly reform the world -- won't really help people, I feel.
Ultimately, I feel it has to be up to the people themselves to solve their own problems.

Just so we're all clear, that's the trailer dialogue.

To me, it doesn't sound like a genderswap, and it doesn't really sound like something the P3P FeMC would say, either, given her story. If this new girl is indeed a playable main character, maybe it inspires some hopes for a version of the story that lands the game's intended themes better than before?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
FeMC for this game should be awesome! Also more of that sweet sweet UI. I like the name but I do hope they drop "The" from when they bring it over. P5Royal sounds perfect to me. It just sucks we gotta wait YET ANOTHER month for more info

P4G was called Persona 4 The Golden in Japan so maybe it will be just Persona 5 Royal in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.