• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
OH....MY ....GOD MY FAVOURITE GAME IS GETTING AN UPGRADE
tenor.gif

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
DnxyCSB.png

Stop with the Switch talk. The game is a PS4 exclusive, period. Schreier said it before and it's confirmed now.

Elephant

Nov 2, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Looks cool. Big fan of Persona, but I'm not about to double dip. I already spent enough buying the Take Your Heart edition (literally the only collectors edition I've ever bought). I get that they've done similar things with P3 & P4, but DLC wasn't really a thing back then. So now what's the excuse not to sell it as separate DLC for people who bought the game not too long ago?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think they can make the game feel faster by trimming the Kamoshida arc to the first 5 hours. There's no reason why you have to go there 4+ times. Have Ryuji and Ann awaken on the same day.

And let the MC explore at night from Day 1.

Mishima is in his boss fight, which could suggest things will be condensed?

carousel_ss3_ca07804672420f1b435099849225a7d9.jpg

Unless he was always there and I forgot?

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
By the way, after P4G, Radiant Story, Devil Survivor 2 and Strange Journey, it's getting ridiculous that the plot of all the expanded versions of Atlus is "New mysterious waifu appears".

I would prefer a sexy husbando. At least you can ignore that stuff in Devil Survivor 2 (yeah... I only re-played the original campaign lol)

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
So I am guessing we can't upgrade our normal edition to this and neither will ng+ of normal version work with this?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Getting it late again is going to be a real bummer,

But those improvements look great. Glad i held off on doing a replay. Hopefully theres way more events of the gang doing stuff together. New characters look great and textures look sharper.

Cant see but im guessing no 60fps ?

Oct 28, 2017
hmm i wonder if saves are gonna be compatible. if it was a dlc i would buy it immediately, as a new game? dunno. if saves aren't even compatible i'm not gonna get it.

new characters looks good tho.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus better introduce her earlier this time!
CerN0LK.gif

This looks like a double team attack with Haru and Morgana - looks cute.

Worth mentioning that Atlus describe "The Royal" as Persona 5 being "reborn".

This is from the Amazon JP page

ahttTIl.png

This better damn well mean they're cutting down on dungeon length so pacing is fixed. There's no way they can add all that stuff, keep dungeons the same length, AND pace the game right. It's going to be too long.

ALSO...

Please Atlus US.... Please take your time and fix the original localization.

The pronunciation, repetition, stiltedness, etc of the original localization actively grated on me a few times while playing.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's okay but I expected more a standalone adventure. A bit sad this is only on PS4 again. I love P5 and my PS4 but not sure I will double dip yet. I would be more inclined to do so on another platform.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
So, sounds like I gotta buy the game again instead of DLC upgrade .....so much for being a early adopter I guess. They better at least let you transfer your DLC and saves.

Your so annoying sometimes Atlus...

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You realize powering through the game at a faster pace than normal doesn't change the fact that for a lot of players it was a 100+ hour game. Add to that a bunch more cutscenes, two or so dungeons, new content (and let's face it Atlus isn't going to cut anything). 150 is definitely going to be the upper end for some players.

ah yes, games with 20 hour main stories, false equivalences are great. the criticism is that a game with length issues has just been made longer. you knew exactly what I meant.

the game being too long/poorly paced is 100% legit criticism.
That all sounds great to me so it's honestly hard for me to get that as criticism.

Only thing I want them to change is some dungeon puzzles to be less boring and I'll be set.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Thanks mods to replying to me
Mishima is in his boss fight, which could suggest things will be condensed?

carousel_ss3_ca07804672420f1b435099849225a7d9.jpg

Unless he was always there and I forgot?
Well that's completely new. Hopefully things will be somewhat condensed. I liked the first arc, but you spent several days in the first dungeon before actually getting the opportunity to actually explore it for more than 10 minutes.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man when I saw that the video was encoded at 60fps I thought this PS3 game might actually be running at 60fps on PS4 at last. Nope, still 30.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit there's literally zero chance I can play this unless it releases on the Switch. Can't play a 100+ hour game on PS4 anymore now with a baby...

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna wait until this is around $20. I'm not paying full price for a game that's 90% the same as I already played, especially when it's on the same platform. It's scummy to "remaster/remake" a game that's only two years old, add new content, and charge full price for it and not offer it as DLC to the base game.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer looked good. I'd consider getting this, but the pacing and length comments really put me off. Don't know that I can put that much time towards one game, especially for a single playthrough/ main story run. We'll see when it eventually releases here -- I might get it though.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The technical upgrade to 4k is the most surprising part, don't expect a frame-rate upgrade until i see it. A pretty and definitive version just in time for next gen is as expected.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they get rid of the damn kidnapping trophy. Only reason that I don't have the plat for P5.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Female protag dream is dead, not even sure if I ever want to play this game now. My heart feels ripped to shreds by this news </3

Yeah, I'm in exactly the same boat. Like, it's totally my fault for getting hyped up and jumping to conclusions, but it still feels like such a kick in the stomach. Playing Persona as a FeMC would have probably got me into the series again. At least, I wont be making anymore assumptions about teasers again.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Her design looks so very very similar to Joker, both the normal clothes and the phantom clothes.