• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
So PQ2 character knowledge should presumably go like this:

• P3/P4 cast entirely aware of each other.
  • P3 FeMC potentially aware of Yukiko Amagi.
  • P5 cast (notably Futaba) potentially aware of Yukari Takeba.
  • P5 cast (notably Ryuji/Ann/Futaba?) potentially aware of Rise Kujikawa.
  • P5 cast (notably Akechi) potentially aware of Naoto Shirogane.
In Naoto's trailer Goro says "Naoto Shirogane. The first generation detective prince, right?" so that's one confirmed!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Because he'd seem like the type who would be into certain idols (or could be characterized as such), ala Yosuke. That's more Mishima's thing.

In Naoto's trailer Goro says "Naoto Shirogane. The first generation detective prince, right?" so that's one confirmed!
I think a scan in a previous issue of Famitsu had confirmed the same, so yeah, that one makes too much sense for it to not occur.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_pfenebze8c1w2txydo4_1280.png
9d5.png

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
so, Ren is the least popular protag, but all the P5 girls are more popular than the girls from the other games.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Part of what surely drove the rise in popularity for the Persona protagonists (excluding FeMC, achieved through a cult of personality) were the expanded universe and spin-off materials which truly made an effort at fleshing them out. There has been nothing of the sort yet for the Persona 5 protagonist.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Akechi Top 5!!! Ann above Makoto!!!!!
*evil laughter of vindication*

Seriously though, I was under the impression that Makoto was wayyyyy more popular than Ann so this is very weird to see (unless I'm mistaken).
Surprised that Yu and Makoto Y ended up above Joker too though he's barely even a character in the anime. Guess him being the coolest-looking wasn't enough.
YO WHERE'S RYUJI?!

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Part of what surely drove the rise in popularity for the Persona protagonists (excluding FeMC, achieved through a cult of personality) were the expanded universe and spin-off materials which truly made an effort at fleshing them out. There has been nothing of the sort yet for the Persona 5 protagonist.

Yeah, I thought about that. Also he's kinda lame in the anime. The P4 anime added a *ton* of endearing character to Yu, while the P3 movie made Makoto pretty interesting.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I thought about that. Also he's kinda lame in the anime. The P4 anime added a *ton* of endearing character to Yu, while the P3 movie made Makoto pretty interesting.
That's the thing. Ren's characterization in the anime adaptation of Persona 5 falls flat. I wouldn't be surprised if his manga incarnation is similarly plain, too. This wasn't the case for Yu/Souji or Makoto/Minato.

Then there's P4D, which continued with the Yu Narukami characterization. From what I gather, P5D doesn't do this (with no story and no active presence). PQ did this as well, depending on which side you chose at the start. The P5 protagonist will be silent the whole way in PQ2 because he's the player insert, meanwhile the other protagonists will have an active presence and a voice (despite not being named).

They've done nothing to really make the P5 protagonist stand out when he finally has the room to, when he no longer needs to strictly be a player insert.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild too since in the game he's by far the most "fleshed out" of all the protags we've had. Dialogue choices, behavior quirks, everything. It's pretty easy to get a clear idea of his character. That's why I found him the most enjoyable of all the protagonists so far.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So PQ2 character knowledge should presumably go like this:

• P3/P4 cast entirely aware of each other.
  • P3 FeMC potentially aware of Yukiko Amagi.
  • P5 cast (notably Futaba) potentially aware of Yukari Takeba.
  • P5 cast (notably Ryuji/Ann/Futaba?) potentially aware of Rise Kujikawa.
  • P5 cast (notably Akechi) potentially aware of Naoto Shirogane.

Have I missed something , the P4 team aren't from post-arena in the canon are they?
Everyone lost their memories of the events of PQ in order to make it not daft that none of the events were mentioned during the main games

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I'm normally not one for the "freeze the anime at an awkward moment" thing but this made me laugh.
hdwhbd4tbun11.jpg

Like WTF is that face Mona?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
P5A's designs have fallen so far off model that they have looped the scale back from terrible to somehow extremely fitting

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36023/Persona_5_the_Animation

MAL is now saying that the anime will end at episode 26, coming out next Saturday. This is odd because the second ED for the show has showed episode numbers for the 4 episodes following the current one and at the end of this week's episode, the ED went up to #29.
I guess maybe it's tied to the twist or whatever, since we've looped back to the start and we now have the difference with the game with Akechi facing Joker before his arrest.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The episode numbers in the ED is a far more reliable source than MAL.
Oh for sure, I bring them up for that reason in the first place lol. Just odd that MAL would put in a final episode count now when it goes against what the ED says, they hadn't put a final count for a long time and there's no news article about it that I can find.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Man Persona 5's intro is long~ but then again, all the Persona games have long intros I guess.

Just got to where I stopped when I first started the game on release (hour 5) and while I'm digging the story, once it went back to combat in the palace I was like man this is really stretched out lol. At the same time, can't think of anything I'd skip or leave out. Gives lots of insight on the situation in a not completely nonsense way.

Only actual gripe is the hold up mechanic to get persona's, the sudden shift in music kills it imo. Would have been better to keep the music going imo. Still though, love me some SMT demon fusion goodness. Can't wait to play more.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
That character popularity poll has Yukari in the bottom 5? Unacceptable!

Regarding PQ2's intro, I was really looking forward to it since it's the first time all the singers are featured in one song.
Since FeMC is in it I was hoping they'd bring back Mayumi Fujita though, it's a shame they didn't. But as long as there's new stuff with my goddess Shihoko Hirata it's alright.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
People are just jealous of Queen Yuka-tan's awesomeness.
The "Yuka-tan" localization really grinds my gears lol

It really is something they made up for the English localization because apparently Yukaricchi was too confusing for English speakers but they still wanted something Japanese-y and it's all incredibly dumb

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got the Platinum trophy in P4G today.
Really enjoyed my second run through the game. Picked up on a lot more P3 references than I did the first time as I played P3FES after P4G for my first playthroughs. Stuff like Yosuke's ghost story during the ski trip and recognising the locations the team visit during their school trip to Tatsumi Port Island.
A few trophies were a bit annoying to get, like keeping track of Rise's lines, grinding for skill cards, or trying to get the Reaper to appear but, overall, it wasn't too bad. It did take me 130 hours though.