• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a question before spending tons of money on gear; is it worthwhile? Every character has four armor slots to fill out and it's unreasonably expensive to buy gear for all of them.

Other than Mark the melee attack doesn't seem to do much damage while guns have been really useful. Should I just buy guns and ammo?

Is this game seriously going to make me redo the entire Kama Palace

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game did indeed make me redo the Kama Palace.

Anyway, I've tried guides and FAQs and stuff and none of them have helped me, so I thought I'd try here. Does anyone know how to get the fusion components for Janus? I want to fuse one and max it out to return it for the Mandau Spoon.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to give P1 another shot, I played through it once years ago and didn't like it very much but maybe I wasn't in the right mindset at the time.
I need to finish some of the games I'm currently playing and give it another chance.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I made Janus, but now I have another question.

I bought this item called a Half Moon Tablet, and wikidot says that if I use this in fusion it will teach the Persona Mediarahan, but when I tried that on Hokuto Seikun it didn't work. Does it only teach the skill to specific Personae?

EDIT: Yeah turns out that's the case. I made an Azrael with the item and it learned Mediarahan.

So in that case, should I primarily spend my money on the elemental stones for teaching skills to my Personae, and guns? Armor thus far has seemed pretty useless.

It is a special kind of dick move to bury the path to the true ending in an open ended dialogue tree. At least Persona 4 let you know you fucked up immediately after, not make you go through a handful of dungeons before it slapped you with the bad ending.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got Vidofnir and Janus maxed out and ready to be traded in for new weapons only they're so stupid powerful I'm not sure I should for a while.

Hhhnnnggg I want to finish Persona as my 52nd game but I'm only at the Haunted Mansion and Spider-Man and Yakuza Kiwami 2 are calling for me.

Oh no, Kandori has become Super Guido!

Man I went into P1 thinking I'd just barely tolerate but after you get over the initial hurdles of acclimating yourself to the barrage of element types, systems, negotiation and combat it's honestly a lot of fun.

God damn it I got a Lone Sword from my first Mushus, wiped out, and since then I can't get a single one to drop. It's a clear upgrade for Elly and the protagonist and I need just one since I'm returning Take-Mikazuchi for his item.

I made it out of Alaya Cavern and now the Lone Swords are dropping like candy.

And hey, I've unlocked the Ultimate Personae! It's too bad I have to grind ten levels before I can even use them!

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this thread to ask: I'm in Avidya World now, my team is early 50s to late 40s. Do I need to grind the extra 10-15 levels for the Ultimate Personae? They seem kind of crappy except for Eriko's.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Bumping this thread to ask: I'm in Avidya World now, my team is early 50s to late 40s. Do I need to grind the extra 10-15 levels for the Ultimate Personae? They seem kind of crappy except for Eriko's.
I'm pretty sure I went straight ahead when I played it. I did then die to the final boss, but that's beside the point.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I went straight ahead when I played it. I did then die to the final boss, but that's beside the point.

I have a Vidofnir capable of nuking entire teams of enemies so I guess it's not all bad.

Okay so grinding sucks and takes forever. Do I need the Ultimate Personae to beat Pandora?

It looks like fighting the enemies on the 6th floor is the best source for consistent EXP, so I'll just dick around here for a few hours until all my characters are in their 60s.

I'm going to feel really stupid if I overleveled for Pandora the way I did for Mem Aleph in Strange Journey.

Oh my god the way you gain EXP in this game suuuuuuucks. How is that a thing that can be screwed up?

It seems like it'd be quicker if I powerleveled my team one at a time until they reached the level for their Ultimate Persona. So y'know, I will be at this for a while.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just lost two hours of progress and in that time I think my team gained about two or three levels, and since I need to level up between six and eight more levels depending on the party member, that should spell how badly this is going to get.

Is there a quicker way to level up than fighting level 60 enemies in Mikage Ruins, or can Pandora be beaten in the mid 50s without the Ultimate Personae?

Yeah turns out she can't. Oh well. Not wasting any more time.

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So next Famitsu is gonna have info about the second Q2 dungeon where the Phantom Thieves plus FeMC meet the Investigation Team. It's confirmed to be the Dinosaur world.

So it looks like they meet one team at a time so I guess S.E.E.S will show up at dungeon 3. That's a bit of a shame if true that we'd have to wait so long for FeMC to meet the counterparts of her universe.

Also da fuq is this?
PQ2-Dungeon-2-Screenshots-4.jpg

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So next Famitsu is gonna have info about the second Q2 dungeon where the Phantom Thieves plus FeMC meet the Investigation Team. It's confirmed to be the Dinosaur world.

So it looks like they meet one team at a time so I guess S.E.E.S will show up at dungeon 3. That's a bit of a shame if true that we'd have to wait so long for FeMC to meet the counterparts of her universe.

Also da fuq is this?
Weird monster.
Also I didn't know this game was in first-person perspective.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017

Also da fuq is this?
Nice that they are using a similar battle menu to P5 with everything assigned to separate buttons.
Disappointing that I might have to wait a while to use my favourite cast but I guess it gets me to use other characters that I probably wouldn't have used.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a quicker way to level up than fighting level 60 enemies in Mikage Ruins, or can Pandora be beaten in the mid 50s without the Ultimate Personae?

I'm pretty sure I unlock few Ultimate Persona for my team. Maybe just Elly, don't remember well. You can assign Persona with a level greater than a specific character? I mean, Elly LV 18 trying to use Lilim LV 19, for example.

If it's working that way, I would say try to get better Personas (*), it don't have to need the Ultimate ones.

(*) And if it's like in a normal SMT game, the fusion system would be capped with the MC level right? Try to finish fights just with him and every else doing nothing. I think the actions in the battle influence how much experience gain a party member.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I unlock few Ultimate Persona for my team. Maybe just Elly, don't remember well. You can assign Persona with a level greater than a specific character? I mean, Elly LV 18 trying to use Lilim LV 19, for example.

If it's working that way, I would say try to get better Personas (*), it don't have to need the Ultimate ones.

(*) And if it's like in a normal SMT game, the fusion system would be capped with the MC level right? Try to finish fights just with him and every else doing nothing. I think the actions in the battle influence how much experience gain a party member.

Evey character has an individual Persona Level that gains more EXP when you use your Personae in combat, which dictates what level of Persona they can use.

And yeah that is how EXP gaining works, it's just that it will take hours of grinding to bring everyone up to approximately level 60 for their Ultimate Persaone.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
So yeah these trailers caught me off guard with showing all of the party members on every dungeon lol So it's confirmed that

Kamoshidaman: P5 cast + FeMC
Dinosaurs: P4 cast (hence P4MC and P5MC fight at their first encounter)
Robot/sci-fi: P3 cast (as the TGS cutscene already confirmed)
Happy/cute looking movie: Everyone

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap I finally got all the Ultimate Personae and... they all kind of suck? Susano-O, Michael and Amen Ra are alright but I expected a lot more, and Verdandi is a thousand times worse than Tensan Nyannyan.

The manga was on point with Persona selection; Vishnu for the protag and Tensan for Maki in lieu of their actual Ultimates.

Alright Ultimates maxed out and ready to face the final boss and... Holy Freud, Pandora!

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GUYS

GUYS I DID IT

I FINALLY BEAT PERSONA 1

I AM A TRUE SMT HIPSTER NOW

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah these trailers caught me off guard with showing all of the party members on every dungeon lol So it's confirmed that

Kamoshidaman: P5 cast + FeMC
Dinosaurs: P4 cast (hence P4MC and P5MC fight at their first encounter)
Robot/sci-fi: P3 cast (as the TGS cutscene already confirmed)
Happy/cute looking movie: Everyone

I'm honestly a bit concerned about only having access to all three casts 3 dungeons in. It might make people wonder why they should even bother with the P3 cast in their party.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the DLC tracks in the Persona 3/5 dancing games are worthwhile? The game is MUCH cheaper on Amazon JP right now (like half price the US version) and I'm considering going with that instead, but I guess I would miss out on DLC unless I made a JP account.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it too much to hope for a Persona Q with an original cast? Looking back, Rei and Zen were the most interesting parts of the game, and I'm pretty sure I'll feel the same about New Girl too.

I just want something with the gameplay of Persona Q without the intrusive crossover elements where formerly interesting characters are flattened even further (who wants to bet there'll be 5000 jokes about Haru being a sadist?) It can still be the wacky comedy Persona if it wants, but it seems like it'd a great avenue to develop an original cast.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just want something with the gameplay of Persona Q without the intrusive crossover elements where formerly interesting characters are flattened even further (who wants to bet there'll be 5000 jokes about Haru being a sadist?) It can still be the wacky comedy Persona if it wants, but it seems like it'd a great avenue to develop an original cast.
Aren't you just looking for Etrian Odyssey Untold at that point?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played an EO. Should I?
The entire conceit of Persona Q is "Etrian Odyssey with Persona characters." It's why the "Q" is there (EO is called "Sekaiju no Meikyuu" in Japan). So if what you want more of is the Persona Q gameplay, the source of it is the Etrian Odyssey series.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The entire conceit of Persona Q is "Etrian Odyssey with Persona characters." It's why the "Q" is there (EO is called "Sekaiju no Meikyuu" in Japan). So if what you want more of is the Persona Q gameplay, the source of it is the Etrian Odyssey series.

Well I would also like a new cast rather than old characters I like getting Flanderized (thanks tvtropes). Zen and Rei had a cool story arc tacked onto zany crossover antics. Like you could make the series a way to flesh out the wider Persona universe.

Persona Q just seems like a way to bring back classic Persona gameplay and dungeon crawling, but it's being hampered by the crossover elements (though I imagine that's why people are interested in the game to begin with).

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Etrian Odyssey is pretty good and could be what you're looking for, at least in the gameplay department which is a lot more polished and balanced than PQ (from what I hear, I haven't actually played PQ). I personally really liked what I played of EO4, but the lack of an interesting setting/world, premise, lore, narrative thread or characters kinda made me lose steam somewhere around the second area. You definitely gotta go into it exclusively for the dungeon crawling (and some kickass music) because it's almost entirely focused on that, or at least 4 is. Untold 1 and 2 have story modes with fixed characters and all that but I haven't heard particularly great things about said modes so I still wouldn't go into it expecting any sort of good character arcs or anything of the sort.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Margaret PQ2 trailer:

She's in charge of the Persona compendium this time round.
I think we've had trailers for all of the Velvet Room attendants now with the exception of Marie.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit this is cool.

Scruffyturtles actually got Xanthe Huynh to voice Haru in an Adult Confidant AU comic dub.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the DLC tracks in the Persona 3/5 dancing games are worthwhile? The game is MUCH cheaper on Amazon JP right now (like half price the US version) and I'm considering going with that instead, but I guess I would miss out on DLC unless I made a JP account.
There's plenty of playthroughs on YouTube, and there is some interesting stuff in the DLC, but taste is subjective so not all of it might appeal to you. If you're playing on PS4, it's not really a hardship to make a secondary JP PSN account and play its content while still being logged in to your main account. You do have to keep in mind, though, that DLC is historically cheaper (perhaps as much as half price) internationally, so if you end up wanting to buy a majority of it, you might not come out ahead buying into the JP version in the end.

I'm pretty sure I spent approximately $130 in song DLC alone, skipping all cosmetics that weren't free.

Oct 27, 2017
London
So I almost finished P4G, how much longer do I have left in the game, seems like I am doing random shit right now.

Beat Adachi, I maxed out Marie and she disappeared and Margaret is looking for her. I heard that I get an extra dungeon so how hard is it going to be? Want to prepare if that's going to be tough.

Also I love Chie, Chie is Bae

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
So I almost finished P4G, how much longer do I have left in the game, seems like I am doing random shit right now.

Beat Adachi, I maxed out Marie and she disappeared and Margaret is looking for her. I heard that I get an extra dungeon so how hard is it going to be? Want to prepare if that's going to be tough.

Also I love Chie, Chie is Bae
Marie's dungeon appears on the 13th February, during the ski trip iirc. I think it also limits you to using only equipment you find in that dungeon and halves your current SP after every battle so it can be quite tough. You do gain SP after every turn in battle.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
There's plenty of playthroughs on YouTube, and there is some interesting stuff in the DLC, but taste is subjective so not all of it might appeal to you. If you're playing on PS4, it's not really a hardship to make a secondary JP PSN account and play its content while still being logged in to your main account. You do have to keep in mind, though, that DLC is historically cheaper (perhaps as much as half price) internationally, so if you end up wanting to buy a majority of it, you might not come out ahead buying into the JP version in the end.

I'm pretty sure I spent approximately $130 in song DLC alone, skipping all cosmetics that weren't free.
Thanks, this is exactly the info I was looking for! Sounds like I should stick with the NA release as I ended up buying a lot of the song DLC for P4D.

Deleted member 48436

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
as an era newcomer i came here exclusively to tell y'all that yukari takeba best character :p

seriously though i have to beat persona 3 already