• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48436

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Be sure to leave your impressions of P3 sometime
i'm impressed! persona 3 made me love videogames again.

i can't really bring myself to play the whole of it but so far i've sunken 40 hours into persona 3 fes (2x20 given that i restarted the game so i'm still just not long after full moon operation) and 25 hours in persona 5 (had a chance to play it on my uncles ps3 till he took it, got to kaneshiro boss fight). every time i pick up the game it's a blast to me so it's not like i dont like it or am tired of it or something.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Critical cut in's are on the Q2 website now.
http://p-ch.jp/news/2218/
P3P_hero_bokosuka_header.jpg

P5_haru_bokosuka_header.jpg

P3_aegis_bokosuka_header.jpg

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Found it cool that both P3 and P4 guys kept their background like the original respectives while the P5 ones have the red vibrant one from their game
P4_yosuke_bokosuka_header_min.jpg

as an era newcomer i came here exclusively to tell y'all that yukari takeba best character :p

seriously though i have to beat persona 3 already
Welcome! Always nice to see someone who appreciates the greatness that is Yukari.
Be sure to leave your impressions of P3 sometime
Ah, some men of culture!
I appreciate any love for P3 going on but this Yukari talk is unacceptable
P3_yukari_bokosuka_header_min.jpg

OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yukari is pretty good, even if she's not Aigis. Aigis will forever be the best character in Persona 3.

Also those cutouts are awesome.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Aigis is only good in The Answer honestly

Mitsuru is probably the best character in 3 but Akihiko and Junpei aren't far behind

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was never the biggest Yukari fan. Even before I played the answer I got really tired of her attitude too Mitsuru early on.

She gets better and I don't hate her. But if the P3 girls she's probably my least favorite.

And Aigis reigns supreme.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aigis is only good in the spinoffs.
And that's sad.

You don't need to denigrate Aigis because someone did the same to Yukari.

People who hate Yukari are irrational at best, so there's no reason to hit back.

Additionally, Aigis was fairly good in FES. While she might be more enjoyable in the spinoff games, she's more shallow as well.

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to denigrate Aigis because someone did the same to Yukari.

People who hate Yukari are irrational at best, so there's no reason to hit back.

Additionally, Aigis was fairly good in FES. While she might be more enjoyable in the spinoff games, she's more shallow as well.
Don't be ridiculous, PK!

I said it cause Kromeo gave me an opening.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I like Aigis as a character. I wasn't a huge fan of parts of her story in the Journey (mainly her introduction and the end of her social link) but I did like using her in battle and she had some nice scenes throughout the story including a pretty funny one with Koromaru and Shinji in the movies.

Yukari, Mitsuru, and Junpei are my top 3 P3 characters.

*edit: Forgot that Aigis and Yukari have the best dance in P3D and that makes Aigis awesome.

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely curious how he's going to be written.

Like I'm wondering if he might try and turn the other groups against the Phantom Thieves.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
So glad that Persona Central posted a translation of the Soejima interview in the artbook, some good stuff in there.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Ah Aigis... Hopefully the eventual P3 remake will change some stuff...

Anyways that was a cool unison attack, rip Junpei Iori Ace Defective
I'm genuinely curious how he's going to be written.

Like I'm wondering if he might try and turn the other groups against the Phantom Thieves.
I'm honestly thinking
the PTs might at one point tell him the jig is up and they know he's the black mask
Given
his spotlight in the intro, there's definitely something up with him. To me it seems like he'll betray everyone at one point in the game but I don't think they'll take him out as your party member so maybe he and the PT are just awkward the whole game lol

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Goro Akechi in PQ2:

He very likely will not have any plot-relevant twist associated with him. Anything that explicitly informs the plot of the characters or the respective games past their PQ2 time frames is probably a big no-no in the design doc.

There'll be subtle hints throughout the game as to his true character, but not more than that. It might be the case where, subtly, you can see how Akechi truly becomes a more trusting person and regretful of his past, with the tragedy there being that everyone loses their memories after PQ2 and his fate is inevitable. PQ1 did the same.

The Phantom Thieves won't blow their main objective by revealing their plan to Akechi because of its importance, and there'd be no point to trying to actively rally other groups against the Phantom Thieves (other than a perception thing where he goes, "Man, aren't these guys immoral or what?")
It does bring to mind why we see P5MC and P4MC fighting each other, but I bet it's a very quick sequence. Like, there might be members of the Investigation Team missing, Yu runs into Ren, and he immediately goes on the offensive thinking he's a shadow.

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Goro Akechi in PQ2:

He very likely will not have any plot-relevant twist associated with him. Anything that explicitly informs the plot of the characters or the respective games past their PQ2 time frames is probably a big no-no in the design doc.

There'll be subtle hints throughout the game as to his true character, but not more than that. It might be the case where, subtly, you can see how Akechi truly becomes a more trusting person and regretful of his past, with the tragedy there being that everyone loses their memories after PQ2 and his fate is inevitable. PQ1 did the same.

The Phantom Thieves won't blow their main objective by revealing their plan to Akechi because of its importance, and there'd be no point to trying to actively rally other groups against the Phantom Thieves (other than a perception thing where he goes, "Man, aren't these guys immoral or what?")
It does bring to mind why we see P5MC and P4MC fighting each other, but I bet it's a very quick sequence. Like, there might be members of the Investigation Team missing, Yu runs into Ren, and he immediately goes on the offensive thinking he's a shadow.
It would at least be a good way to help pace the rate of getting party members.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ok seems pretty obvious but he defiantly recognizes Naoto. Which means they should figure out time travel is involved a bit faster then in Q1.

Curious if we'll get any acknowledgement of what Naoto is currently doing.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
From the little bit I saw of PQ1, it struck me that it had pretty compressed audio. Does that seem like it's going to be the case in PQ2 from what we can tell? Some of those clips seem good so far.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, Goro recognizes Naoto too in her trailer and in Kanji's trailer they mention the possibility of them coming from different time periods.

Remaining trailers:
P3: Fuuka, Yukari, Mitsuru
P4: Marie, Yosuke, Rise, Teddie
P5: Haru, Makoto, Ann

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Someone in the comments mentioned that in Famitsu they said Teddie thinks of Goro as Yosuke because they're both pretty boys lol

Also

The song for P3 ;_;

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still doesn't exactly jive with his reputation as a loser.
The guy being given any positive description is kind of a shock.

One of the core aspects of his character is that he's a stylish, handsome dude that immediately disappoints everyone when he opens his mouth

It doesn't really come across because it's Persona, and everyone is ridiculously attractive, but yeah it's there

(and partly why he's crazy popular with women)

Oct 25, 2017
One of the core aspects of his character is that he's a stylish, handsome dude that immediately disappoints everyone when he opens his mouth

It doesn't really come across because it's Persona, and everyone is ridiculously attractive, but yeah it's there

I almost got thrown for another loop before realizing what you meant.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

He's also the best dancer in P4: DAN and the fighter with the most stylish, flashy moves. He could seriously be main character material as long as he doesn't open his mouth (and hides his freaky long neck).

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Q1 will run you about 70 hours for one of the routes. Q2 has not been announced for the west yet.
Daaaaaang 70 hours for a DS game seems insane, although I guess SMT4A is about the same for it. I will give Q1 a shot! Funny thing is, I bought Q1 used from GS and when I put it in, the DS said it couldnt read the game and forced a restart. I could never get passed 5 seconds into the intro movie. I will probably just ask my wife for a new copy for xmas

Side note for all the persona fans. There is an app called Toreba that lets you play streaming japanese claw machines. One of the prizes was a large Morgana plush, and I was able to get it! I am mad excited for it to come in. I am 30 in 3 months, and I am excited for a plush.

Oct 25, 2017
Daaaaaang 70 hours for a DS game seems insane, although I guess SMT4A is about the same for it. I will give Q1 a shot! Funny thing is, I bought Q1 used from GS and when I put it in, the DS said it couldnt read the game and forced a restart. I could never get passed 5 seconds into the intro movie. I will probably just ask my wife for a new copy for xmas

Side note for all the persona fans. There is an app called Toreba that lets you play streaming japanese claw machines. One of the prizes was a large Morgana plush, and I was able to get it! I am mad excited for it to come in. I am 30 in 3 months, and I am excited for a plush.
Oh, and there's the superboss that you have to beat both routes first before it shows up on your next playthrough.

So yeah, I don't think you need to worry about timing.