• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Wait now who's that?!

You don't remember Navajo?

w6kxhI6.png

I apologize for nothing aside from my terrible editing skills

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol Ryuji gushing over Rise

Now that we know the actual unison attack I fixed it for you!

Is it the same unison? Teddie isn't on the artwork on the site.
menu02_food.png

But if you insist then let's call it the best girl mix.

(Man I'd love to use that picture as an avatar if I could get a decent version of it.)

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Is it the same unison? Teddie isn't on the artwork on the site.
But if you insist then let's call it the best girl mix.

(Man I'd love to use that picture as an avatar if I could get a decent version of it.)
It caught me off-guard too but I'm not sure they'd have another unison attack with most of the same group of people. We'll probably see Ann/Chie when Ann's trailer pops out.

Hmm maybe you can ask in the avatar request thread for them to cut it out for you and edit its file size?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It caught me off-guard too but I'm not sure they'd have another unison attack with most of the same group of people. We'll probably see Ann/Chie when Ann's trailer pops out.

Hmm maybe you can ask in the avatar request thread for them to cut it out for you and edit its file size?

I may try that after I'm done with this bet avatar.

Thanks for the advice.

While it would be weird to have such a similar Unison I also think it's odd they don't have Teddie there.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like Ikutsuki might be involved in this one

*Edited because I didn't see I was beaten by seconds haha*

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I need help remembering a song. It's from P3 or P4.

Sounds like it says "dova clean" at one point. It's slower and notba battle theme.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I need help remembering a song. It's from P3 or P4.

Sounds like it says "dova clean" at one point. It's slower and notba battle theme.
Can you remember anything else about it?
I'm guessing it's a town theme, so maybe Signs of Love or Your Affection from P4 or When the Moon Reaches Out for Stars or Want to be Close from P3

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man P5 is really turning up. I love it so much
I just fought Goro Akechi directly after fighting the Yakuza guy in Shido's palace. Such an awesome fight and transformation. I exited the palace and am going to send the calling card closer to the end of the time limit. I don't know what actually happened to Akechi yet (last I saw/heard, he got shot after telling me to take down Shido), but I want him to come back.

I really hope they make a P5Arena now, these characters would be so awesome to play in a fighter that has the Guilty Gear polish.

Also, still playing PersonaQ before I sleep every night. That game is too damn charming. Only on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Oh man P5 is really turning up. I love it so much
I just fought Goro Akechi directly after fighting the Yakuza guy in Shido's palace. Such an awesome fight and transformation. I exited the palace and am going to send the calling card closer to the end of the time limit. I don't know what actually happened to Akechi yet (last I saw/heard, he got shot after telling me to take down Shido), but I want him to come back.

I really hope they make a P5Arena now, these characters would be so awesome to play in a fighter that has the Guilty Gear polish.

Also, still playing PersonaQ before I sleep every night. That game is too damn charming. Only on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon
Yeah, no, he ded

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dear god I hope they dont give him some bullshit revival/redemption in a spinoff. He doesn't deserve it

You saw what they did with that guy from Persona 4.

He's the most popular character in Japan.

Just brace yourself for his inevitable return.

If it makes you feel any better I don't see them making him all buddy buddy with the thieves.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017

If it makes you feel any better I don't see them making him all buddy buddy with the thieves.
I can see them making him all buddy buddy. The Phantom Thieves were so quick to forgive him in P5.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like Akechi.
And also wouldn't mind him being brought back to life. Hell I was expecting it when all the PT were sent to the Velvet Room

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
I can see them making him all buddy buddy. The Phantom Thieves were so quick to forgive him in P5.
Dude, did you even listen to Haru's line in that scene? They were not ready to forgive him. "hey, you can help us defeat your dad and stop his plan" is not the same as "we totally forgive you, we can still be friends".

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no, he ded

Oh man, this is such a conflict for me

Like, I want him to come back, but at the same time I want death to be a permanent thing. I don't like it, like in DC/Marvel, where 'Oh they died but they will come back, and die, and come back'.
I actually really like Akechi, and don't get a lot of the flack for his character. I understand the Haru stuff, because she feels so hollow compared to the rest of the cast.

Could you refresh my memory? It's been a few years since I played 4.

With Akechi dying, would anyone care if he came back in a spinoff? Like in a fighter similar to P4Arena? I assume he is in the dancing games.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, this is such a conflict for me

Like, I want him to come back, but at the same time I want death to be a permanent thing. I don't like it, like in DC/Marvel, where 'Oh they died but they will come back, and die, and come back'.
I actually really like Akechi, and don't get a lot of the flack for his character. I understand the Haru stuff, because she feels so hollow compared to the rest of the cast.

Could you refresh my memory? It's been a few years since I played 4.

With Akechi dying, would anyone care if he came back in a spinoff? Like in a fighter similar to P4Arena? I assume he is in the dancing games.
Im referring to Adachi and how his popularity led to him getting into Dancing and Ultimax.

Yeah Akechi is DLC for the new Dancing games. You get him free if you preorder P5D or the bundle.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Im referring to Adachi and how his popularity led to him getting into Dancing and Ultimax.

Yeah Akechi is DLC for the new Dancing games. You get him free if you preorder P5D or the bundle.
Oh snap, nice. I didnt know he was that popular. He was a cool character though. Never saw it coming on my first play. If they added any P5 characters to BBTag, I would legit get that game

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Dude, did you even listen to Haru's line in that scene? They were not ready to forgive him. "hey, you can help us defeat your dad and stop his plan" is not the same as "we totally forgive you, we can still be friends".
Ok I misremembered the scene. I went back and rewatched it and you're right. Haru says she isn't ready to forgive him but she sympathised with him.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh snap, nice. I didnt know he was that popular. He was a cool character though. Never saw it coming on my first play. If they added any P5 characters to BBTag, I would legit get that game
Adachi being the killer is one of my all time favorite twists in fiction. Love that so much and it made his character so good

Also if P5 characters came to BBTAG, I also get a copy of that game...and give it away cause I own it already

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit did you guys know there are demos of the dancing games on PSN??

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I tried them earlier today. I went into the P5 one having never played P4D and unknowingly played on Normal having not done any Tutorial and was properly put in my place.
Really fun games though.
I've never played P4D either, so I wonder how I'll do. Was there no tutorial available?

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hey all

I'm 50 hours in P3 FES, I have 3 shadows to go and I'm level 50 with everyone else level 43

What's a good level to be at before going up against the final boss?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Hey all

I'm 50 hours in P3 FES, I have 3 shadows to go and I'm level 50 with everyone else level 43

What's a good level to be at before going up against the final boss?
I was around level 75-77 with my core party when I beat the game. I didn't have too much trouble with the final boss and tend to be overleveled for these types of games, so I think around the low 70s should be good enough.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I was whatever level you need to fuse Beezlebub when I finished the game earlier this this, final boss was a lot easier than I remember it being last time I beat it

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was around level 75-77 with my core party when I beat the game. I didn't have too much trouble with the final boss and tend to be overleveled for these types of games, so I think around the low 70s should be good enough.

Thanks!

I'm grinding a ton but I find I reach the gate in the dungeon with 20 or so days before the next shadow, so my grinding quickly seems to limit me to minimal exp and I'm not sure if that's the game telling me to stop grinding or not

I just don't want to find myself under levelled at the end of the game and unable to beat the end boss

Are there any spoiler free hints anyone can give me on how to get the good ending?

I went into P4G blind and got the bad ending because of that (I'll replay it one day) so I don't want to make the same mistake with P3 FES

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks!

I'm grinding a ton but I find I reach the gate in the dungeon with 20 or so days before the next shadow, so my grinding quickly seems to limit me to minimal exp and I'm not sure if that's the game telling me to stop grinding or not

I just don't want to find myself under levelled at the end of the game and unable to beat the end boss

Are there any spoiler free hints anyone can give me on how to get the good ending?

I went into P4G blind and got the bad ending because of that (I'll replay it one day) so I don't want to make the same mistake with P3 FES
P3 is pretty easy to get the good ending on. You get a whole month before you have to make the choice that decides the ending so if you're not sure you can ask again once you know what you're choosing between.

Oct 25, 2017
the new dancing games tutorial actually seems pretty good, you can jump in and get a quick text tutorial on a bunch of things, and if you click through that you get a playable tutorial on that topic (at least thats what it seemed like, I just clicked in to see if there was anythign special about double notes, but they are just two notes.)

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the tutorial is good. And it's fun to see the tutorial song evolve as you progress through the options. Although I wish it didn't boot you back to the menu after every step and just flowed continuously.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017

Wow
I didn't expect to see Ikutsuki here... given it's before his betrayal I don't expect him to actually show up outside the silhouette but it's still an interesting choice. Wonder if he'll get his dub voice from P3 (I think they changed it for Ultimax?)
Now I wonder if in the P4 dungeon they'll feature
either Mitsuo or Namatame

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
My god I suck at rhythm games. Having fun, though! Was overwhelmed with Rivers in the Desert on Normal, so I bumped it down to Easy and voila! No more stress, lol. Gotta practice at lower difficulties first since I'm not good with rhythm games in general.

Not a big fan of the Burn My Dread remix... Otherwise wonderful selection of songs!