• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm on new game plus and I noticed I'm still missing the "buy every kind of drink" trophy.

Any idea what machines I might be missing?

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
So I'm on new game plus and I noticed I'm still missing the "buy every kind of drink" trophy.

Any idea what machines I might be missing?
I'm using this to get track of missing books, drinks, etc for NG+ too.

Currently on 10/6. Four days and I can get the drink trophy too!! Already finished the books.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Beat the first palace last night in Persona 5. Been on and off with Persona 5 for so long now. I finally broke and lowered the difficulty back to Normal. Hard was just too much with Characters constantly getting one-shot despite my best strategies. It was almost pure RNG if you were going to hit a game over screen or not.

Please tell me Normal mode isn't piss easy. I hate hand holding JRPGs where you can button mash to the end of the game. Draconian Mode has been super super fun in DQ11.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well this is neat.
DravK7FU8AAsCLl

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Random thought/question I have about the wildcard/trickster concept in Persona 5:

Is that what made Joker so special and allowed him to attract all these people around him? Mona says he's special and whatnot when thinking about how he was able to gather his comrades and had the charm to be so well liked, etc.

So I was wondering if, being another wildcard/trickster (or is Joker the only one that is a "Trickster?"), would Akechi have been able to gather allies and friends too had he had the opportunity to do so? Basically, could Akechi have turned out to be like Joker and not as, if at all, twisted if he was surrounded by friends? I thought about it when I remembered how he was given an entire year (right?) to operate alone with his Metaverse abilities. Maybe if he had allies back then, he'd not have turned out so dark.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how y'all feel about the Persona Dancing demos that came out this week. I've been enjoying them a lot and now I'm even more excited for the full releases with more songs. The gameplay took some getting used to but I find it really fun. And obviously the presentation is excellent.

Thing I'm most excited about for the full game is to play that Tokyo Daylight remix. That song is too sexy!
Random thought/question I have about the wildcard/trickster concept in Persona 5:

Is that what made Joker so special and allowed him to attract all these people around him? Mona says he's special and whatnot when thinking about how he was able to gather his comrades and had the charm to be so well liked, etc.

So I was wondering if, being another wildcard/trickster (or is Joker the only one that is a "Trickster?"), would Akechi have been able to gather allies and friends too had he had the opportunity to do so? Basically, could Akechi have turned out to be like Joker and not as, if at all, twisted if he was surrounded by friends? I thought about it when I remembered how he was given an entire year (right?) to operate alone with his Metaverse abilities. Maybe if he had allies back then, he'd not have turned out so dark.
I think Trickster is separate from Wild Card since I don't think the other MCs were called Tricksters and so Akechi may not have had that. Or maybe they're both Tricksters (and "Trickster" would mean being chosen by Fake Igor for his game hence why it's different from Wild Card) but Joker gathered people to have allies while Akechi gathered people to have power and influence.
Not really sure though, I'd have to replay the game for a refresher on what the trickster stuff really is.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how y'all feel about the Persona Dancing demos that came out this week. I've been enjoying them a lot and now I'm even more excited for the full releases with more songs. The gameplay took some getting used to but I find it really fun. And obviously the presentation is excellent.

Thing I'm most excited about for the full game is to play that Tokyo Daylight remix. That song is too sexy!

I think Trickster is separate from Wild Card since I don't think the other MCs were called Tricksters and so Akechi may not have had that. Or maybe they're both Tricksters (and "Trickster" would mean being chosen by Fake Igor for his game hence why it's different from Wild Card) but Joker gathered people to have allies while Akechi gathered people to have power and influence.
Not really sure though, I'd have to replay the game for a refresher on what the trickster stuff really is.

It's basically the same as P4D except the songs don't lend themselves as well to remixes as P4's but I've been listening to the OST for a while so I already knew that.
I'll get them eventually because of my love for the characters and seeing P3's world with modern graphics but only with a hefty discount.

Anyway, I'm not sure why P1 didn't click with me all those years ago but I made the right choice to revisit it, the game is great.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017

I couldn't be bothered making a US account just for the demo. I already have the Japanese versions so I've been enjoying the games for a while anyway.
The Dancing games are my favourite Persona spin-offs and I prefer the P3 and P5 casts and music to P4s so I'm really excited to experience the games with the English voice casts.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't be bothered making a US account just for the demo. I already have the Japanese versions so I've been enjoying the games for a while anyway.
The Dancing games are my favourite Persona spin-offs and I prefer the P3 and P5 casts and music to P4s so I'm really excited to experience the games with the English voice casts.
Are the P5D demos available in the US? If so, I would love to download it and try it

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Currently watching the AtlusUSA Twitch stream for P5D and they've said that you have to buy the P4D DLC again for the PS4 version that comes with the Endless Night Collection even if you already have the DLC on the Vita version of P4D.
It's around the 45 minute mark that they mention this if the archive the stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/atlususa

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Currently watching the AtlusUSA Twitch stream for P5D and they've said that you have to buy the P4D DLC again for the PS4 version that comes with the Endless Night Collection even if you already have the DLC on the Vita version of P4D.
It's around the 45 minute mark that they mention this if the archive the stream.

Man...I'm REALLY not a fan of this "buy the DLC even though the work was done ages ago and well before this release" method that Atlus seems to like using. Already felt pretty weird with P3D and P5D but with P4D which came out so long ago it's just laughable.
Still buying at some point though...
tenor.gif

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK

This was an issue with the Japanese release too. Although on the Japanese release, the DLC was HEAVILY discounted (I think it was 10 Yen a pop, which is like 7p).

HOPEFULLY Atlus USA aren't tone deaf enough to charge full price for the dlc AGAIN

Oct 25, 2017
It was for technical or legal reasons or something like that that it was a trivial price in Japan if you've already bought it for vita, it was intended to be free.

They said on stream that you'd have to buy it again though, which would suggest that they won't have something like that over here.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017

What the hell? I spent so much money on all that DLC and I'm forced to double dip for content that they didn't actually get updated in any appreciable way since then? Do we have a clip showing when they announced this?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell? I spent so much money on all that DLC and I'm forced to double dip for content that they didn't actually get updated in any appreciable way since then? Do we have a clip showing when they announced this?
It was sort of the same thing with the JP version but I think it was 10 yen or so per piece of DLC. Also IIRC what was free DLC before was still free to port over to PS4.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
It was sort of the same thing with the JP version but I think it was 10 yen or so per piece of DLC.
Already addressed above. This sounds like a different thing so far, though I would welcome a clarification:
It was for technical or legal reasons or something like that that it was a trivial price in Japan if you've already bought it for vita, it was intended to be free.

They said on stream that you'd have to buy it again though, which would suggest that they won't have something like that over here.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty silly to expect them to give out the 3/5 DLC out for free just because it came out a while ago. It's still a product that took work to produce, after all. That said, the P4D bit sucks since a lot of us have bought it already. The discounted rate better be pretty deep.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty silly to expect them to give out the 3/5 DLC out for free just because it came out a while ago. It's still a product that took work to produce, after all. That said, the P4D bit sucks since a lot of us have bought it already. The discounted rate better be pretty deep.
No one is talking about DLC for P3D or P5D. This is strictly about P4D on PS4.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No one is talking about DLC for P3D or P5D. This is strictly about P4D on PS4.
Was referring to the 3/5 part of this post. I've seen this elsewhere so it caught my attention. Like I'm not trying to go to bat for giant corporations, but it reads as weird to me.
Man...I'm REALLY not a fan of this "buy the DLC even though the work was done ages ago and well before this release" method that Atlus seems to like using. Already felt pretty weird with P3D and P5D but with P4D which came out so long ago it's just laughable.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing is Sony's cross-buy system supports cross-buy DLC so there is no technical reason for any of these hoops.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Was referring to the 3/5 part of this post. I've seen this elsewhere so it caught my attention. Like I'm not trying to go to bat for giant corporations, but it reads as weird to me.
Missed that one, and it is indeed weird. P3D and P5D DLC are going to be priced as new, and aren't even that old to begin with.
The funny thing is Sony's cross-buy system supports cross-buy DLC so there is no technical reason for any of these hoops.
Not in P4D's case, where the Vita version was released more than three years ago.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Meh. Work was already done a while ago and it's far from uncommon for subsequent releases of titles to include post-launch work in the re-release. Never said I expected them to be included (though calling that expectation "silly" seems sillier to me), only that it felt weird and my post makes an obvious distinction between the P3/5D cases and the P4D PS4 case anyway.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Not in P4D's case, where the Vita version was released more than three years ago.

If you release a later version of the same game you can attach that new game version to the older game's store record on PSN, so it's not about age. This is probably a contractual thing (someone gets a royalty per sale) or Sony is charging Atlas in some related way for the new release. Or maybe the usual LOLATLASEXECUTIVES, this is the same company that released the only region-locked game for the PS3.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Atlus should have slid P4D onto PS Plus in September or October for PS4 and Vita as a way to promote the new games and sell the DLC. Boom.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Meh. Work was already done a while ago and it's far from uncommon for subsequent releases of titles to include post-launch work in the re-release. Never said I expected them to be included (though calling that expectation "silly" seems sillier to me), only that it felt weird and my post makes an obvious distinction between the P3/5D cases and the P4D PS4 case anyway.
It's the first release ever outside of Japan, not a re-release. DLC only finished releasing for the Japanese version fewer than three months ago.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's the first release ever outside of Japan, not a re-release. DLC only finished releasing for the Japanese version fewer than three months ago.
First, yes it's a re-release, literally. It's a game to which a second release date is now attached because it's launching in what represents a new market (platforms and/or countries).
Second, so what if the DLC was finished some arbitrary length of time before? That's inessential to my point. The premise of DLC is that you may pay extra for new content because it was worked on after the game went gold for release. That's why I'm saying it felt "weird" (like for example FighterZ coming to Switch when the DLC was done and not including that felt "weird") that content that was done before the "gold" version of a release is not included but that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying Atlus has no right to do that. I'm not saying all DLC that's released fits this "premise". I'm not saying it's dumb and there'll be no demand. I'm not writing some tirade about how I'll boycott it (already said I'm buying it). Just that it felt "weird" because it's one case of selling DLC that is different from the many ways this industry can handle DLC and thus can lead to a reaction that may be different. That's it.

(Hell it's what makes that "I don't like going to bat for giant corporations but imma do it here" bit silly because what are we "going to bat" for? Someone saying "this small thing feels weird whatever I'm buying"? Is that how low we set the bar?)

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
First, yes it's a re-release, literally. It's a game to which a second release date is now attached because it's launching in what represents a new market (platforms and/or countries).
There is a very, very long history of precedent dating back to the 80s where the first release in a given region is marketed and budgeted as a primary release. The fact that a small number of mega-publishers have started front-loading their localization work to narrow the gaps between regional releases within this decade doesn't invalidate this still-common practice.

It's not as if they just sat on the content for half a year and are arbitrarily releasing it now on a whim; localization is a process that takes time and money. It's still a norm outside the big 5 or so publishers to focus on their home region first and finish the localization work for other territories later. I also don't find it unreasonable to consider the localized product separate from the original, especially considering that it objectively contains work that wasn't originally present.

The premise of DLC is that you may pay extra for new content because it was worked on after the game went gold for release. That's why I'm saying it felt "weird" (like for example FighterZ coming to Switch when the DLC was done and not including that felt "weird") that content that was done before the "gold" version of a release is not included but that's all I'm saying.
That's not how DLC works. There is no time period after which DLC becomes part of the budgetary limits under which the original game was produced. It is a separate entity produced under a separate budget with separate revenue expectations. Sure, packaged releases with baked-in DLC exist, but these are generally either a second or third release within a given region in an attempt to encourage late adoption, or games with such poor expectations that they don't think they can attract an audience without taking a loss.