Persona Community Thread |OT| Welcome To The Velvet Room

Oct 25, 2017
Villains like Ganondorf and Dedede would probably be Tower
Robin can be Chariot due to their association with military conquest
Palutena can be Empress
I figure Bayonetta can be Devil due to her seductive nature
Pit can be Magician because of how green he seems, yet to reach his full potential.
Kirby is the Fool, maybe also Game & Watch
Cloud is Hermit cause he doesn't have any Square spirits with him
I can't tell whether Lucas is Sun or Star
Corrin might be Temperance due to their mixed origin while also seeming to have a moveset that has traits of all sorts of fighters (or it might be Mega Man cause of his assimilating abilities from others while not taking on their identities like Kirby)

Oct 30, 2017
Pit can be Magician because of how green he seems, yet to reach his full potential.
Kirby is the Fool
These two are perfect!
I think Magician would fit Sonic pretty well due to his self confidence and ego (Morgana even has a Sonic costume in P5D)
Death could fit Shulk well
His body hosted Zanza and he was killed by Dickson

Oct 30, 2017
Hi people! First time posting here lol

I've been playing P5 (first time getting a Persona game, I really like it) for a couple of months and I'm at Kaneshiro's palace. I was wondering if there's a guide somewhere to see what to do about the confidants, there are so many and the days go by super fast lol

Oct 29, 2017

I've been playing P5 (first time getting a Persona game, I really like it) for a couple of months and I'm at Kaneshiro's palace. I was wondering if there's a guide somewhere to see what to do about the confidants, there are so many and the days go by super fast lol
The general tip is to do the Temperence and Fortune confidants as fast as you can because both give you abilities that can save a lot of time.

Oct 25, 2017

Along with Chocobo Blade's tip, make sure to keep the right personas equipped so that you earn as many points for advancement as possible.
Also make sure to get the stat-boosting juice in the subway every week.

Oct 30, 2017
The general tip is to do the Temperence and Fortune confidants as fast as you can because both give you abilities that can save a lot of time.
Along with Chocobo Blade's tip, make sure to keep the right personas equipped so that you earn as many points for advancement as possible.
Also make sure to get the stat-boosting juice in the subway every week.
Thanks for the tips! Haven't work that much on Temperance and Fortune doesn't show up yet (though I just read a dialogue about a fortune teller who can be visited at night, maybe that's her)

Didn't know about the juice! Will keep an eye on it then

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips! Haven't work that much on Temperance and Fortune doesn't show up yet (though I just read a dialogue about a fortune teller who can be visited at night, maybe that's her)

Didn't know about the juice! Will keep an eye on it then
Oh, also plant nutrients for the plant in your attic. It's free kindness.

Oct 25, 2017
I both appreciate and hate how they retained the same localization style from P3 in P3D. It's consistent but untranslated Japanese words and honorifics in localizations bugs me more and more the older I get - and I never thought it worked well in a dub at all.

I was hoping a potential P3 remake would revisit the localization to actually translate the things needlessly left untranslated after P5 ditched the style, but seems they're intent on sticking with it.

Oct 25, 2017
I both appreciate and hate how they retained the same localization style from P3 in P3D. It's consistent but untranslated Japanese words and honorifics in localizations bugs me more and more the older I get - and I never thought it worked well in a dub at all.

I was hoping a potential P3 remake would revisit the localization to actually translate the things needlessly left untranslated after P5 ditched the style, but seems they're intent on sticking with it.
A remake would necessitate a relocalization, but like aside from ditching the honorifics, Persona 5's localization was less than stellar (I keep thinking about that "he speaks with conviction and charisma, he's really earned my vote!" line, which was voiced, and it's like, literally nobody stopped and said "hmm that's phrased super awkwardly and we should probably adjust it!")

Oct 25, 2017
Greed: K Rool
Gluttony: Kirby
Sloth: Also Kirby
Lust: Bayonetta
Wrath: Kirby
Envy: Luigi
Pride: Ganondorf

You could have a non-Phantom Thief Ren set of alts. Might be a bit too different from Joker to work though.

Oct 25, 2017
Titty Typhoon
Greed: Wario
Gluttony: Dedede
Sloth: Square Enix???
Lust: Bayonetta or Bowser
Wrath: Ganondorf
Envy: Luigi
Pride: Incineroar

I'm guessing Joker's going to be like Shulk, with each of his alternate colours representing different party members.
I thought about this, but most of them would only result in the hair and gloves changing color since nearly everyone is clad in black. Joker and Arsene can swap colors for one of them, but I don't have any ideas for the rest.

Oct 25, 2017
@ people who suggest Bayonetta for Lust: For any and all of Persona 5's narrative flaws, it correctly chose the "Lust" representative as someone who is guilty of lust and not, like, a woman who is the object of lust.

If we're doing specifically the bosses from Persona 5:
Kamoshida: Wii Fit Trainer, because he is a gym teacher
Madarame: Inkling, because paint
Kaneshiro: Game & Watch, I guess, because they used G&W for the Buzz Buzz spirit battle
Wakaba: Palutena, maybe? She got wings
Okamura: Maaaybe R.O.B. because he's a robot?
Nijima: Either Zero Suit Samus, who has a gun, or Lucina, who has a sword
Shido: Incineroar on account of the Lion part of the battle

@ people who suggest Bayonetta for Lust: For any and all of Persona 5's narrative flaws, it correctly chose the "Lust" representative as someone who is guilty of lust and not, like, a woman who is the object of lust.
Alright then. Who's the most sexual member of the roster?
Closest I can think outside of Bayo are the married FE characters.

Also, I'd go for Wario in the Kaneshiro slot because of Greed. Maybe a giant metal Jigglypuff as backup trying to roll over the player.

I think this interpretation of lust was the whole point of Tfritz’s post lol
I said sexual because as far as I know, lustful smash characters just don't exist.
Maybe some wild theories about the hands.

edit: On reflection, Robin and Corrin being able to marry their friends' kids certainly puts them on some level of creeper, so I guess we've found it lol.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I buy that rumor. Makes sense that the Granblue Fantasy fighting game would be, once again, something that gets in the way of Persona 5 Arena. But they've surely been working on it for a while already, and it'll probably have a neat reveal in April. What's worrisome is it potentially not being released until 2020. That'd be a long time.

Granblue Fantasy Versus also pretty much shows that a P5A would have the 3D model treatment, and that ASW isn't doing sprites anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced. I think the leak requires too much inside knowledge of multiple companies, and various different details that don't sound like they could come from a single source.

Also whilst Granblue likely means that a P5U wouldn't be coming any time soon, not sure I could see it being delayed internally in favour of another project if pre existing plans had already been made. That seems like it would be odd favouritism. Unless there were issues with the development of one game causing problems.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess we’ll get some idea at either the Concert or they unveil the next DLC for Smash.

Speaking of I think my favorite new Smash meme is Bayonetta being Ren’s mom.

Boy would that have ended the game quick.