• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Dont worry about running out of time to grind (even though you NEVER NEED TO GRIND). The final day doesnt end until you beat the last boss, and your party members dont get tired on the final day, so you can just go up and down tartar sauce as much as you like

Ah thanks! I'm glad I know that, now I can just plow through to the end

Yeah I know you don't NEED to grind, it's more that I didn't want to end up on the end boss and struggling with it without being able to grind if I needed to

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Less than a week left until the "Dark Sun..." 1-hour special for Persona 5 the Animation. Definitely curious regarding what it's even going to be, considering the major story beats to hit include:
  • Reveal that Joker is not dead, and explanation of what the master plan was + callback to the scene that made them put it into motion.
  • Emphasizing that Joker is living under cover while everyone thinks he's dead.
  • Discovering that Shido is the one behind it all and uncovering his palace.
  • Going through Shido's quite involved palace, learning Akechi's backstory, facing Akechi.
  • Finding out that the masses have become apathetic and then needing to go through the Mementos Depths.
  • Facing the Holy Grail.
  • Confronting Fake Igor and the twins, then the reveal that they're Lavenza and what had happened to the Velvet Room.
  • Final climb to face Jaldabaoth.
  • Very important epilogue that ties the "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There" activism theme together.
There's about 20-30 hours of story left that they'd need to condense into 1 hour. There's no way that they'd be able to cover all of the important beats.

It doesn't seem like they'd continue P5A unless they're gonna do another special in the near future, which would be kinda weird. If it needs to end here, I could see them ending the story at the end of the next Palace.

Oct 25, 2017
Considering I don't think Dark Sun has ever been billed as the finale or ending, I don't think it's going to cover the endgame, and with ad breaks included in the hour too it will probably be closer to 50 minutes. Plus there's still an extra bluray scheduled to account for.

I think it will just cover to the end of Shido's palace. Then another special will be announced at the end for the final arc. Not sure there's another cliffhanger they can end it on, the other big reveal is probably too far along and wouldn't work as a fake out ending, so probably just stop at some point after taking down Shido.

Curious about the tvcm for the concert too. Concert commercials have tended to just be footage of the last concert, but that's not exactly something worth tuning in for. We should at least we should get the concert titles/theme and key visuals.

Last edited:

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
This special is probably going to be the set-up for the summer movie and then depending on box office for that it will be a final movie or a special for the ending.

Oct 25, 2017
Be5C9S9.jpg

Some festive QR codes released by the Persona twitter, which lead to:

When you combine them

STech

Sep 24, 2018
Hi!
I've been playing Persona 5 for more than 40 hours, I'm now at the third palace but I need some advices, because this is my first Persona.

Until now I've been using the Personas I have "captured" because seems to be enough. I haven't had any problems with battles, but every time I have to create a new persona with the guillotine I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's good idea to sacrifice a Persona to make another one...

Do you recommend to fuse personas or should I wait to the final stages of the game to do that?

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Hi!
I've been playing Persona 5 for more than 40 hours, I'm now at the third palace but I need some advices, because this is my first Persona.

Until now I've been using the Personas I have "captured" because seems to be enough. I haven't had any problems with battles, but every time I have to create a new persona with the guillotine I don't know what to do. I don't know if it's good idea to sacrifice a Persona to make another one...

Do you recommend to fuse personas or should I wait to the final stages of the game to do that?
Yes, you should be fusing new Personas whenever you can to make better ones. The fused ones will usually be stronger than the ones you capture due to inherited skills and the exp bonus from confidants. The captured ones are rarely good for anything other than fodder for fusion and you can easily capture them again if you need.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Hi!

Fuse. Always fuse. It's never a bad idea.

Don't forget that the main character's level and stats are those of your currently equipped Persona. Not fusing at every opportunity is essentially handicapping yourself.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It will be interesting to see if the attitude towards P5 on this site miraculously changes if it does get that switch release

Oct 25, 2017
I first played Persona as Persona 3 portable and then P4G. If P5 gets an enhanced rerelease and its only on switch I'd be pretty pissed. I own a switch and would still play it, but I dont like the switch and I don't like handhelds. I'd really want it on PC, but since Atlus is absurdly stubborn about PC I'd at least want to play through any enhancements via a PS4 version.

If they did a straight port to switch, easy pass.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The 'I hope it's for switch!' posts in that Atlus announcement thread are going to drive me to drink.
it's devolved into a port-begging mess, no one's even talking about what they want from an enhanced version

anyways i'm hoping for an akechi confidant, balance changes to ultimate weapons, some more locations to travel to like harajuku, being able to skip the tutorial in NG+, return of fusion spells and customizable difficulties just like P4G

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Harajuku was already in vanilla P5. Or do you mean an explorable version rather than just a location spot to take confidants to?

Oct 25, 2017
All we gotta do is wait a few days for the Dark Sun special, and if nothing happens then we can all just forget about it and then be surprised if something does happen in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
Would laugh if P5R is just the website for the concerts, seeing as they're the one thing that's supposed to be announced this weekend.

I mean it doesn't really make sense for it to be for that (P5 specific, concerts normally just on subdomains, registered too far in advance), but would be funny if it was.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Would laugh if P5R is just the website for the concerts, seeing as they're the one thing that's supposed to be announced this weekend.

I mean it doesn't really make sense for it to be for that (P5 specific, concerts normally just on subdomains, registered too far in advance), but would be funny if it was.

I want it to be P5 Racing, no joke. Morgana car form. Etc. Just the biggest troll job ever.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is the last day in P3 FES:
The end of Jan? I'm at New Years Eve now. I'm level 77 and my party are all level 70 except Aigis who is 67

I don't have any of the max level personas yet but will probably try and get some before the end boss. Can I just find a guide of what floors to get them from etc?

OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is the last day in P3 FES:
The end of Jan? I'm at New Years Eve now. I'm level 77 and my party are all level 70 except Aigis who is 67

I don't have any of the max level personas yet but will probably try and get some before the end boss. Can I just find a guide of what floors to get them from etc?

Yes.

It's been awhile since I've played, so I can't really help you with getting the max level Personas, but your levels are about the right level to finish the final boss. The boss itself is level 76, and you wanna be within five levels.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is there a decent resource anywhere online that tells you where you can get each persona from in P3 FES?

I'm trying to make some of the more powerful ones and I'm getting stuck at every persona not in my compendium

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't get old to you to see any remotely major announcement to get deluged in 'golly gee I hope it's for switch' posts?
It honestly doesn't. I usually go "yeah I'd like a Switch version" then move on.

I've got both a Switch and PS4 so I was always good, but not everyone has that luxury so if they only have a Switch I can understand the desire to have it on there. Yeah plenty of people can be annoying about it but there's people who are annoying already. Just more people to not pay attention to.

If it was Switch exclusive anyway I'd fully expect a bunch PlayStation fans acting pissy instead.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
It honestly doesn't. I usually go "yeah I'd like a Switch version" then move on.

I've got both a Switch and PS4 so I was always good, but not everyone has that luxury so if they only have a Switch I can understand the desire to have it on there. Yeah plenty of people can be annoying about it but there's people who are annoying already. Just more people to not pay attention to.

If it was Switch exclusive anyway I'd fully expect a bunch PlayStation fans acting pissy instead.
Playstation fans aren't a TENTH as crazed as switch fans. Jesus, they want everything.

Oct 25, 2017
Every single SMT V or tangentially related thread without fail is dominated by PS4 portbegging. Don't pretend any one party is worse than any others.