• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Call the new Super Live "Welcome to Q-Street Theater"

Don't put FeMC on the poster

Don't have Mayumi Fujita performing

P3P still can't catch a break lmao

Oct 25, 2017

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
She performed for the Dancing game's launch of all things but not and of the Q2 tie in stuff.

I'm honestly really surprised - I'd figured they were going to finally bring her in for this concert and also use it to put out some FeMC merchandise/etc. I wonder if she just didn't want to participate for whatever reason.

Then again, trying to balance your track list across 5 different vocalists probably isn't a lot of fun either, and Fujita really only has three or four songs associated with her anyway. Still pretty disappointed though; I'd rather have her do a song or two than yet another Memories of You or Lotus Juice remix-that's-barely-the-same-song.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
A remaster......of a game already on that system......come on now

P5 on PS4 was just a higher-res version of the PS3 version AFAIK, so if they wanted to they could use a re-release to punch things up more than the PS3 would have let them. But P5 looks pretty good for the most part, so I don't think that's really necessary.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A remaster......of a game already on that system......come on now
You know what they mean.
e577251c-fea8-4e52-b23b-8ec0d10edae7_1.0108727d2d123892778f666ce5ed9ecd.jpeg

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
2 generations ago, sure, stuff like that was....well, not fine, but more common.

But now, when DLC is a thing? Releasing the same game on the same console but with a couple new, minor, probably unimportant additions?

Not happening

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of feel like pointing out that Persona 3 FES came out 12 years ago, and was the last time Atlus rereleased something on the same platform. (No I'm not counting Nocturne Raidou edition that was an LE packin bonus). Not to say that they'd never do something like that again, but it was a long time ago and they're not even the same company any more.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
2 generations ago, sure, stuff like that was....well, not fine, but more common.

But now, when DLC is a thing? Releasing the same game on the same console but with a couple new, minor, probably unimportant additions?

Not happening
I kind of feel like pointing out that Persona 3 FES came out 12 years ago, and was the last time Atlus rereleased something on the same platform. (No I'm not counting Nocturne Raidou edition that was an LE packin bonus). Not to say that they'd never do something like that again, but it was a long time ago and they're not even the same company any more.

Ok fair, I'll adjust to say there will be more Persona games on playstation platforms under the P5R project then.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
I wouldn't call the stuff FES added minor but ok.

So what do you think it is exactly?
Minor in terms of scope? Sure, I'll concede to that. But given how little The Answer is discussed, and hell, how few people actually bother to play it (to the point of the majority of people I see saying it's not worth playing at all), I'd call it minor in terms of it's actual impact.

And what do I think P5R is? I dont know!
If this was 2011 and someone asked me what P4U was, I wouldnt have guessed a fighting game. P5R could be a Survival Horror game for all we know! Persona 5 The Real Undead Avoidance Probability ft Dante from the Devil May Cry Series!

Oct 25, 2017
Minor in terms of scope? Sure, I'll concede to that. But given how little The Answer is discussed, and hell, how few people actually bother to play it (to the point of the majority of people I see saying it's not worth playing at all), I'd call it minor in terms of it's actual impact.

If this was 2011 and someone asked me what P4U was, I wouldnt have guessed a fighting game. P5R could be a Survival Horror game for all we know! Persona 5 The Real Undead Avoidance Probability ft Dante from the Devil May Cry Series!

PQ2 had a no horror rule to avoid overlap with the real horror game.

Now it all makes sense.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought the Switch exclusivity theories had any merit but I'm glad to get confirmation that it will be on PS4 as well since that's the console I own.

As for the concert, despite the poster I'm still hoping that Mayumi Fujita will be in it, this is the first post-PQ2 concert so it will obviously be a big focus, they brought her back for the game, why wouldn't she be at the show? (unless she can't or doesn't want to of course)

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
As for the concert, despite the poster I'm still hoping that Mayumi Fujita will be in it, this is the first post-PQ2 concert so it will obviously be a big focus, they brought her back for the game, why wouldn't she be at the show? (unless she can't or doesn't want to of course)

The cast list still has "and more", so it's possible they're waiting to announce her and P3P/PQ2 stuff with the full tracklist... But I kinda doubt it. The last concert had the "and more" and it turned out that just referred to the band members.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you said minor it was in the context of the content. Not some fans who didn't like it so it doesn't count for some dumb reason.

But whatever. I'll see you when the enhanced version is announced.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
I never thought the Switch exclusivity theories had any merit but I'm glad to get confirmation that it will be on PS4 as well since that's the console I own.

Not that this is indicitve of anything, but she's not listed in the "Artists" section of the ticket website, but all the others (and Meguro) are

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

A lot of people, myself included, go to the bat for The Answer. It's a lot of fun, and viciously challenging.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
What little I caught of the anime while waiting for that announcement made it seem like I made the right call skipping the anime.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what was so terrible about the OVA?

I really haven't hated what(admittedly little) of the anime I've seen so far.

Oct 25, 2017

Didn't have enough time to cover everything without really rushing basically

Needed too long on explaining the trick to Joker's survival then had to rush through Shido's palace. The action was never especially good, but the Shido fight in particular was just really bad. They tried to include all the game elements, but if they just didn't have the time for them properly, so you have two seconds of mice, and rushing through all of Shido's forms.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK

Shit visually, rushed as fuck, weird spot to end in, awful battle sections, entirety of the palace was essentially montages.

Also, if there is an "enhanced" version of the game, on other consoles (switch/pc/xbone(lol)) then additions would be fine, but on the same console as its original release? Nah.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Needed too long on explaining the trick to Joker's survival then had to rush through Shido's palace. The action was never especially good, but the Shido fight in particular was just really bad. They tried to include all the game elements, but if they just didn't have the time for them properly, so you have two seconds of mice, and rushing through all of Shido's forms.
Shit visually, rushed as fuck, weird spot to end in, awful battle sections, entirety of the palace was essentially montages.

Also, if there is an "enhanced" version of the game, on other consoles (switch/pc/xbone(lol)) then additions would be fine, but on the same console as its original release? Nah.
Disappointing but I'll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

They really should have just ordered like one more 13 episode season.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017

As expected considering how much it had to cover. Shame.
Why did they decide to put the last third of the game into a 1 hour OVA anyway?

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
As expected considering how much it had to cover. Shame.
Why did they decide to put the last third of the game into a 1 hour OVA anyway?
It's not even the last third, there's still another OVA in March covering the rest.
Persona 4 Anime's pacing seems fucking GLACIAL compared to P5. P4 fit a 60 hour game into 25 episodes, P5 fit a 100+ hour game into essentially 28.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
It's not even the last third, there's still another OVA in March covering the rest.
Persona 4 Anime's pacing seems fucking GLACIAL compared to P5. P4 fit a 60 hour game into 25 episodes, P5 fit a 100+ hour game into essentially 28.

Oh right, there's still another one.

Anyway, my current playthrough of P1 made me realize that the game is very underrated.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
There are certainly a few who hold P1 in high regard. I actually need to revisit it myself and get the actual true ending, and also go through the SQQ. But man is it too rough for me now.

I used to feel the same way but this playthrough changed my mind, I decided to revisit the game because I felt I didn't give it a fair chance and I was right.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
The story is total nonsense in 1, I'm sure the translation doesn't help but I can't see it being great even in Japanese

The story is fine, but I suppose it can't hold a candle to modern Persona's "let's constantly repeat the same plot points over and over and over even though very little has actually happened in the narrative"

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The story is fine, but I suppose it can't hold a candle to modern Persona's "let's constantly repeat the same plot points over and over and over even though very little has actually happened in the narrative"
No I much prefer missing important plot details because I didn't enter this one random classroom which has a character who'll be important to the plot later but is incredibly easy to miss.

The plot in Persona 1 is so poorly told it's legit hard to know just what the fuck is going on.

And yes modern Persona is still a lot better then it.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
No I much prefer missing important plot details because I didn't enter this one random classroom which has a character who'll be important to the plot later but is incredibly easy to miss.

The plot in Persona 1 is so poorly told it's legit hard to know just what the fuck is going on.

And yes modern Persona is still a lot better then it.

I don't remember much of the original but I'm playing the PSP version right now and the story isn't hard to follow at all, at least the Sebec route.
I really like the fact that it revolves around a party member that isn't the protagonist, it's refreshing.

I think all Persona games have good stories and I wish that at least in the community thread people didn't talk like you have to take a side between old and modern.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I don't remember much of the original but I'm playing the PSP version right now and the story isn't hard to follow at all, at least the Sebec route.
I really like the fact that it revolves around a party member that isn't the protagonist, it's refreshing.

I think all Persona games have good stories and I wish that at least in the community thread people didn't talk like you have to take a side between old and modern.
I agree with you there. I enjoyed P1's story, particularly the stuff involving Reiji and Kandori on the SEBEC route. I've been wanting to check out the manga as I've heard good things about that, but I haven't found the time for it yet. Maybe next week as I'm still off work.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
There are certainly a few who hold P1 in high regard. I actually need to revisit it myself and get the actual true ending, and also go through the SQQ. But man is it too rough for me now.
It has its charms. I don't think any would call it the best in the series, but it has a very strong storyline and remains very fresh in terms of being a modern-occult JRPG.

And the original OST is incredible.

I'd take anything posted by CI with a pile of salt since he's clearly got an axe to grind against classic Persona.