• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone here play P4 using an emulator? If so, how is it? Any major bugs? I no longer have a Vita, so I'm thinking this will be the best way to replay the game going forward.
If you have a PS3 you can still play P4 from the PSN store. But Emulated I've not heard of any majors issues with it.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, friends \o/
I just wanted to REALLY thank you guys for taking me in when the fallout happened. I really appreciate it and won't forget it!!

I've played Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden, Persona Q, and I'm in the middle of Persona 5 right now (just beat Futaba's dungeon). My favorite of the franchise is 3FES and I have also played SMT games (favorite of those is Nocturne)

Now let us begin a new era with celebrating the best Persona character ever<3
tumblr_nc8usoPXvR1qj957oo1_500.gif
marie-p4au-velvet-room-animation.gif

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone. Persona is awedome and so is this community. Good to see that most transitioned over here.

Regarding P6, not only do I hope there's a FeMC but I also hope she's the only MC so that Atlus can put all their focus and attention on her.
I also hope the MC is their own character and has their own lines and is an active part of discussions ( you can still have dialogue choices obviously, Geralt in The Witcher is what I'm thinking of as an example).

I know that's a lot of wishful thinking on my part though.

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, friends \o/
I just wanted to REALLY thank you guys for taking me in when the fallout happened. I really appreciate it and won't forget it!!

I've played Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden, Persona Q, and I'm in the middle of Persona 5 right now (just beat Futaba's dungeon). My favorite of the franchise is 3FES and I have also played SMT games (favorite of those is Nocturne)

Now let us begin a new era with celebrating the best Persona character ever<3
tumblr_nc8usoPXvR1qj957oo1_500.gif
marie-p4au-velvet-room-animation.gif
Say what you want about the character, she is still easy on the eyes.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Minako

Oct 25, 2017
I also hope the MC is their own character and has their own lines and is an active part of discussions
I liked how the protagonist of Persona 5 talked during cutscenes, even if it was never more than a sentence or two per scene. It made it feel like he was really there and part of the group compared to the protagonists in P3 and P4.

Repose

Oct 25, 2017
On non Marie related news, it was posted on the Discord but did you guys see the official Atlus favorite demons poll?
I hate Mara and Succubus got robbed HMPH

I was pretty surprised to see that Pixie wasn't in the top 10. I'm just glad Demonee-ho ranked as high as he did. He really should be #1 tho.
tumblr_nyu99h4Lz91s73ku9o1_500.jpg

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hell yeah! On my Top 5 favorite female characters of all time :>

I like you ^^

On non Marie related news, it was posted on the Discord but did you guys see the official Atlus favorite demons poll?
I hate Mara and Succubus got robbed HMPH
I'm bummed that Kikuri-Hime is only at 65. The top 10 was to be expected, although Decarabia surprised me. Don't know why it's so popular.

Speaking about someone very POPULAR...

I actually like Marie as well. Her poems are so bad it's endearing and I like her design. I only wish she was implemented better. I can understand why the developers didn't want to write her into the main story scenes (they'd basically have to rewrite everything), but I just don't buy the Scooby Gang going all "but we're your frieeeeeends, Marie!" after eating fsteak with her once and talking to her at Junes.

Dave1988

Oct 25, 2017
So, DeepSilver released the Mega Costume Bundle for EU players this week and it contains the Christmas Costumes Set. Only problem is, they haven't released the standalone version of the costume, which should be free. So, if European P5 players want the outfits, they have to pay through the nose for them. Kind of fucked up, no?

Minako

Oct 25, 2017
So, DeepSilver released the Mega Costume Bundle for EU players this week and it contains the Christmas Costumes Set. Only problem is, they haven't released the standalone version of the costume, which should be free. So, if European P5 players want the outfits, they have to pay through the nose for them. Kind of fucked up, no?
Deep Silver seems to be trying but the whole release of P5 (and Atlus games in general) seems to have been unfortunately messy in Europe compared to Japan and North America :(

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it was intentional, the p5 release in Europe has not gone all that smoothly so it isn't that surprising... Sadly

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda forgot that Dancing Moon/Star Night existed until just now. I can't wait for the new music, but I'm still bummed that LJ won't be doing anything for DSN. On a related note, his collab with Lyn in his new album is pretty good.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Hey everyone =) Not posted in communities much in the past but I love Persona and wanted to say hi and that without starting a war, I think Yosuke is by far the hottest single thing to ever come out of the SMT universe!!!

Other thought: I have only played to the end of the 1st dungeon of 5 and while it's good, I have not felt motivated to go back. What has happened to me? Does it ramp up or change after that? Should I keep going or is it maybe just not for me for whatever reason

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Hello people,

I didn't really talk about Persona before since I never finished an entry until P5 a few months ago. Now that I've actually finished one of them, I might pop up here on occasion.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
I don't think this is intentional, Deep Silver have been a decent publisher up to now in my eyes, this is more related to the European version of DLC not being consistent with the American/Japanese versions.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

I have not played 5 yet but would you say it's better than 3 or 4?
I had trouble getting into P3FES for gameplay reasons. Wanna say I stopped after the Emperor and Empress fight. I wasn't used to the calendar system, didn't care for Tartarus, didn't like party members getting sick, and wanted full party control. I know P3P changed a lot of that, but I don't have any way to play it.

When I finally started up P4 I enjoyed the combat system a lot more than P3's but had to stop after Shadow Yukiko because I was about to move. Preferred P3's vibe overall, though.

P5 was the first entry I finished, and I loved it. The pace felt a bit slow at times, but to be fair I can't remember much emphasis on a central plotline in P3's early months aside from the intro.

I'd like to get back to P4 eventually if I ever find the time, but part of me is holding out hope for an eventual P3 remaster/remake.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

P5 has the weakest story and themes imo, but it basically plays like a dream. It's hard to really give a definite answer because I've seen so many different feelings about the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good game, but if you've played 3 & 4, it's a little too safe of a game.

Last edited:

Minako

Oct 25, 2017
Was he in P4, besides the Animation or Ultimax?
He doesn't have any tracks in the proper P4 soundtrack either but I heard a rumor that a couple of the songs he did for the anime were originally supposed to be in the game. I dunno how true that is though. He did say on Twitter that they never even got in touch with him in regards to P5, however.

Macello

Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
He doesn't have any tracks in the proper P4 soundtrack either but I heard a rumor that a couple of the songs he did for the anime were originally supposed to be in the game. I dunno how true that is though. He did say on Twitter that they never even got in touch with him in regards to P5, however.
Exactly, he wasn't on the Persona 4 soundtrack but was in all of the Persona 4 spinoffs.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Nice banner.
I've stopped obsessing over which game I like more. All of them except P1 are pretty much in the same tier for me, with a gun to my head I might go with P4G but even though they all have different strenghts the fact that the quality is so consistent is pretty remarkable.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly after the replay of P3FES I did after finishing P5 earlier this year I think I can safely say without a doubt that P3FES is my absolute favorite game in the series. Perhaps even the genre.

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

In terms of style, presentation and design absolutely. Also all of the confidents/social links are well done (save maybe one or two, but thats based on personal opinon)

In terms of group dynamic, 4 has the best cast of friends

In terms of themes, 3 is the best

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

That's just a very subjective comparison, because a lot of the answers will probably come down to personal preference. In terms of raw accessibility and presentation then 5 is superior to both 3 and 4. But I have a soft spot for 4.

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
The new banner is so slick!

Good to be with you all here! Can't wait to dance the night away with Moon/Star Night hype!