• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad they bought Mayumi Fujita back for this game, hopefully she'll be at the next Persona Live in April. Shame they didn't include her in the OP though, maybe that would've been too many singer lol.
Yeah it's a shame she isn't in the OP but she is in Cinematic Tale along with Lyn, Yumi, and Shihoko:

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a shame she isn't in the OP but she is in Cinematic Tale along with Lyn, Yumi, and Shihoko:

Hadn't heard the ending theme yet, I've been so busy that I didn't have the time to look it up yesterday, thanks. A new song with Shihoko is always enough to make my week so that's a good way to start the day. Love the fact that we got a song with all 4 of them, they're all such great singers, gonna love watching them all on stage together singing this. Nice that the song is long, gives them all enough time to shine.

Oct 25, 2017
So, the PQ2 OST listing is probably the most spoilery thing out there so far, revealing the final bosses identity. They did that with P5 too, but I don't think it was quite the day of release.

Also interesting is a track called
The Tempest. Presumably after the play.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Hopefully I don't get spoiled on the main story but I need to know all the Unison Attacks :x

Last edited:

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
DtNUKqjXgAAw_dy.jpg:large

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Akihiko is left handed and I'm surprised I've never noticed that before. Being left handed myself it's something I usually notice about a character and it's a small detail I appreciate.
I know Akechi is left handed as well but are there any other Persona characters that are lefties?

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
DtNUKqjXgAAw_dy.jpg:large

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Akihiko is left handed and I'm surprised I've never noticed that before. Being left handed myself it's something I usually notice about a character and it's a small detail I appreciate.
I know Akechi is left handed as well but are there any other Persona characters that are lefties?
It's noticeable in P3 as well, he fights in a southpaw stance

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I'm glad to finally have confirmation of something.

Dancing is set after Persona 5 and Lavenza can split back into the Twins whenever she wants to.(How convenient for spin-offs!)

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
In P3 Fes when you move a social link far enough that it says "she may get upset if you see other girls" does that mean you have to halt progressing social links with other girls or risk reversing one?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this is almost comical.
So apparently they have a conversation about the date and they still refuse to say exactly when Persona 5 takes place just saying "not 2011."

Why won't they just admit it's 2016? They outright tell you Rise just turned 20.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mild PQ2 spoilers (if you can even call it that)

It's kind of great how Yosuke gets to showcase his character development

Oct 25, 2017
The P3/5D DLC situation really seems to be taking Atlus' Fuck Europe policy to new heights.

Being bundle only means that none of the free DLC Japan got is available for free here, including stuff that should have been in the base game in the first place, like the full versions of the OP's. It remains to be seen if any of it is free for America, we'll find out in a few hours, but at least some of it is available standalone there so it wouldn't surprise me, and a lot of the DLC in the bundle is worthless when there's full versions of the songs in the base games.

On top of that though, the Cinematic Pack, which is included with the NA bundle pack isn't listed as included in the pack that's up on PSN at the moment, which means we get 12 less tracks than NA, and going by the initial list that went up on their website, won't even be available until January.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
The DLC situation with P3/5D is extremely stupid, I don't want the vast majority of what's in the bundle so my option is buy a bunch of stuff that I don't want or skip out on content that I do want in games that are already lacking in content.

On the more positive side, I've been keeping myself in the dark on Persona stuff for a while so I'm only just hearing the Q2 battle themes and I'm now very excited to hear the rest of that soundtrack.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't added up how much I spent exactly on P3D/P5D JP song DLC yet but I know I needed more than one $100 recharge to accomplish it - and that was after also buying the Vita bundle to get the DLC code (the PS4 bundle came with P4D only, no DLC other than that) and picking up a code for the P5A TV-size OP off Yahoo Auctions...

At the very least, Amazon shipped my mispriced copy today, which helps after having already spent all that money.

Oct 25, 2017
It does work out a fair bit cheaper than Japan if you wanted all of it and ignoring lack of cross buy. Doing a quick count, everything in the song pack (so excluding character dances) in Japan came to €55 vs €25 for the song pack, although that's including the Cinematic Pack songs, and who knows what's going to happen with that in Europe.

The costume packs probably come out even worse for Japan, some of those were really expensive.

But it comes at the cost of none of the free stuff being free if you didn't want to buy everything.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I said this before somewhere, but I'm glad that P3D and P5D sold poorly in Japan (even though I think they're good games). A lot about those games seemed like Atlus was experimenting with something (splitting what should have been 1 game into 2, the DLC reaching extreme levels). The fans responded accordingly, and it showed them that they can't just have a game coast on the Persona brand alone; it has to actually be of good value, too. That's important for the future of the series.

Meanwhile, PQ2 looks like a great game with a lot of content, but it's going to do relatively poorly in terms of sales compared to PQ1 for different reasons. Well, it's all part of the learning process.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've heard good things about Q2 so I'm hoping it apparently not going so hot won't discourage them from continuing the series or experimenting with crossovers.

At the very least I still hope we get 5 Arena.

Oct 25, 2017
Unless they do something like BBTAG and make half the game DLC, I think a Xrd/DBZ quality P5U that's a decent upgrade from P4U/U2 would be pretty well received, and should avoid the issues P3/5D and PQ2 have had.

My maybe somewhat optimistic expectation for Super Live 2019 is P5U, a new spinoff (AG or R) that's something genuinely different, and a logo reveal for Persona 6 with no release window, platforms or otherwise meaningful footage.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless they do something like BBTAG and make half the game DLC, I think a Xrd/DBZ quality P5U that's a decent upgrade from P4U/U2 would be pretty well received, and should avoid the issues P3/5D and PQ2 have had.

My maybe somewhat optimistic expectation for Super Live 2019 is P5U, a new spinoff (AG or R) that's something genuinely different, and a logo reveal for Persona 6 with no release window, platforms or otherwise meaningful footage.
Similar to my thinking but I'm expecting 5 Crimson or a 3 Remake before hearing about 6.

Also odds of AG being a Akechi spin-off?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think this time around, P5U is indeed positioned to be the best selling spin-off among the fight/dungeon/dance trifecta. That is, if it delivers on the basic expectations people have for it based on P4U/P4U2, and Xrd/Fighterz.
Also odds of AG being a Akechi spin-off?
Possible, I suppose. either "Akechi Goro" or "Action Game" are likely, despite neither of them probably being what the actual game would be called.

I could see P5U, P5R, and P5AG all announced at once, with two of them releasing next year and another the year after. Otherwise, only two of them announced for 2019 release.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really excited for P5U now that Fighterz was able to finally get me to stick with a fighting game. Also a game in the Fighterz/Xrd style with the P5 aesthetic is something that I really want to see.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Someone asked in the old P5D OT and I actually went and did all the math on the US vs JP song DLC costs:

There's a season pass for 30 of the game's 36 DLC songs. It costs $25, vs. 9930 yen (approximately $88) for those same songs the way it was all released in Japan (no bundle whatsoever). Even knowing that some of those songs were released for free, it's still quite a difference in total cost.

The season pass doesn't list any of the six DLC songs with character animations. Some of these songs are packed in with the double pack in the US. The songs NOT listed in the season pass per Gematsu's list, that were all 1000 yen (approximately $9) each in JP:
  • A Way of Life -Deep inside my mind Remix- (Theodore)
  • Beneath the Mask (Lavenza)
  • Break Out Of ... (ATLUS Kitajoh Remix) (Sho)
  • 全ての人の魂の戦い (Shinjiro)
  • Today (Labrys)
  • Will Power (Akechi)

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sweet merciful fuck this poll is exhausting.

Anyway the results are in and after I double check everything I'll post the em. Should hopefully be in the next few hours.

If you follow the Persona threads here the top 5 shouldn't be to surprising but some characters did better then I thought they would to be honest.

Though I'll give you all some relief and spoil the fact that Akechi got the least points of any P5 character.

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhhhh it's really gonna suck that it'll sell bad :(

Just hoping for a localisation announcement sooner rather than later.

It's cool that a Persona game without the involvement of Hashino/Meguro/Soejima is being so well received, with them moving onto other things. Good sign for the future of the series. And other names starting to get more recognition, at least within the art team.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhhhh it's really gonna suck that it'll sell bad :(
It's not too bad. Better than P3D and P5D, at least. It's looking like FW sales are going to be around 80k-100k, so about 50% of what the original Persona Q did. Reports on sell-through were poor (40% for day 1), so it's relatively bad, but it will have probably done alright despite all that.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Just hoping for a localisation announcement sooner rather than later.

It's cool that a Persona game without the involvement of Hashino/Meguro/Soejima is being so well received, with them moving onto other things. Good sign for the future of the series. And other names starting to get more recognition, at least within the art team.
I heard they got a new team for the writing of Persona games/spin-offs too so I'm really glad to hear how well it's received overall! There seems to be a lot of love put in the game.
It's not too bad. Better than P3D and P5D, at least. It's looking like FW sales are going to be around 80k-100k, so about 50% of what the original Persona Q did. Reports on sell-through were poor (40% for day 1), so it's relatively bad, but it will have probably done alright despite all that.
Phew that's a relief to hear at least!

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard something about the boss of one of the dungeons in PQ2 that is really surprising (in a good way, based on the very little I've heard). If they really made changes on the writing team for the spin-offs for the better, that's great news.

Also, the OST's so good.

Oct 25, 2017
No dub is my biggest worry, but I think there's more chance of it getting one than SJ Redux or Nexus. They could even have recorded it at the same time as Dancing if they had the script by then.

A lot of the P5 voice actors are still very engaged with the franchise on social media, feel like they'd probably be disappointed if they weren't brought back too.