• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has its charms. I don't think any would call it the best in the series, but it has a very strong storyline and remains very fresh in terms of being a modern-occult JRPG.

And the original OST is incredible.

I'd take anything posted by CI with a pile of salt since he's clearly got an axe to grind against classic Persona.
Or maybe I just don't like those games?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyway to be less negative what would you guys like to see in these mysterious projects?

I'm honestly really interested in a Persona Action/shooting game.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ok so in P3 FES I'm at the top of the tower, I have 20 days till 31st Jan, I'm level 84 with level 75-78 party members, and I have 4 items that nullify charm

My best personas are level 73-84

I should be in pretty good shape to beat the game, right?

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
It has its charms. I don't think any would call it the best in the series, but it has a very strong storyline and remains very fresh in terms of being a modern-occult JRPG.

And the original OST is incredible.

The new OST is far from bad (these are actually some of my favorite tracks with Kawamura) but it's a shame they didn't allow us to choose between both in the remaster.
Otherwise playing the remaster is a must imo. The skip function makes fights super fast and dungeons can be navigated at lightning speed, menus and UI are brought up to modern standards and are very easy to read and navigate. The visual upgrade is nice (the new map looks great and the new cutscenes are nice as well) and the localization is now coherent with the other games. And of course SQQ is now included.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so in P3 FES I'm at the top of the tower, I have 20 days till 31st Jan, I'm level 84 with level 75-78 party members, and I have 4 items that nullify charm

My best personas are level 73-84

I should be in pretty good shape to beat the game, right?

Yes, enjoy the best jrpg final boss and ending

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does seem like Crazy Izanagi makes it a point to criticize the games every time they come up. It's just kind of beating a dead horse.

Oct 27, 2017
London
po7fp8i7io721.jpg

Found on the /r/Persona5 subreddit, eheheheheh

And have more Scruffy Turtles

Chie and Yang would get along REALLY well, I know it.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Going out with a Yang. I really want to commission Makoto or Haru vs Cinder next time Scruffy Turtles opens up. Got a Scruffy commission in the pipeline already with my Bloodborne huntress right now.

Still salty at Atlus for saying "lol wait till March" for actual P5R info.

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going out with a Yang. I really want to commission Makoto or Haru vs Cinder next time Scruffy Turtles opens up. Got a Scruffy commission in the pipeline already with my Bloodborne huntress right now.

Still salty at Atlus for saying "lol wait till March" for actual P5R info.
Sounds like fun.

And yeah I hate announcements for announcements.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've never watched the Giant Bomb P4 endurance run before despite liking both of these things, this is my favorite thing so far.

That's crazy. You should definitely watch it. It's what got me into watching Giant Bomb (after having listened to the podcasts for a while) and the Persona series. Waiting for a new episode to go up every day was a special time.

Next month will be the Endurance Run's 10th anniversary.

Aug 27, 2018
That's crazy. You should definitely watch it. It's what got me into watching Giant Bomb (after having listened to the podcasts for a while) and the Persona series. Waiting for a new episode to go up every day was a special time.

Next month will be the Endurance Run's 10th anniversary.
Oh wow, I'm definitely binge watching it. It's super funny, and even after having played through Persona 4 twice they are doing things I never ran in to in the game.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Or maybe... LARY BYRD JR?!?!?
It's so sad. Just that QL fully shows the potential a full run would have had. They're both cold on Persona 5, but that's because they didn't follow along with the characters and world for 100+ hours like they did with P4. They were laughing at that game initially, then grew to love it. Same would have happened with P5, for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
Why not just Devil Survivor 3 then?

Mostly because I don't care for the story and art in those games. I'd like a better team to take a stab at the genre and actually flesh out the mechanics of a tactics based thing with personas/demons. I don't necessarily hate the Survivor games but they're very specifically DS (i.e. handheld) games in form and function.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
It's so sad. Just that QL fully shows the potential a full run would have had. They're both cold on Persona 5, but that's because they didn't follow along with the characters and world for 100+ hours like they did with P4. They were laughing at that game initially, then grew to love it. Same would have happened with P5, for sure.

Totally, I know Sojiro would be a hit with them.

Aug 27, 2018
So I'm playing through Persona 3 for what is basically the first time, during my first playthrough I got 25 hours in and my hard drive died on my PS3. That being said, why is Ken the worst? Also, why does Ken exist?

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kawakami alone would have sustained them for like 4-5 episodes

Fortunately, there's a spiritual successor to the GiantBomb P4 run in the form of Joseph Anderson's stream of the game. It definitely goes places, as he starts out not really being all that knowledgeable about Persona or anime tropes and then ends up being sucked into it, to the point where his analysis videos constantly reference Persona 5.

Oct 25, 2017
I can also recommend CohhCarnage's stream. He starts out cringing at the opening and ends up getting taken completely by surprise.
Only real downside is he's playing on hard, so more than a few times he ends up just grinding his face against a wall.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So I'm playing through Persona 3 for what is basically the first time, during my first playthrough I got 25 hours in and my hard drive died on my PS3. That being said, why is Ken the worst? Also, why does Ken exist?

What happens when a PS3 HD dies?

I've had my PS3 since 2011 and still use it a lot, and I'm 104 hours into P3 Fes and I'm a few days from 31st Jan

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
God dammit!

I got to the final boss in P3 Fes, all was going well, I got to his final stage, and all was still going well

I have anti charm stuff equip so I'm not too worried, his final form is down to 5% life, then the MC becomes enraged, so I hit him twice, down to maybe 1% life, then his next move kills me and game over

If I wasn't enraged I would have healed and the next attack would have killed him

Bugger!

Is there anything you can do the break his annoying moonless phase?

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
God dammit!

I got to the final boss in P3 Fes, all was going well, I got to his final stage, and all was still going well

I have anti charm stuff equip so I'm not too worried, his final form is down to 5% life, then the MC becomes enraged, so I hit him twice, down to maybe 1% life, then his next move kills me and game over

If I wasn't enraged I would have healed and the next attack would have killed him

Bugger!

Is there anything you can do the break his annoying moonless phase?
WELCOME TO THE FINAL BOSS OF P3!

Also, nope, you cant. Just buff/heal your party

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember the first time I got to the end boss.

Made it all the way to the final phase.

Then Yukari got charmed.

I had to take a break after that.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I beat the boss but had to run so I've gone back to the dorm and saved

I'll do the ending or whats left later on today

Nearly shat myself when I saw there was another fight, but thankfully it was a fight you can't really lose

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I beat the boss but had to run so I've gone back to the dorm and saved

I'll do the ending or whats left later on today

Nearly shat myself when I saw there was another fight, but thankfully it was a fight you can't really lose

An update, I just saw the credits role

What a great game man, I think I might even prefer P3 to P4 (I've yet to play 5)

Ok so this FES post game content. Is it worth playing? How hard is it, and how long is it going to take?

I'm kind of interested in playing it now, but I keep hearing mixed things about it, and I've sunk 108 hours into P3 since September already

Is it worth playing?