• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I like the JP voice casts for Persona so this is fine with me, but definitely a bummer for dub fans. I've been on the other side of Only English dubs being included in JP games so I understand how this stings for a lot of people. Lines up with how they treated Strange Journey Redux, but really weird since every Persona game prior to this has basically had only dub outside of P4U and P5.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Not sure if this is old news or not, but the appearance of the FB LE is up:

61kwjWqW9tL._SL1000_.jpg

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we can forget about Mayumi Fujita being at PSL2019 unless they are holding her back for a last minute surprise. They announced the additional performers and it's just the dancers and DJ Waka.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
The hits keep coming with Q2. Given the contents of the premium edition it's not a huge loss to me but that doesn't make it less of a bummer.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, PQ2 was probably on the precipice of being a digital-only game in Europe, so it's not surprising.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's not a huge surprise. Even though we've had physical versions of all the recent Atlus 3DS games they don't seem to be putting many copies out so the odds of them doing a special edition would be pretty low.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Up to floor 3 of the Inaba Exhibit in Persona Q.

Yukari made Aigis delete all her puns. Nooooo!

She really is the worst. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Up to floor 3 of the Inaba Exhibit in Persona Q.

Yukari made Aigis delete all her puns. Nooooo!

She really is the worst. :(
Those puns were implanted into her by an evil nihilist with a lame sense of humour and is directly responsible for creating some of the worst characters in the series.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Planning to finally start P5 after I get done with Persona Q.

Excited to say the least. Q has really reinvigorated my hunger for SMT.

Going to do a neutral run of SMT IV (only ever finished chaos route) and buy Apocalypse while I'm at it.

Sep 14, 2018
Is it ever explained why Pharos hands you the contract for the Velvet Room? Like how did he even get it. I've run thru p3 so many times I sort of just accepted it.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
From a quick scan of Vic Mignogna's TV Tropes page, Todd Haberkorn is apparently the closest match in terms of voice range.

Never mind, bad choice on my part due to lack of info.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss something? I'm not plugged in on voice actor news.
Haberkorn outed himself as Pridemore's rapist shortly after Pridemore wrote her Vic story, even though she actually declined to name him for fear of it costing her professionally. He did so in a bizarre self-defense post that went up on Facebook twice claiming it was consentual sex, and attached screenshots of private messages with he had with Pridemore afterward as "proof". He has since deleted the post and seemed to try to walk it back, but what's out there is out there...

It's discussed starting here.

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, how are you doing?

I'm tempted to buy Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight for my Vita, so I was wondering if you guys think it's worth for the story, fanservice and character interactions. Not really a fan of dancing games but I love the P3 cast. But if it's just a dancing game with a P3 "skin" and music, I might pass.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, how are you doing?

I'm tempted to buy Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight for my Vita, so I was wondering if you guys think it's worth for the story, fanservice and character interactions. Not really a fan of dancing games but I love the P3 cast. But if it's just a dancing game with a P3 "skin" and music, I might pass.
The main bulk of the game is the dancing/music part. While the social scenes are great, you have to play a fair bit of the dancing game to unlock them. If you're not a fan of dancing games it might be better to check out the social scenes on YouTube.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Despite completing Persona 5 a month ago, I couldn't help myself and jumped straight into NG+. I'm really glad I did, because tearing up Kamoshida's Palace with endgame Personas is hilarious. I'm also doing it in English this time when I did it in Japanese before. Dub cast is very solid all around, although I must admit it's hard to replace Ikue Ohtani as Morgana in my heart. I'll probably feel the same with Shuichi Ikeda as Shido.

Nice thing about NG+ is I can play it at a casual pace too while working on other games, no need to binge a 100 hour JRPG in a month.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I feel like reception to Full Body is sadly luke warm at this board, so I guess I'll throw out a feeler here to see if anyone has OT suggestions or is interested in helping.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like reception to Full Body is sadly luke warm at this board, so I guess I'll throw out a feeler here to see if anyone has OT suggestions or is interested in helping.
I'm interested in the game but I'm trying keep myself spoiler free as I've never played the original so unfortunately I don't have much to add to conversations.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
You really should go play the original first. FB is making a ton of changes, and it's unclear if they're for the better or worse, but the original is an incredible game on every level.
I see. I didn't realise it was making a ton of changes. As there's no EU release date for FB yet, I'll see if I can pick up a copy of the original somewhere on PS3.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's natural that reception towards Full Body would be muted when the game has had no marketing or release date outside of Asia and when it's likely going to be released a long time from now. There's no reason to anticipate a title that 99% of the people in the community won't be importing.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
It's natural that reception towards Full Body would be muted when the game has had no marketing or release date outside of Asia and when it's likely going to be released a long time from now. There's no reason to anticipate a title that 99% of the people in the community won't be importing.

Indeed.
I love the original and can't wait for FB, but we don't even have a release date and I'm on media blackout anyway. I've already seen everything that is in the base game, no point spoiling the new stuff.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Man...that fourth dungeon boss in Q has an ungodly amount of HP but I think I finally managed to..

*uses endure and recovers half its huge health pool*

UZAhPJP.gif

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
There's barely even been Japanese marketing for Full Body recently.
Uh, there's been lots of it. I already posted about the glory of sheep-kun.

ESRgLE8.gif

The revamped multiplayer is reason alone to want to day 1 it. And like you said, we could be waiting forever for the US version.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a fair bit more than that. There's been an import scene here for games that don't even have multiplayer like Judge Eyes and P5.
Yeah, but this is the remake Full Body, and you're talking about multiplayer. The only person I've even heard talking about importing the game here has been you. There'd be more of a push for an import thread if it was like those who wanted to import Persona 5.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Yeah, but this is the remake Full Body, and you're talking about multiplayer. The only person I've even heard talking about importing the game here has been you. There'd be more of a push for an import thread if it was like those who wanted to import Persona 5.
We had a few who also day 1'd the PS3 version, if memory serves. Honestly I doubt I would have made it as far as I did in the competitive scene if not for importing the original. (I got second place in my first tournament, but after it blew up, I never got past top 8.)

I won't deny I got pretty lost during my raw playthrough of Catherine(I had NO CLUE what was going on during the Boss reveal, making my reaction a lot like Erika and Vincent's), but my Japanese has gotten a lot better, so I'm hoping I'll manage better this time.

I managed to get Katherine's Good ending, which was nice.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Started Persona Q last night, battle theme is alright but the rest of the music has been pretty lame so far for a Persona game... Went with P3 story because I prefer the characters, not sure how it works though, do I not get access to anyone from P4?

As always with this series the new characters in the spinoffs are horrible

I can't tell whether the voice actors are the same as the main game, Yukari, Mitsuru and Akihiko all sound very similar, but something's off with Junpei and Fuuka, Ken, Elizabeth sound like completely different people

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Started Persona Q last night, battle theme is alright but the rest of the music has been pretty lame so far for a Persona game... Went with P3 story because I prefer the characters, not sure how it works though, do I not get access to anyone from P4?

As always with this series the new characters in the spinoffs are horrible

I can't tell whether the voice actors are the same as the main game, Yukari, Mitsuru and Akihiko all sound very similar, but something's off with Junpei and Fuuka, Ken, Elizabeth sound like completely different people
You'll get access to the P4 characters a few hours into the game. I'm not sure what the exact differences between the routes are outside of the opposite Protagonist having their lines voiced.

Fuuka and Ken have different VAs from P3 (Wendee Lee and Cindy Robinson do Fuuka and Ken for all of the spin-offs). Junpei and Elizabeth have their regular VAs. I think Theo and Margaret are the only other VA changes.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I went and made a thread about it if you wanna discuss more outside this place.

I'll say I certainly didn't see that coming.(insert P5 meme here)