• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So...apparently Capcom's EU merch store is now suspiciously selling Persona 5- themed merch.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Persona5/comments/avgzrk/persona_5_merch_on_the_capcom_store/

Was here but now pulled down:
https://store.capcom-europe.com/games/persona/

So...mixup from a shared store provider? Possible preview of Persona characters showing up in DMCV or as a Monster Hunter World sidequest? Rival Schools vs. Persona confirmed?
I'm not seeing Persona stuff?

Mabufudyne

Oct 27, 2017
Here I thought Akechi's character couldn't get any worse but now it turns out his very presence might have robbed us of more Sae.

Reminder: Don't take bullshit speculation as fact. The people who've been digging their fingers in the digital guts of this game have yet to find anything in the way of leftover dialogue or scripts that might point to anything regarding Sae events that TiredGamer brings up.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Today is 3/5
latest

Oct 27, 2017
tfw you play P3D and realise it doesn't have either version of Changing Seasons.

...feels bad man.

Also what's with them going so hard on the scratches and the hold notes starting and finishing on different lengths on normal? I feel like the difficulty scaling needs some adjustment.

I can "King Crazy" all the base tracks, but anything beyond Easy has me trying to watch the screen like:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the second floor of group date dungeon in PQ and the difficulty's feeling too high even on normal, the enemies hit really hard but there's almost no defensive options like in Etrian games... The upgraded spells like agilao and bufula are too high on sp as well, which would be fine if they didn't automatically replace the old ones

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
tfw you play P3D and realise it doesn't have either version of Changing Seasons.

...feels bad man.

Also what's with them going so hard on the scratches and the hold notes starting and finishing on different lengths on normal? I feel like the difficulty scaling needs some adjustment.

I can "King Crazy" all the base tracks, but anything beyond Easy has me trying to watch the screen like:
giphy.gif
It takes a little bit to get used to looking at the how the notes move across the screen but I personally felt the difficulty scaling was fine.

For scratch notes I'd recommend using the L/R buttons instead of the touchpad/sticks. That allows you to keep your thumbs in range of the main buttons instead of jumping back and forth between notes (they do use a lot of scratch notes in P3/5D)
It takes a bit of practice for the hold notes but you'll get used to how they work on normal.

Oct 27, 2017
I was already using the triggers (I'd learned that lesson back from P4D on vita)... anyways I already unlocked everything and P5D so I'll leave them both for a while and come back to them after DMCV.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
call me old fashioned, but i wish the persona 5 expanded universe stuff was being announced on a tuesday instead of a saturday

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017

Saw the Morgana with the parachute artwork and my mind immediately went to Persona Battle Royale...

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
On a scale of 1 to Persona-5-release-date, how disappointed would you be if the announced game is not a remake/expansion like fes and Golden but something else entirely?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On a scale of 1 to Persona-5-release-date, how disappointed would you be if the announced game is not a remake/expansion like fes and Golden but something else entirely?
Depends on what it is really. If it's something like Q I'd be a little disappointed. I'd still want it though.

I do want that enhanced version still.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'd be significantly more interested in something new. I don't expect my issues with P5 to be addressed in an expanded version so the idea of one isn't really exciting to me.

Although I mainly just want a new Arena game at this point.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
P5R = Persona 5 + Rabbids, where the Phantom Thieves and Rabbid versions of themselves fight in turn-based combat against Rabbid-ized versions of P5's shadows.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
there were four screens on the promo right, so let's assume there are four projects. one is obvi a switch port and one is obvi a fighting game, so that leaves two mystery projects. they've already done the dancing game, anime, and pq2, so we can rule those out.

worst, but most likely case scenario is that one is a Joker Smash Gameplay Reveal + Shadow Drop and the other is some kind of mobile game. (and while a lot of people would be hyped for a Joker Smash Gameplay Reveal + Shadow Drop, it's also, like, not really taking the Persona 5 franchise into a new and interesting direction)

Oct 25, 2017
there were four screens on the promo right, so let's assume there are four projects. one is obvi a switch port and one is obvi a fighting game, so that leaves two mystery projects. they've already done the dancing game, anime, and pq2, so we can rule those out.

worst, but most likely case scenario is that one is a Joker Smash Gameplay Reveal + Shadow Drop and the other is some kind of mobile game. (and while a lot of people would be hyped for a Joker Smash Gameplay Reveal + Shadow Drop, it's also, like, not really taking the Persona 5 franchise into a new and interesting direction)
Not gonna lie, a persona-specific mobile game is far more likely to keep me around than Dx2.

Oct 25, 2017
PQ2 isn't getting a Switch port at least before next gen Etrian Odyssey has established itself.

And even if they did do hypothetical Etrian VI Untold style remakes, PQ2 would be behind PQ1 in the queue.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
I'd actually be super disappointed as I generally don't give a flying eff about persona spinoffs. But I want an enhanced version that doesn't just add more stuff but also fixes some of P5's issues so I'm probably gonna be disappointed either way.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if there ever was a P5 FeMC what would you name them?

I'd probabaly go with Rei Amamiya because I'm uncreative and boring.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
So if there ever was a P5 FeMC what would you name them?

I'd probabaly go with Rei Amamiya because I'm uncreative and boring.
That's a good question.
The first name that pops into my head is Ruki Amamiya. Ruki is the name of one my favourite Digimon characters and I would like to have the same initials for both MCs.