• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
P3 is one of those games where you will more than likely hate one of the cast.
For some, it's Yukari, some Ken, others Fuuka.
For me, it's Akihiko after I mellowed on Aigis.
I can kinda see that.
Personally the P3 cast is my favourite and I like all of them/love most of them. Ken is probably my least favourite in the group, but I still really like what they did with his character.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Hate is a very strong word, the only characters that might be approaching that for me are Lisa in 2 and Rise

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
See, for me I hate Ultimax!Yukari because there's basically nothing remarkable about her. I just see a sentai gimmick.
I really like Ulitmax Yukari. Sure she isn't as interesting as she is in P3, but I thought it was really cool how she was trying to give children a role model to look up to and bring joy to their lives to help people stop wishing for the Fall. Her epilogue has some really nice moments between her and Mitsuru, and Aigis' epilogue has some nice moments between her and Yukari.

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Ulitmax Yukari. Sure she isn't as interesting as she is in P3, but I thought it was really cool how she was trying to give children a role model to look up to and bring joy to their lives to help people stop wishing for the Fall.
See, that's what I had figured out the second the design was shown.
Now those were the days, being hyped for Ultimax' story...

OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wrote up a pretty in depth thread on Twitter explaining why The Answer doesn't ruin Yukari's character if anyone is interested in reading it. It took a lot of work writing it up so I'll appreciate it if anyone does check it out!

This is good. This is real good. You probably understand Yukari the best out of anyone I've seen.

(Also this just reaffirms how amazing of a game Persona 3 is in my eyes, tbh. I may be biased, but I just love the little details in it.)

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
This is good. This is real good. You probably understand Yukari the best out of anyone I've seen.

(Also this just reaffirms how amazing of a game Persona 3 is in my eyes, tbh. I may be biased, but I just love the little details in it.)
Thank you so much! Hearing that means a lot to me!

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Yukari is great, probably one of the best characters in the 3-5 trilogy in terms of writing and development.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Random question, but figured I'd ask here as opposed to googling as I've never played either and want to avoid unintentionally walking right into spoilers:

With the Persona 2s on PSP, I recall there being... some sort of link thing announced or something? So essentially my question is, is that actually something significant enough that I should bother buying both in Japanese rather than just the latter? I mean, I can play both in Japanese just fine and get everything, it'd just be slightly more convenient to do the one with the English release if I don't need to worry about that.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Random question, but figured I'd ask here as opposed to googling as I've never played either and want to avoid unintentionally walking right into spoilers:

With the Persona 2s on PSP, I recall there being... some sort of link thing announced or something? So essentially my question is, is that actually something significant enough that I should bother buying both in Japanese rather than just the latter? I mean, I can play both in Japanese just fine and get everything, it'd just be slightly more convenient to do the one with the English release if I don't need to worry about that.
Eternal Punishment on PSP never got a localised release, so if you want to play both portable, then JP is the only way to go

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Eternal Punishment on PSP never got a localised release, so if you want to play both portable, then JP is the only way to go
Hmm, actually, looking at the PS store, apparently I already own the US Innocent Sin PSP release and the PS1 classic for Eternal Punishment. Are the PSP remakes enough of an upgrade that it's worth shelling out 30 some dollars for EP at least, or not really? (I read there's like, some added side content? But I'm not usually the sort to bother with that sort of stuff unless it's especially well made, anyway.)

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
gQlu9UG.png

big shoutout to todrick hall for giving us seven sisters high looks

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017

The guy is posting artbook stuff so beware of story spoilers
D2_xChsX0AAYsMU.jpg:large

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway if y'all aren't following The News, Persona 5 for Nintendo Switch is listed in the Best Buy employee database, so like the thing we all expected to happen is happening and hopefully every Persona-related thread won't be filled with people asking for it to be ported to the Switch.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
pssst have the persona dancing games come down to a not shit-tier price yet

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Playing through female route in P3P and the tracks that have been changed are all much worse than the originals... I guess the school music is alright

The town/mall music in particular is a million times worse than when the moons reaching out stars

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I did NOT just hear you talk shit about Danger Zone......

I might be, I can't check what that one is at work :P Also the epicness of the Persona awakening section is completely lost in the portable version

On a similar note the music in Persona Q is kind of meh, the battle, boss and FOE themes are all good, but the rest of them not so much...

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
p3p has some of my fave tracks, i love Sun (though you are right Stars is better). But the best track is definitely Wiping All Out, did it get a second verse in Persona 3 Dance or PQ2?

from Q apart from those you mentioned (which are righteous) I really liked Corn Dog, Cultural Festival and Bonfire/ Looming Danger
The P3D remix of Wiping All Out doesn't add a second verse unfortunately, don't know about PQ2.

Wiping All Out is definitely the best FeMC route song, though I love Sun, Time, Danger Zone and Way of Life too.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So in my random observation for today.

Playing Dancing in Starlight and Ann doesn't mind the Corset outfit from the Last Surprise music video.

But she hates the Majima Yakuza outfit.

I don't know why but that amuses me.

Oct 25, 2017
So in my random observation for today.

Playing Dancing in Starlight and Ann doesn't mind the Corset outfit from the Last Surprise music video.

But she hates the Majima Yakuza outfit.

I don't know why but that amuses me.
I remember a conversation in P4G where Yukiko asks Kanji if it would be a good idea for her to dye her hair blonde. Kanji tells her people would assume she was a yakuza for sure.

Makes me wonder if part of the rumours about Ann included her being tied to the yakuza, which would make it a soft spot.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember a conversation in P4G where Yukiko asks Kanji if it would be a good idea for her to dye her hair blonde. Kanji tells her people would assume she was a yakuza for sure.

Makes me wonder if part of the rumours about Ann included her being tied to the yakuza, which would make it a soft spot.
That's actually a good point. I forgot blonde hair was also associated with delinquency in Japan.

I actually really like how the costume preferences can reflect on their character in these games.

Kanji hates the stereotypical punk outfit and Teddie doesn't like the General Teddie costume.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
FeMC ost is awesome. Time, Wiping All Out, Way of Life, Danger Zone... Such a shame they never performed Danger Zone live.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't like the portable version, it feels like you're missing out on half the game... Only doing it for the female route

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
P3P isn't missing anything unless you consider the 3D overworld and animated cutscenes to be "half the game."

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The anime cutscenes I can live without, but moving a cursor around low quality pictures isn't the same as actually running around the areas and seeing the 3d character models during conversations to me

But then the portability isn't a bonus to me like it is for a lot of people

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
anyway even though it hasn't been posted here and i assume y'all have all heard it, joker steals the show in Smash Ultimate, featuring music from hit PS2 games, Persona 3 and Persona 4.

boy i tell ya, $6.99 goes A Lot farther on Nintendo game DLC than it does on Atlus game DLC.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot how rough P3 was on hard, I'm only on like floor 15 and bothtrance twins and beetles can one shot Yukari.. You would have to be insane to play it on the difficulty above that

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Seeing Joker gameplay in Smash Ultimate is cool.

Some moves I've never seen in the original RPG makes him like stylish action game.

Kinda wish it was realized; new spin-off action+Persona summoning like that.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Been wondering about this recently, when can we expect a Reincarnation ost for P5? Been a while since the game released in Japan (2 years already?) and so far all we got were the Dancing remixes, and I would be very disappointed if that's supposed to be the replacement for Reincarnation albums from now on. When did P3 and 4 get theirs?

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing the Snow Queen Quest for the first time, just beat the nemesis tower, fortunately I managed it on my first attempt. Not using a guide is screwing me over though. In the hypnos tower I pinched the girl and got my ass kicked by the boss. I also just realized that I missed most mirror shards which means I'll get the bad ending. Not really a problem like it was back when the game originally released, now you just watch the other ending on YouTube.
I also had no idea that the nemesis tower gets bigger and the boss stronger the more time you spend in it, fortunately I ended up with less than 20 minutes of walking around.

Thanatos sounds like a nightmare but up until now it has been a lot easier than I expected so we'll see.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I'm playing the Snow Queen Quest for the first time, just beat the nemesis tower, fortunately I managed it on my first attempt. Not using a guide is screwing me over though. In the hypnos tower I pinched the girl and got my ass kicked by the boss. I also just realized that I missed most mirror shards which means I'll get the bad ending. Not really a problem like it was back when the game originally released, now you just watch the other ending on YouTube.
I also had no idea that the nemesis tower gets bigger and the boss stronger the more time you spend in it, fortunately I ended up with less than 20 minutes of walking around.

Thanatos sounds like a nightmare but up until now it has been a lot easier than I expected so we'll see.
There's mobs that can easily one-shot your party. Fortunately you can save scum your way through it by using backing up the data on the card via USB.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving finding all the Persona 5 content people have created in Smash.

There's a crapton of Shido Mii's and some good interpretations of the Palaces.

Plus some stages based on the Holy Grail.