• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In case you're wondering, Persona 3's FeMC was officially given the name Minako Arisato.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In case you're wondering, Persona 3's FeMC was officially given the name Minako Arisato.

Not sure how much stock I'd put into this mobile game, the Persona 5 section has Joker and Ren Amamiya as separate characters. I doubt the developers got in contact with Atlus.

But still it's probably the closest we'll get.

Oct 25, 2017
Picking up my (vanilla) game of Persona 4 again and I'm in early August. What should I be doing until the next story beat? I only get 'the investigation is ongoing' stuff but it's a rainy day tomorrow.

In the past I attempted to get high level personas that helped with SP regen and also did the fox quests, but abandoned those tasks.

Oct 25, 2017
Picking up my (vanilla) game of Persona 4 again and I'm in early August. What should I be doing until the next story beat? I only get 'the investigation is ongoing' stuff but it's a rainy day tomorrow.

In the past I attempted to get high level personas that helped with SP regen and also did the fox quests, but abandoned those tasks.
Go to the restaurant and get the rainy day special to boost a number of stats.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
For anyone who wants to catch the concert on a stream, nicovideo has both days of the concert with livestreams.
You'll get access to it by paying for a month of premium on the site, which can be done through paypal, just under £4 or around $5. Don't forget to cancel it after a month though.
Doesn't appear to be region locked considering I've got it bookmarked/timeshifted on the site.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
For anyone who wants to catch the concert on a stream, nicovideo has both days of the concert with livestreams.
You'll get access to it by paying for a month of premium on the site, which can be done through paypal, just under £4 or around $5. Don't forget to cancel it after a month though.
Doesn't appear to be region locked considering I've got it bookmarked/timeshifted on the site.
The Japanese Persona twitter page is also hosting a livestream via periscope

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Is Persona 3 Dancing worth getting?
I'd say so. I think it's the best spin-off when it comes to fanservice, a lot of the other spin-off titles reduce the characters to a single trait which makes a lot of their interactions fall flat. P3D largely manages to present the cast the same way they were presented in 3 and has some good interactions between everyone.

The main concern for a lot of people was that it was light on content for the $60 asking price. Which shouldn't be too much of an issue at this point since it should be cheaper these days.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I'm so pissed Amazon.jp won't let me preorder this. 😬 It's not eligible for shipping to the US.

I'm like Will Smith in Fresh Prince. Why don't Amazon want my money, man. :(

I'm not sure where else to import games at. I've always used Amazon relatively pain free. You can even preorder stuff like Fire Emblem Three Houses and it'll ship here. Maybe Atlus is just being bad as usual.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
So The Royal thread has gone to shit I want to dump some thoughts here.

• I think a major part of the expanded game will be the Holy Grail tempting Joker with a perfect ending that doesn't actual free anyone, sorta like the special ending to P4A. Hence him around in the spring, Wakkaba being alive, Morgana as a human, etc. I think this is one of the ways Joker rebels
  • I don't think Akechi gets redeemed at all.
  • Lunch is back! Yay!
  • Noticing lots of gym uniforms, maybe after school events are back?
  • Lots of new scenes makes me hopeful they've replaced the homophobic content

Everything looks great, especially the new dungeon stuff. I wonder how much of this is cut content from the original game and how much is new ideas.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So The Royal thread has gone to shit I want to dump some thoughts here.

• I think a major part of the expanded game will be the Holy Grail tempting Joker with a perfect ending that doesn't actual free anyone, sorta like the special ending to P4A. Hence him around in the spring, Wakkaba being alive, Morgana as a human, etc. I think this is one of the ways Joker rebels
  • I don't think Akechi gets redeemed at all.
  • Lunch is back! Yay!
  • Noticing lots of gym uniforms, maybe after school events are back?
  • Lots of new scenes makes me hopeful they've replaced the homophobic content

Everything looks great, especially the new dungeon stuff. I wonder how much of this is cut content from the original game and how much is new ideas.
I don't think it's a dream. This wouldn't be the first time a Persona enhanced version made the story happier for some characters.

Also Akechi is 100% getting redeemed. The original game already gave him a heroic sacrifice no way they don't capitalize on his popularity.

Agree on hoping they get rid of the homophobic junk.

All the new stuff looks awesome I'm sad we have to wait so long to get it.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's a dream. This wouldn't be the first time a Persona enhanced version made the story happier for some characters.
P5R could involve some reality bending narrative points. The female voice at the beginning as Joker stares into a screen talks about stealing a dream, and the PV has a bunch of glitch effects throughout it (like during the logo build at the end).

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
P5R could involve some reality bending narrative points. The female voice at the beginning as Joker stares into a screen talks about stealing a dream, and the PV has a bunch of glitch effects throughout it (like during the logo build at the end).

Yeah very Spider-verse esque. The game focuses on perception and original gameplay design concepts involved more trippy elements. There's some scenes like Joker falling that make me think there's something to this.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Things like
human Morgana would fit "dream." Also the box art straight up has Akechi doing an evil smirk.
On the other hand.
Black mask Akechi? Looks like his outfit.
D47mKt9WsAI2BOG.jpg
From the other thread.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm not the only one that noticed the new character sprites, right?

D47K_v_XoAAXDLC.jpg

B5hh10V.png

To compare, here are the ones from the base game

persona_5_seven_minutes_in_heaven___makoto_by_vampiregodesnyx-dbxiq0s.png

3ff94ebefdf496f336952abd7961fa7e.png

Oct 25, 2017
So if the new 3 months are whilst
Joker is is prison, it could be sort of dream scenario or a bait and switch with a different protagonist.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I hoped the Royal announcement might be a bit less negative than the usual P5 threads on here but guess not

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so pissed Amazon.jp won't let me preorder this. 😬 It's not eligible for shipping to the US.

I'm like Will Smith in Fresh Prince. Why don't Amazon want my money, man. :(

I'm not sure where else to import games at. I've always used Amazon relatively pain free. You can even preorder stuff like Fire Emblem Three Houses and it'll ship here. Maybe Atlus is just being bad as usual.
Give it a few days and check back. Sometimes they don't mark new listings as eligible for international shipping immediately.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not the only one that noticed the new character sprites, right?

D47K_v_XoAAXDLC.jpg

B5hh10V.png

To compare, here are the ones from the base game

persona_5_seven_minutes_in_heaven___makoto_by_vampiregodesnyx-dbxiq0s.png

3ff94ebefdf496f336952abd7961fa7e.png
I cannot wait for this whew.
I guess I can't complain too much about the wait. Persona Q2 releases later this year and I'll hopefully have Animal Crossing before the year ends.

Last edited:

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really happy we can do group events now. Playing darts and pool with the rest of the gang looks fun.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
The new portraits for Ryuji and Makoto were one of the main things that caught my eye in the trailer. Especially the Ryuji one due to how expressive it is, hope each character has a handful of new portraits like that.
Everyone coming together to get Joker out of jail I feel is too important to the story to be completely retconned out.

Still mad about the anime skipping that.
Wow, I'm surprised the anime just skipped that. All the confidants coming together is the thing that makes the ending since it ties into the games theme so much.

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of surprised Meguro is still the composer considering he hasn't been as involved with more recent spin offs.

I assume Soejima is much less involved in the art seeing as his name doesn't seem to be mentioned in the PR stuff.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I wonder if and how much they'll touch on the earlier/original part of the game. It can already take 100 hours to finish, I hope they won't just add even more content on top.