• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone's trying to piece together a version of take over from the trailers.

It's nice but I hope they release the full song before release.

Oct 25, 2017
I bet they do a mini concert at TGS with some Royal music. Might not do full versions though.

Probably get the full OP around then too, I think that's the kind of thing they've revealed at TGS before.

Oct 26, 2017
That's whats been reported but doesn't make much sense when you considering how much was added to P4G...
Honestly, maxing out all the confidants was very doable without a guide, I managed to get all but two finished and one of the two I didn't complete had one at Rank 9. If they are going to add an additional semester into the game (and presumably lessen some of the restrictions on days you couldn't go out in the original) then they need to add more than just two additional confidants if they don't want it to be a complete cakewalk to 100% confidants your first time through.

I'm also wondering if they plan to retool the Judgement in anyway, considering how in the original it jumps from Rank 6 to Rank 10 which felt very jarring my first time through.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly, maxing out all the confidants was very doable without a guide, I managed to get all but two finished and one of the two I didn't complete had one at Rank 9. If they are going to add an additional semester into the game (and presumably lessen some of the restrictions on days you couldn't go out in the original) then they need to add more than just two additional confidants if they don't want it to be a complete cakewalk to 100% confidants your first time through.

I'm also wondering if they plan to retool the Judgement in anyway, considering how in the original it jumps from Rank 6 to Rank 10 which felt very jarring my first time through.
I definitely felt confident going into P4G that I'd be able to max everything no problem, after all, they gave you a whole extra semester! However, I think I ran out of time for the Moon and Temperance ones, since that extra time isn't quite as much as you think.

However, going in Royal, unless they nerf her, we know how powerful Chihaya's perk is, which should help maxing out all the confidants in the first goaround.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haru trailer tomorrow.

It's showing what looks to be the Morgana Showtime but I'm hoping we see the wrestling one with Makoto too.

There's also going to be a livestream August 2.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
River City Girls is analogous to the aesthetic I want to see in Persona 6.

Would it also be set in a prison by any chance?

Nah jokes aside that'd be an interesting take but it could be pretty fun. It would actually work pretty well as a counterpart to how Persona 4 was tonally compared to 3, just with more emphasis on the extreme stylization of 5.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
I hope they get rid of the reaper cheese, he should be a hard battle , makes you feel that much better when you beat him.

Oct 25, 2017
costume1_f8511a842f23481353f78c1dfaeb789a.png
costume1_d9d05893e9e41b6368057a188978f145.png
persona2_634788bae99cc7e1584c4f651ab8a97a.png
costume1_d00c381f6b4554b661b6cc3a268484c8.png
persona2_a9b3039433eb7fed239a43b62e27c81d.png
costume1_fc88a5262fc35b9535c0829253fdce6b.png
persona2_30d6361a5c0c6bd294eecd1e8cacb221.png

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
It's a little odd how they're showing off the ultimate Personas, I figured they would go in order of reveal in-game.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more odd how some are showing them, some not, and then we've got Futaba's that they've managed to show but not name.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What SMT games period star adults?

Eternal Punishment, Strange Journey, and Digital Devil Saga are the only ones I can think off.

Frankly I don't care but I also don't think making the cast adults will automatically make it better like some people seem to think.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
SMT is so much about the dungeon-delving and leveling demons that I'm not sure the protagonist's age really matters (I suppose it would be a little outrageous to have a child fighting, but so many of the games take place in a post-apocalypse so older teens are treated like adults). Persona itself has had to concoct excuses why the Protagonist is so limited in their time using external factors. An older protagonist would be living in a 1DK by themselves and the game would lose any reason not to be a wide-open sandbox (or at least a much more fine-grain time system than the 3-4 blocks). Weirdly a Persona game set in Jr. High could be a lot easier to build since reasonable restrictions would be much broader and you wouldn't see the problems with a Morgana-like "GO TO BED".

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I have mixed feelings about the new ultimate personas overall, but Yusuke's is S+

Looking forward to seeing the last three members'

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
What SMT games period star adults?

Eternal Punishment, Strange Journey, and Digital Devil Saga are the only ones I can think off.

Frankly I don't care but I also don't think making the cast adults will automatically make it better like some people seem to think.
The Devil Summoner games, more or less. It gives more narrative options. Instead of having the cast stuck in the school for half the year, they can be doing other things.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Devil Summoner games, more or less. It gives more narrative options. Instead of having the cast stuck in the school for half the year, they can be doing other things.
I do't know about the first game but according to the wiki Soul Hackers hero is 18 and Raidou is outright stated to be a student.

I just don't think these "other things" will shake the series as much as people think it will.
Except there's a clear and present reason why Persona needs that narrative change. Three games on with high school settings, you can't tell me it isn't getting stale.
I can absolutely tell you that it's not getting stale. It's called an opinion. Again I really won't mind if they change it but there's this idea that it'll automatically be better that I don't agree with.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do't know about the first game but according to the wiki Soul Hackers hero is 18 and Raidou is outright stated to be a student.

I just don't think these "other things" will shake the series as much as people think it will.

I can absolutely tell you that it's not getting stale. It's called an opinion. Again I really won't mind if they change it but there's this idea that it'll automatically be better that I don't agree with.

Devil Summoner's protagonist is a college student who bodyjacks a detective.

Anyway I'm fine with high school protagonists but they need to be interesting, and Persona 3 and on has gone with really tropey, marketable and easily digestible anime high school heroes, and that's what's gotten stale.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

Raidou's effectively an adult by 2 if memory serves, and every other cast member is an adult, so it's way more of an adult story. Devil Summoner is usually less about high school drama and more about investigating the occult(closest thing to a Dresden Files RPG I can think of), so that's what I'd like to see Persona infused with.

Oct 25, 2017

Characters being in school for a lot of the game is a consequence of the calendar system, not their age. Innocent Sin drops the school after dungeon 1. An adult cast would still have a similar daily routine with a calendar.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Summoner's protagonist is a college student who bodyjacks a detective.

Anyway I'm fine with high school protagonists but they need to be interesting, and Persona 3 and on has gone with really tropey, marketable and easily digestible anime high school heroes, and that's what's gotten stale.
You'd think "digestible" and "stale" would contradict each other.