• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
First time ever playing P5.

Any newbie tips? Also, when does the game kick into gear? I'm just with this old geezer and his shop atm
I'm also going through my first playthrough semi-blind (I know some characters), but my friend gave me a piece of advice he found to be incredibly important: brew coffee any chance you get. This is essentially the only way of healing SP that you have early in the game and if you want to clear dungeons in one day, you need this. Haven't started the second one yet, but after finishing the first I can see how this would definitely be very handy.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also going through my first playthrough semi-blind (I know some characters), but my friend gave me a piece of advice he found to be incredibly important: brew coffee any chance you get. This is essentially the only way of healing SP that you have early in the game and if you want to clear dungeons in one day, you need this. Haven't started the second one yet, but after finishing the first I can see how this would definitely be very handy.
Haha, I'll make sure to do this. Thanks.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*sheepishly raises hand*

Maybe because he's cute or the salt bae thing. Guess I'm just too dumb to not expect....

Wait, are they going to say consoling and mental health is *bad*. Oh god...
I think you're just being overly paranoid. Literally the basis for half the games is people talking about their problems to someone. If he winds up evil it's no more them saying mental care is bad then teachers or such are bad.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thought these were cool.
722dc81e539414cfd3ac16c7a8f9b9182d50fe91.png

source:https://khytal.tumblr.com/post/187111513827/persona-x-fire-emblem-three-houses

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Video

Also for anyone who didn't catch my thread, the newest Morgana report said that Joker will get his own Showtime attacks near the end of the story.

Guessing this means his partners will be Akechi and Kasumi.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I really don't like the look of the new main menu. The backgrounds are too busy and kind of clash against the red silhouettes.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
To much stuff coming out right now for me. Might get it latter on sale.

Yeah I feel that, mostly got it already just to have the Steelbook. But man I just love hanging out in the Stray Sheep. And it's immediately interesting how I think the story is trying to make you feel more connected to Katherine and not just nagged by her.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Well, with the Endless Night bundle 55% off I guess it's finally time to bite. For these games I think it's convenient to have them digitally, if you have 10 minutes and just want to do a couple of songs it avoids all the disc swapping. Having all 3 games on the hard drive let's you conveniently jump between them. P4D doesn't include any dlc right?

benji2361

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Replaying P5 for the first time since launch and following a guide to max all confidants. I gotta say, I'm just as enthralled the second time around. Initially I intended on replaying the game immediately following the initial completion, but the ending hit too hard and I needed to take time to digest it. Two years later I'm finally cleaning everything up and working my hardest to see every bit of this game before P5R drops. I'm constantly blown away by the attention to detail put into the smallest things. The Persona series will always hold a special place in my heart, and it's looking like 5 is becoming my favorite entry after all.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
When you go back to P4D it really hits you how static and lifeless the backgrounds in P3D/P5D are.
They should release a dlc song with Kasumi, she's even a dancer.

Loving PQ2 even more than PQ1. That special screening with Ann and Chie was awesome.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, in P3D/P5D
the number of social events for each character is actually 8 and not 5.
That's a nice surprise, I really enjoy them.
I love the choreography with the whole gang together in the last song you unlock, really cool.

The special screenings in PQ2 are a great way of having the characters interact more. Love the idea.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First ten minutes of Royal.

Has portraits for all the dialogue(though still in shadow but it's obvious who everyone is.)

And a new scene introducing Kasumi were she kicks a bunch of ass and then you have another tutorial fight with her and Joker.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they cut down some of the tutorials in Kamoshida's dungeon. You're already introduced to a few of those concepts in the prologue so it's just kind of redundant when they're introduced again. Those first few trips in general could use some streamlining for a smoother pacing.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they cut down some of the tutorials in Kamoshida's dungeon. You're already introduced to a few of those concepts in the prologue so it's just kind of redundant when they're introduced again. Those first few trips in general could use some streamlining for a smoother pacing.

I think they mentioned something about streamlining the game.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well this is different, looks like there putting Kasumi in the manga.

Wonder if this is just a cameo or if there actually gonna rewrite the story to feature her

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Famitsu article has a lot more pictures of my Palace.

Also looks like Kasumi gets a Rin costume.(at least I think it's Kasumi as everyone else already has a Catherine outfit.)