• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is our first real good look at Kasumi's other character art.
Persona-5-Royal-Postcards-4.jpg

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
If I loved persona 5 should I go back to 3 ? Im hankering for some persona action but don't want to reply 5 because royal is so close. Also is the portable version considered the best ?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
If I loved persona 5 should I go back to 3 ? Im hankering for some persona action but don't want to reply 5 because royal is so close. Also is the portable version considered the best ?

Neither version is universally considered the best, you should check out a youtube video of portable and see if you would enjoy playing the game in the visual novel form

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Master of Shadow, I'll face myself or Blooming villain?

I think Willpower is better than blooming villain

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Are those spoilers/leaks (?) I have heard about Akechi's role in Royal actually legit or is it all just rumours?

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
What have you heard exactly?

As far as I know the game has yet to leak so we only know what the trailers have shown.

It probably is bullshit but I am going to spoiler it just in case. So warning: Royal Spoilers ahead?

The Akechi you get into your team after Shido's Palace is one born out of the cognition of Joker who wishes he could have redeemed sooner in one extra cutscene after the palace. (Apparently, all the Phantom Thieves talk about all the people they lost throughout their lives in this cutscene and this is why so many dead and not-so-dead characters appear in the third semester in the form of cognitions) But everyone thinks Akechi is real and just survived until the end of the game where it's revealed he was a fake.

It sounds fanfic-y, but I could see it being real. I mean, the obvious alternative over how to handle this is far worse.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Are those spoilers/leaks (?) I have heard about Akechi's role in Royal actually legit or is it all just rumours?
It would be the first I've heard of them. Still I don't know if leaks for an Atlus game near as likely to be true as those leaks for Three Houses which turned out to be 100% on the money.

Curious idea. It would be an interesting way to keep him around without the whole 'mass-murderer' thing getting in the way.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
It probably is bullshit but I am going to spoiler it just in case. So warning: Royal Spoilers ahead?

The Akechi you get into your team after Shido's Palace is one born out of the cognition of Joker who wishes he could have redeemed sooner in one extra cutscene after the palace. (Apparently, all the Phantom Thieves talk about all the people they lost throughout their lives in this cutscene and this is why so many dead and not-so-dead characters appear in the third semester in the form of cognitions) But everyone thinks Akechi is real and just survived until the end of the game where it's revealed he was a fake.

It sounds fanfic-y, but I could see it being real. I mean, the obvious alternative over how to handle this is far worse.

Details are wrong but I think overall it's true.

The general feeling is there's another god who's messing around with the humans in the new semester who basically gave them all their dreams instead of true justice. Akechi is this.[/spoilers]

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sounds more like speculation then a leak. A lot of people made theories in that regard.

Personally I don't buy it. They've been teasing his redemption since Q2.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

no idea if it's legit but this is basically what i've been speculating it would be for months lol

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing how Akechi is nowhere to be seen in P5S maybe the P5R rumors are true?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing how Akechi is nowhere to be seen in P5S maybe the P5R rumors are true?
There are plenty of reasons for Akechi not being there besides that rumor/theory.

Even if he lives through Royal I highly doubt he's gonna stick around Tokyo either turning himself in or disappearing on his own.

I also doubt this game will start you off with all your playable characters in the beginning.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Canon or not, at some point there will be Kasumi or Akechi character DLC anyway if they are not in the game already.

Honestly P5S turned out much more than I was expecting. I was expecting a mindless musou with a few dumb non-canon cutscenes and that's it but this seems pretty big and substantial. The roadtrip idea from prototype P5. Sequel story. Gameplay looks like an action RPG. More time for bonding moments between the characters.
Doesn't seem like some cheap spinoff at all.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really does feel like you could almost call this Persona 5-2.

I'm really curious how big all the map locations will be.

I'm also curious if there will be any significant DLC. I expect costumes and all that but I wonder about new stories and maps.

Edit: Also there'll be a livestream for the game on the 4th.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
It really does feel like you could almost call this Persona 5-2.

I mean we don't know enough to say that quite yet. Still a huge question mark about Personas, Velvet Room, overarching plot, Confidants, etc. This is shaping up to be more impressive and larger than I expected for sure. Having it over just the summer makes me think the game will be shorter, something about 20-25 hours.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't want it to be much longer than that. We also don't have daily life and school activities to take up time.
Exploring the town doing fun stuff with the gang then fighting some demons and off to the next town sounds good.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't want it to be much longer than that. We also don't have daily life and school activities to take up time.
Exploring the town doing fun stuff with the gang then fighting some demons and off to the next town sounds good.
Yeah, that's pretty much the loop I'd want. This does seem like more of a PX-2 spin-off than anything before it; it's kinda what I thought P5R was going to be before the reveals.

We know there is a Velvet Room and that the protagonist will be able to switch personas.

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah, that's pretty much the loop I'd want. This does seem like more of a PX-2 spin-off than anything before it; it's kinda what I thought P5R was going to be before the reveals.

We know there is a Velvet Room and that the protagonist will be able to switch personas.
Speaking of the Velvet Room...
I'm really happy to see Lavenza's the one standing outside the door now.

Oct 25, 2017
So since there's all this speculation about locations, I'd like to remind everyone about this trailer we got in August.

Naturally, there could be more locations than shown, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything major.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
PSA: P5R is now available for pre-download in Japan, so be wary of leaks and spoilers (or search them out if that's your thing).

*edit* turns out PS4 encryption is way better than PS3, which is where all the pre-release spoilers came out before P5.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn, Persona Q's soundtrack is so good.

Finished it awhile back but it always stuck with me just like P3/4. Maze of Life and the battle theme are wonderful.

OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am bizarrely hyped for Royal and Scramble now. I blame it on the soundtrack + Royal's release in Japan.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of looks like Sophia's trailer is tomorrow.

Looking at her there's actually a few noticeable references to the cell phone thing. Her shoes on her official art have wi-fi strength symbols on them and when her hood is up some of her expressions resemble emoticons. (^.^)