• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
During the broadcast of Persona 5 the Animation's episode 18 tomorrow, there'll be a television commercial for the Nintendo 3DS RPG "Persona Q2," which will have a bunch of new information on the game. This will include a release date.

Fun fact: Persona Q2 was announced a year ago, on August 2, 2017. We haven't had any news on it at all since then, so this will be our first actual look at the game.

It'll be interesting to see what the cast is, aside from the Phantom Thieves. Could it be P3, P4, and P5 together? Seems like that'd be a lot.

Countdown:

t1533396600z1.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
FluxWaveZ

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they at least have P4 as well. P5-only would be kind of boring.
The common idea when this game was announced is that it would feature a cat-and-mouse scenario where the P4 cast (Investigation Team) are the cops and the P5 cast (Phantom Thieves) are the robbers. Could be a cool way to pull it off, if they're going for the dual cast concept again.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little confused trying to find out the time it airs, didn't even know Japan used 24:00 rather than 00:00 for midnight. Google's basically telling me we're 4 hours away from the trailer if so.

OP
OP
FluxWaveZ

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused trying to find out the time it airs, didn't even know Japan used 24:00 rather than 00:00 for midnight. Google's basically telling me we're 4 hours away from the trailer if so.
We're 27 hours away from the start of episode 18's broadcast.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
I thought it wasn't decided which hardware it was coming to. Possible vita/switch release?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense now that EO X is out.
Still hoping for a Switch version but this is exciting.
Probably gonna stay 3DS exclusive ....if the had a HD version for Switch there wouldn't be much reason for it to not be on PS4 (maybe Vita) as well. Which would result in even more ressources needed.

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017
Is this a good enough excuse to post the Persona Q opening? Because I will take any excuse.

Still secretly one of the best Persona openings.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's about time. Hopefully it doesn't take long to come out in other regions.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If they show off Persona 3 without best protag as an option then the game is a hard skip for me. I am not a fan hem ignoring FemPC in Persona 3 Portable, she had some great social links as well.

FemMC doesn't exist in canon and won't be in any of the p3 spin offs, ever.

Them not even being dlc for the practically storyless p3d (compared to a persona RPG) put the nail in that coffin forever. There's zero chance they show up in a text heavy RPG.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
The common idea when this game was announced is that it would feature a cat-and-mouse scenario where the P4 cast (Investigation Team) are the cops and the P5 cast (Phantom Thieves) are the robbers. Could be a cool way to pull it off, if they're going for the dual cast concept again.
That's pretty cool, basically the same concept of Lupinranger vs Patranger, the current Sentai series.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'll be surprised if this stayed 3DS only. Loved the first game so I'll pick it up anyway.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
3DS :(

Not even sure why they think splitting the playerbase among different systems is a good idea.

I love my New 2DS XL, don't get me wrong. Best handheld of all time and a better handheld than Switch.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Loved the first one, I'm ready for more.

But yea I don't expect it to play it in english before some years

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Nice, Persona Q is the best Persona game so I'm looking forward to this.

Shame it's on 3DS still but with the changes needed to drop the bottom screen I guess it makes sense. I mean, EO isn't even off the 3DS yet.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Always heard mixed things about the first so I never got around to play it. Interested to see thid

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
That would be a fun way of doing it.

Although at this point I'm hoping the game at least gets ported to the Switch or consoles in general, being stuck on 3DS in 2018 or 2019 (at least for the west) feels like a terrible idea.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3DS :(

Not even sure why they think splitting the playerbase among different systems is a good idea.

I love my New 2DS XL, don't get me wrong. Best handheld of all time and a better handheld than Switch.
I mean last round of spin-offs we had a PS3/3DS/Vita split.
No, I believe there are 25 or 26 episodes of this series, this is episode 18.

Didn't they just get done with Futaba? Doesn't seem like enough time to cover the rest of the game.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
If they show off Persona 3 without best protag as an option then the game is a hard skip for me. I am not a fan hem ignoring FemPC in Persona 3 Portable, she had some great social links as well.
I have ignored any P3 spinoff that doesn't include FeMC, aka, all. Really hate Atlus pretends she never existed.