• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume this means nothing. This is the company that's releasing a Catherine remake on Vita in 2018.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
I'd get it in a heartbeat on Switch. Hopefully they didn't just cancel the 3DS version though.

Shepherd

Oct 25, 2017
Finally an etrian style game on a capable handheld hardware. Should run pretty well on my galaxy s8.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vita is already getting the Persona dancing games besides having a lot of Persona titles available on it so the fanbase is there :)

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
As long as it still on 3DS I'm ok with this. I'm not building a map with my fat fingers on the switch let me tell you

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I feel like I'd prefer cartography on the 3DS but if it comes to Switch I'd feel really conflicted. Oh for a world with cross-buy and cross-save.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
Do the people demanding it come to Switch even realise what kind of game Persona Q is and how centered it is on the dual screen and map drawing with a stylus?

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sega Nomad port confirmed.
fGrwVLd.gif

Day one.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The map in Strange Journey (DS) just filled out as you walked if I remember correctly. That'd work just fine.
There was an automap option in Q as well, I think. But manual cartography is a) fun, and b) useful for mapping out hazards, FOE routes, event/encounter tiles, and tiles you haven't walked on yet.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
Do the people demanding it come to Switch even realise what kind of game Persona Q is and how centered it is on the dual screen and map drawing with a stylus?
Would it be that difficult to translate the stylus drawing to pressing a button that opens the map, and you can draw a path by holding a button and moving in the dpad? Go to a square, press another button to open a selection of pins to put in the map, select the pin, and then it's in the map... The walls could be auto-drawn, you can change the colors by pressing another button.

Well, it's not as easy and snappy as drawing with a stylus, but the game already has a slow pace, I don't think it would be too detrimental to draw like that if it is an option (and you could just choose to let the map draw automatically if you're not interested in this).

Seriously, is it really THAT important for Etrian games that YOU draw the map? Customization of the map, okay, but drawing every single thing is too much, and it's hard to believe the game would be worse if the game draws some things for you.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
There was an automap option in Q as well, I think. But manual cartography is a) fun, and b) useful for mapping out hazards, FOE routes, event/encounter tiles, and tiles you haven't walked on yet.

There are dozens of ways they can give you the ability to mark up the map that doesn't require the DS's touchscreen. They could even allow you to actually use the touchscreen in handheld mode. I'm sure mapping on the DS is fun but nothing about translating that is insurmountable.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Where it goes may show us where the better franchise: EO, will migrate to as they use the same engine / base mechanics. If I remember correctly rumors were they were planning to move to Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.