• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't find a thread about this, so here goes. I'm quoting this news from another forum, evo-web. Also, the PSN store listing has since been taken down. Might've been a mistake on PSN HK's front or someone being sneaky there. The MOD from that forum has seen the listing as well, so it's not a fake job.

PlayStation Store of Hong Kong has released the info about the pre-ordering of PES 2019. Beckham seems to be on the cover.

The release date appears to be August 30th. The store listing can be found here.

Dbx2PA_U0AEK-zm.jpg

The store description states...
  • AUTHENTIC LEAGUES: Huge addition of licensed leagues
  • NEW MYCLUB: Every element has been redone, from how you sign players, to specialversions of players released throughout the year
  • MAGIC MOMENTS: Player individuality taken to the next level with 11 new skill traits, score great goals withimproved shooting motion and animation and see stamina have an impact with Visible Fatigue
  • THE BEAUTIFUL GAME: Photo-realism with stunning animation flow in 4K HDR
  • ML REAL SEASON: Experience life as a real manager with 3 significant changes: ICC pre-season, in-depth transfer system and new league licenses

A few screenshots:

LE01.jpg

LE03.jpg

LE02.jpg

Source.

npclivesmatter

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I just hope they go away with the fifa floaty controls and bring back the old more quick and snappy movement and ball physics.

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
I just hope they go away with the fifa floaty controls and bring back the old more quick and snappy movement and ball physics.
I only played one version of FIFA, that is 2016. I played like 100 games... it was a mistake. I always like the improvement (change) in PES, big or small. I like the current system and I really like the slowing down. I like to feel the pitch is big. For my liking, it can even be a touch slower. I don't think it is like fifa 2016.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
But they lost the UEFA licenses?

Does that mean they will go after more league licenses?

Would love to see the MLS, Liga MX, Chinese Super League, JLeague, A League.

Literally anything new please.

Put more Leagues into the ML, even if fake, modders can change them to to real thing.

Bring back the real create a team and stadium. Still can't believe you could do that on the PS2 games, but not PS4 games.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Really hope it hits every platform under the sun this year. Don't wanna settle for portable FIFA for my sp/ML fix anymore and the PS4 version will be king in the online department with friends.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Having a release date closer to start of European season is good move, if it's true.

AUTHENTIC LEAGUES: Huge addition of licensed leagues

they just lost the biggest license they had

The reigning CL holders aren't even licensed.
The license is nothing more than a name tbh.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
  • AUTHENTIC LEAGUES: Huge addition of licensed leagues

they just lost the biggest license they had
Having a release date closer to start of European season is good move, if it's true.

The reigning CL holders aren't even licensed.
The license is nothing more than a name tbh.

the names, logos and the music made a huge difference though

konami was the one who didnt use their license to the fullest, but even in their barebones states, many people still picked PES solely for the faux licensed UCL

Last edited:

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
Will try the demo, but Fifa with Pro Club and my friends is a must have/play.

I guess PES is one of the few things Konami have in the console market right now and if it sells even worse, well...

Btw. With the uefa licences gone, it could happen that teams like Real Madrid are missing. And the player base is on consoles, so therefore no mods and if they didnt put "fake teams" or an player and team editor in the game... Many players could skip PES

Deleted member 9943

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From Adam Bhatti's twitter a few days ago regarding their loss of the Champions League license:

"Feel I should add, to dispel any false information. UCL license gave Konami NO TEAM LICENSES. Which means: PES will not lose any team licenses because of the end of the partnership with UCL. A change of focus ahead, the positives will be clearly evident for all to see"

Who knows what their package will look like. I'm just praying for a Switch release because I've already deleted FIFA in frustration and miss Master League (please survive) dearly.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
From Adam Bhatti's twitter a few days ago regarding their loss of the Champions League license:

"Feel I should add, to dispel any false information. UCL license gave Konami NO TEAM LICENSES. Which means: PES will not lose any team licenses because of the end of the partnership with UCL. A change of focus ahead, the positives will be clearly evident for all to see"

They will lose no team licenses because they hadnt any to begin with
They will lose, however, the right to have a proper champions league competition, to use champions league imagery, to call themselves "champions league" ingame, to use the champions league music, basically anything that made you feel like playing a champions league match but team/player names. people who play football games do care about this kind of stuff

OP
OP
TLZ

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really hope it hits every platform under the sun this year. Don't wanna settle for portable FIFA for my sp/ML fix anymore and the PS4 version will be king in the online department with friends.
I hope so too. If the game's that good I might double dip. Would be the first time I play PES portably.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Who knows what their package will look like. I'm just praying for a Switch release because I've already deleted FIFA in frustration and miss Master League (please survive) dearly.

Well that's good news. Hopefully they are using the money to get league licences instead.

The revamped master league and my club sound good to me.

Btw. With the uefa licences gone, it could happen that teams like Real Madrid are missing. And the player base is on consoles, so therefore no mods and if they didnt put "fake teams" or an player and team editor in the game... Many players could skip PES

You can edit the option files (very easily) on the console versions to get all the teams, kits, badges etc.

Anyway, the vast majority of people who play PES over FIFA are not doing so for the licenses.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
beckham on the cover? the fuck?
off topic but beckham secretly came to my hometown last month on some UN anti bullying thing

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
NOt sure if this choice of cover mean that they genuilly change to change the main focus of this franchise or if they had no choice since the others cost way too much ?

OP
OP
TLZ

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NOt sure if this choice of cover mean that they genuilly change to change the main focus of this franchise or if they had no choice since the others cost way too much ?
It's probably aimed at myclub players and getting Becks plus extra points to start with. The standard version will probably be Barca again or Coutinho maybe.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo
The changes look very promising and definitely welcome! Looking at their scale , I don't think this is coming to switch this year. I had hoped FIFA's success on the platform would incentive them to do it but I don't know...

LohanKain

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hope they improve the Master League, the only mode that i like to play and need a revamp to become more challenging and less repetitive with time.

Edit: Forgot to say, the Xbox version need to have support a option file to import team kits.

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Is playing these sports games the best way to get into the actual sport or at least watching professional games?

I've always wanted to watch football matches ever since seeing dozens of Zinedine Zidane's magical highlights.

OP
OP
TLZ

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is playing these sports games the best way to get into the actual sport or at least watching professional games?

I've always wanted to watch football matches ever since seeing dozens of Zinedine Zidane's magical highlights.
The best way will always be real life. Doesn't have to be anything serious, just amateur fun. Even the simplest thing as buying a ball and playing in the backyard or even your room. Watching clips, videos or full matches definitely help of course too. You get immersed and wanting to follow a certain team or players, maybe even mimic their style of play. Playing the video games are more on the fun side of course, and it might help you learn the rules, but they still don't mimic real football 1:1.

In conclusion, do a bit of everything if you can :)

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
The best way will always be real life. Doesn't have to be anything serious, just amateur fun. Even the simplest thing as buying a ball and playing in the backyard or even your room. Watching clips, videos or full matches definitely help of course too. You get immersed and wanting to follow a certain team or players, maybe even mimic their style of play. Playing the video games are more on the fun side of course, and it might help you learn the rules, but they still don't mimic real football 1:1.

In conclusion, do a bit of everything if you can :)
Definitely, I do kick around ball with my sister and nephew but haven't brought myself to learn the rules of the game. Maybe playing the games will finally give me the incentive to learn them. I do enjoy watching clips of matches on youtube, but I want to enjoy it and understand it. I'll probably pick up the next Fifa or something. I know I'll enjoy it anyway.

OP
OP
TLZ

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely, I do kick around ball with my sister and nephew but haven't brought myself to learn the rules of the game. Maybe playing the games will finally give me the incentive to learn them. I do enjoy watching clips of matches on youtube, but I want to enjoy it and understand it. I'll probably pick up the next Fifa or something. I know I'll enjoy it anyway.
Nice. The rules are simple so you should be OK there :)

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
They will lose no team licenses because they hadnt any to begin with
They will lose, however, the right to have a proper champions league competition, to use champions league imagery, to call themselves "champions league" ingame, to use the champions league music, basically anything that made you feel like playing a champions league match but team/player names. people who play football games do care about this kind of stuff

Absolutely none of these things matter if the underlying game mechanics are crap. I get that a lot of people need licences because God knows that's what kept FIFA going but it's meaningless in the context of why people buy Pro Evo.

Madsenpai

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I wonder if they recover some of the licenses back. They were getting worse and worse about it.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they recover some of the licenses back. They were getting worse and worse about it.

It's been said in this thread before but the people who decide to play PES over FIFA by and large don't play it for the licenses.

If they have the licenses it's a bonus but the people who play this game instead of Fifa value to the brand of gameplay more.

Madsenpai

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It's been said in this thread before but the people who decide to play PES over FIFA by and large don't play it for the licenses.

If they have the licenses it's a bonus but the people who play this game instead of Fifa value to the brand of gameplay more.
Well, I didn't say anything about that.

Alej

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The total GAME CHANGER would be a way to subscribe to a mod, ingame.

An ingame workshop and a complete editor (player, team, manager, stadium, club, fixture, league, tournament).

And then only focus on the gameplay.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
It's been a while since I've picked up a good football game. I remember getting PES every year between 2 and 5 and then they seemed to shit the bed with the advent of the HD generation. Haven't played a PES since. Have they recovered; is it time to return?

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
People who play football games clearly don't care about this stuff, since everyone buys FIFA nowadays and PES sales are depressing.

Lux86

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a while since I've picked up a good football game. I remember getting PES every year between 2 and 5 and then they seemed to shit the bed with the advent of the HD generation. Haven't played a PES since. Have they recovered; is it time to return?

I still think that Pes 5 is the best one, even today. However, pes 18 is really good, you should try it.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I didn't say anything about that.

Well you said they are getting worse and worse from a licensing perspective, but it's not something that will be the biggest factor in terms of whether they will retain PES fans.

It's been the best football game on the market for the last 3 years.

Oct 27, 2017
People who play football games clearly don't care about this stuff, since everyone buys FIFA nowadays and PES sales are depressing.

Well, they just announced Pes series has sold more than 100 million units, with Pes 2018 selling more than 3 million units, that's not depressing sales considering Pes is a low budget game, it's a big win for them, that's why they still continue to release it. Obviously it's not 15-16 million Fifa sales but 3 mln units sold every year for Konami it's great nonetheless.

Anyway about the Champions League license: Pes won't lose Real Madrid or any other team, that license didn't include individual team licenses.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I only played one version of FIFA, that is 2016. I played like 100 games... it was a mistake. I always like the improvement (change) in PES, big or small. I like the current system and I really like the slowing down. I like to feel the pitch is big. For my liking, it can even be a touch slower. I don't think it is like fifa 2016.
I only played the demo of the last game but I felt something was weird with the way the ball moved and never really felt like buying the full game because of it. It has been a long time since I last played a PES game so I did not know if I just remembered wrong or if there was something different about it.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there's no way to import team kits and logos on Xbox this time around, I might have to pass