• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
Bingo. In fact you can guarantee that the majority of the people posting in horror here don't buy PES games and wouldn't even if they did include female teams and tournaments.

Spending a non-insignificant portion of your budget to appease people who aren't and never will be consumers doesn't make any sense from a business perspective if you're barely managing to compete against FIFA and have a fraction of the budget.

I get that a lot of us feel strongly about this issue, but implying that the ability to play as women in FIFA is somehow a driver of sales isn't backed up by the evidence:

KqKrZQ1.png

Ibdh4Yc.png

MQJUrFa.png

XIuOr4H.png

PES simply doesn't have the budgetary luxury like FIFA of including the women's game no matter how much they would want to.

This is exactly the reason and it's obvious.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
PES goes out of it's way to make male players authentic right? Animation....Face scans.. etc. And they have way less budget than Fifa.

So I'm guessing if they wanted to do women's soccer right, they would want to get the various running annimation styles... team celebrations... things that differentiate the sport from male soccer.

Unless they just put female faces over altered male player models...and have the same animations. If yall want that?

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
You make it sound like FIFA have done a good job with including the women's game and the utilisation of licences so far. There's no proper World Cup mode, not all teams at the WC are even available and there are no domestic leagues.

They need to do so much more than just pay lip service to the women's game existing, especially with the budget at their disposal
One third of The Journey mode was playable with Kim Hunter, you can create and play with female players on FIFA 20's Volta mode.
Yes, there's still a lot more that they can do, I would love to at least have the Women's Champions League in the game but they are at least doing something.
Women's football is improving and getting more attention. The World Cup has been beating records in terms of TV ratings in multiple countries and some matches have had more audience than some of Men's World Cup.
It's good that women and especially young girls have a chance to play with some of their idols.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
One third of The Journey mode was playable with Kim Hunter, you can create and play with female players on FIFA 20's Volta mode.
Yes, there's still a lot more that they can do, I would love to at least have the Women's Champions League in the game but they are at least doing something.
Women's football is improving and getting more attention. The World Cup has been beating records in terms of TV ratings in multiple countries and some matches have had more audience than some of Men's World Cup.
It's good that women and especially young girls have a chance to play with some of their idols.

I want more women's football in FIFA and given the coffers EA have and the fact we've had four games since it's introduction, I expect a lot more.

Making 1/3 of The Journey in 19 was a good step, and the inclusion in Volta is fine too - but compared to what the men's game has included, it's small potatoes.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised. The series is on life support, adding women would require them to actually put some effort into the game. Buying the Man It's license is a much less hassle way of making the new version seem different.

How the mighty have fallen, but good thing FIFA is always pushing the envelope.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'd be really interested to know the proportion of players playing the women's game in fifa

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Fuck off.

So what? What's your point here?

Pretending women don't play soccer is fucking dumb. Regardless of if the "main audience" is waiting for them to add women or not.

Who's pretending that women don't play football? There's various leagues and players missing from PES every year because they don't have the budget and resources to include much outside of the most popular leagues. Nobody's ever taken it as Konami implying that these leagues don't exist.

Idoru

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna put my take in here as a lifelong football fan.
Women's soccer is getting more popular. But here in europe there's barely anyone who cares about it. We watch the big tournaments because they run while the leagues are having their summer break. Even female friends and family who are hardcore into football don't care about it aside from the tournaments. The only place where women's football is more popular than the male one is probably the US. And to argue that because of a region where barely anyone cares anyway these companies should put in women's teams is pretty stupid. Also didn't FIFA put in some national teams recently? Barely anyone talked about that, neither positive nor negative.

Now let's talk about the situation if they decided to actually do it. Do women's teams get rated in the same system with the men's teams? Or are mixed-matches not allowed? Or do they rate them seperately and still let them play against each other? If they do it seperately they'll likely just release two versions. We know how these companies do their business. And if they really want to do a good job that requires a lot of new facescans and data.

I think that's the only way this will work. Because if we go for a rating in which men and women gets rated on the same scale, women's top teams will end up in the sub 40/100 scale at best. While the worst men's teams are usually in the 40s. Not because the sport is completely sexist. But because these things happen again and again.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
They don't even have full licenses for the best MENS leagues. People who aren't familiar with PES seem to underestimate just how far Konami has to go to catch up with basically anything but the on-field stuff. Last year their cover stars backed out last minute and they scrambled to get licenses for leagues barely anyone cares about.

I love PES. One of my favorite games ever. While having the women's leagues would be nice, they need to spend any disposable cent on acquiring licenses to popular clubs to stay alive.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
PES is a budget soccer game. I think they probably have like 5 devs working on it.

Fans have been asking for better transfer system for 5 years and they still fail to deliver, I don't think asking them to include something else would do better.

Konami gonna Konami.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PES just seems like it circling the drain and only exists right now because the cost to update the roster and ship new games is just profitable enough for Konami at the moment but any more work to it would cost to much.

Like, I doubt it even makes the leap to next gen.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
Why? They have decided to not have and that's it. If you dont like it dont buy it. Jesus christ people get offended by everything today.

You were brave man, there isn't freedom opining when you're not on the same boat, too sad.

Offtopic apart, Konami is able to do random woman's with their own physics and let the community do the rest with the editor. But this company is just thinking in make easy money and doesn't care about the product.

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a budget issue.
Unfortunately I agree. I'd love to see PES have women players but this series must be hanging by a thread on Konami's current financial commitment to games.

Part of me thinks it only gets released to try and recoup more of the sunk cost in the Fox engine

Maybe Konami will start to make games again and invest properly. At that time we could hope to see women's teams in PES.