• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo link: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kitten-squad-switch/

Screenshot_20190518-1146022.png

ESRB link: https://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.aspx?from=home&titleOrPublisher=Kitten Squad

Screenshot_20190518-1147232.png

What one person reported:

Last edited:

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This has been on PS4 for like a year too, it's a really bad Zelda clone. It's really not obvious it's PETA's game until you start it.

GART9000

Feb 23, 2019
I'm pretty sure I played this on PS4 because it was free and I didn't know it was from Peta. I don't remember anything explicit but it's been years since I played it. Plus I'm pretty sure it actually has microtransactions.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This game has been out for a hot minute, and I dabbled in it for a bit but I had no idea about this. The gameplay is trash tho, so I deleted it as soon as I touched it.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
That seems consistent with PETA's goal of raising awareness with somewhat severe measures.

Oct 26, 2017
Arcade Distillery (the dev) was formed by Luc Bernard, who some may remember created Eternity's Child for PC and was initially going to be a WiiWare game.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They don't tell you that the Kitten Squad were stolen from their families and trained to be soldiers

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
PETA games always come off like the overly graphic pamphlets you get from zealots. It's just off-putting and it doesn't seem like it would convert anyone. I didn't know they had moved beyond Flash games though.

Anyway, I'm off to cook some steak.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
This is old as shit. Me and my girlfriend played through it in coop for the laughs, and we actually had about half an hour's worth of fun out of it. It's free guys, go download it. It's a pretty shit game, but it's just fun enough to play, and naturally it's fucking hilarious for as long as you can stomach it.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Can we report a game for this? I don't think anyone, especially children, need to see disturbing graphic imagery just to prove a point.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PETA is a disgusting group that finances terrorists, steals pets off of people's porches and runs death farms for 'rescued' pets. This comes as no surprise.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
This is old as shit. Me and my girlfriend played through it in coop for the laughs, and we actually had about half an hour's worth of fun out of it. It's free guys, go download it. It's a pretty shit game, but it's just fun enough to play, and naturally it's fucking hilarious for as long as you can stomach it.

Id rather not encourage them

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
What's up with the clickbait title? Sensationalist shock-propaganda is exactly what I believe PETA would put out.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
All PETA does is disgusting shock value and being over-the-top in general. All that does is feed into the image that they are a crazed, hippy organization that you should stay far away from even if you are sympathetic to the general cause of animal treatment. I don't really understand that strategy

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The description from that Twitter user is significantly more graphic than what you see in the game. The "cutscenes" are largely still imagines. The movement comes from the camera moving around to make it look like there's movement or an object on the screen being moved around without any actual animation. What it's intended to be depicting is graphic, but what's actually shown isn't at all.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Does it feel like a Newgrounds flash but with less self-awareness? That's the key to the PETA game experience, I've found.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
All PETA does is disgusting shock value and being over-the-top in general. All that does is feed into the image that they are a crazed, hippy organization that you should stay far away from even if you are sympathetic to the general cause of animal treatment. I don't really understand that strategy

You'll have to remember that it's less about strategy and more about PETA genuinely being a villainous organization from a dumb cartoon, but in real life.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Okay upon watching the cutscenes, they aren't nearly as graphic as I thought they would be so thank goodness for that.

Still, I don't think this method will convince anyone to join them.

Reminds me of that one game called Can Your Pet.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Then what kind of disturbing images are we talking about?

I watched the cutscenes on Youtube. What they're intended to be showing is gory, but they're just still images that move around slightly. They aren't properly animated or anything. Like the Twitter user mentions an orca that commits suicide by bashing its head in. That sounds really graphic...except this is what it actually shows you

peta05kod.png

You don't see the orca bashing its head in. There's just a description of that happening and then that image follows.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Peta makes vegans like me look bad. Fuck peta and please don't let then define veganism for you.