• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's impossible for Pete to win the primary due to his basically nonexistent black support. If this doesn't fade (and there's still time for that to happen, he's just the current fresh face after Warren's drop), then it could be good in one sense - by beating Biden, he punctures Biden's main selling point, that he's inevitable. That might cause voters in other states to reassess who they support.

Hopefully Bernie (or Warren) would benefit.

That said, fuck Pete.

Oct 28, 2017
giphy76jnn.gif

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
The hate for him here is over exaggerated. His attacks on Warren make him an asshole but his shift in tone to centrism is solely for this purpose to gain traction. He's as liberal as most. He's attacking M4A because it's a anchor on other candidates, but his view on climate change and reform will certainly shift left.

yes it sucks he has little to no meaningful politicial experience but he's not some complete waste of space. This forum loves to feather and tar for minor reasons so expect this thread to be filled with over dramatic bullshit.

greelay

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe his rise in popularity means people will go after him on Wednesday. Seems like an easy target, woefully underqualified. And his waffling on Medicare for all is total crap.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
The majority here are Warren/Sanders or bust.

It will be interesting to see the climate here if neither win the nomination

Probably like it was in 2016 except with even more anger and fervor this time

"but I don't want to vote because Biden doesn't excite me"

"fuck you get out and vote"

repeat

Oct 25, 2017

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Maybe his rise in popularity means people will go after him on Wednesday. Seems like an easy target, woefully underqualified. And his waffling on Medicare for all is total crap.
That could play to his benefit too though, it could look like personal attacks rather than substance of the issues

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1. Middle class voters who saw that Warren wouldn't say "no raised taxes" and liked Pete attacking her.

2. White voters who don't really care about his issues with the black community.

3. "He's so smart and eloquent!"

4. New and exciting!

5. There was a recent poll that showed many Democrats want a candidate who both supports big, bold ideas and will work across the aisle. That's not possible but I guess Pete fits that.

6. He's not Biden.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really think he could maintain the momentum in the other states, so I'm hoping this will hurt Biden without hurting Bernie/Elizabeth much.

Man, opinion on him sure has shifted since April; where was all this hate then?

I think at first he was easy to like because he's young and is a good enough speaker. Then he gradually lost popularity when the details of his proposals started painting him as more centrist.