• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Man, opinion on him sure has shifted since April; where was all this hate then?

...really? When I posted this on April 24th, I don't think I was a massive outlier:

Well, here's a list:

'I ain't ever seen the dude' – residents of South Bend's poor neighborhoods say Democratic presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg left them behind

Pete Buttigieg Fired South Bend's Black Police Chief. It Still Stings.

What Happened When Pete Buttigieg Tore Down Houses In Black And Latino South Bend

Pete Buttigieg Is The Only Top 2020 Democrat Taking Money From Washington Lobbyists

Pete Buttigieg Says Incarcerated People Shouldn't Get to Vote

2020 candidate Pete Buttigieg "troubled" by clemency for Chelsea Manning

Pete Buttigieg's Focus: Storytelling First. Policy Details Later.

To sum up: He seems to be 90% packaging and 10% conviction, has had a massive blindspot when it comes to race, has a shallow record that's a less than thrilling mix of "worked for McKinsey after graduating from Harvard" and "was an okay mayor of a small city," and sometimes just seems to have terrible instincts.

It's weird how he's managed to evade some of the criticisms other candidates have received, while absorbing some of the praise other candidates have deserved. For example, Beto got heated criticism for an issue, weakness on policy, that is vastly amplified in Pete's case, and on the flip side, Pete's intellect seems to have been disproportionately hyped in a race that includes people like Elizabeth Warren.

I absolutely see his appeal, he obviously has fantastic potential, etc., etc., but I'm not the slightest bit convinced he deserves all the positive coverage nor the steadily improving poll numbers.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Biden is celebrating because if Warren and Bernie can't get early momentum then it's his race to win once Iowa is over because Pete has no path to victory outside of that state.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
He more than almost anybody else in the field would insure a Trump re-election.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I still want Pete as VA Secretary.

Either way, I've donated to 3 campaigns so far: Beto, Pete, and Warren.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
it always blows me how Iowa is the first place and this central pillar, and politicians in both parties swear it's like the "heart of America" and is the most reflective of the country yet the black population there is what exactly?.... The black women population is what?....

Make it make sense America. I can't wait for the think pieces on how Black America let Buttgieg down...

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Easy, he's moderate. This may surprise you, but outside of Era, the left (and obviously independents) isn't nearly as far left.

I'm so fucking tired of hearing this. We aren't children, and we don't need to be reminded that outside of this website there live moderates who love moderate candidates. Christ.

I'm more referring to his issues with black people, but I forget that's not really a dealbreaker for either side of the political isle.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
it always blows me how Iowa is the first place and this central pillar, and politicians in both parties swear it's like the "heart of America" and is the most reflective of the country yet the black population there is what exactly?.... The black women population is what?....

Make it make sense America.

What blows my mind is the America primary voting system. Like why even have this slow rollout of states voting? Why not have them all vote at the same time?

Are there any other countries that have a party voting system like this?

I'm a Canadian and our party leadership elections aren't a year long event.

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
If he becomes the nominee he'll still be the most progressive candidate for president ever from a mainstream party.

Pete is fine (outside his complete lack of experience).

greelay

Oct 26, 2017
What blows my mind is the America primary voting system. Like why even have this slow rollout of states voting? Why not have them all vote at the same time?
Money mostly. I also think it is dumb, though. Like Pete can just dump a bunch of money into Iowa so that if he does well enough people will think he is viable. My understanding is that there is a pretty strong correlation between money spent and Iowa performance. But I may be misremembering.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that Mayor Pete wants mandatory conscription. Surely such a thing could never be used to throw today's kids into the jaws of the next forever war.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yIFe8Vi_d.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City

Are there any other countries that have a party voting system like this?

I'm a Canadian and our party leadership elections aren't a year long event.

I don't understand it either man, most of us don't and there is no really good explanation that isn't rooted in white supremacy.

I mean when you put it like that it's makes perfect sense.

I mean this is true lol.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa is a weird choice of a bell weather for the country at large. I know there are some archaic rules about why Iowa is first but it doesn't seem relevant in 2019. Should just be Ohio since that's been the number one battleground outside of Florida for decades and has a reasonably diverse population.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean he wins Iowa and MAYBE new hampshire then he gets Spirit bombed by Super tuesday? Not even worth worrying about

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hate for him here is over exaggerated. His attacks on Warren make him an asshole but his shift in tone to centrism is solely for this purpose to gain traction. He's as liberal as most. He's attacking M4A because it's a anchor on other candidates, but his view on climate change and reform will certainly shift left.

yes it sucks he has little to no meaningful politicial experience but he's not some complete waste of space. This forum loves to feather and tar for minor reasons so expect this thread to be filled with over dramatic bullshit.
lol his issues with race are not at all fucking minor.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Id love to see an openly gay president someday"

*finger on the monkeys paw curls*

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Well, it could be Biden.

Usually the Iowa winner doesn't make too far past Iowa either. Also, it's November.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It 'sets the narrative'.

He has been going allout in a select few upfront contests, and it's really his only shot.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hate for him here is over exaggerated. His attacks on Warren make him an asshole but his shift in tone to centrism is solely for this purpose to gain traction. He's as liberal as most. He's attacking M4A because it's a anchor on other candidates, but his view on climate change and reform will certainly shift left.

yes it sucks he has little to no meaningful politicial experience but he's not some complete waste of space. This forum loves to feather and tar for minor reasons so expect this thread to be filled with over dramatic bullshit.
"As liberal as most"

Covering for racist cops and opportunistically scamming community leaders on his Douglas Plan...

I guess you yourself could try to make these defining traits of your idea of "liberal." As a leftist myself, I will refrain from comment. 👀

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iowa is a weird choice of a bell weather for the country at large. I know there are some archaic rules about why Iowa is first but it doesn't seem relevant in 2019. Should just be Ohio since that's been the number one battleground outside of Florida for decades and has a reasonably diverse population.

It's just because they're petty shits about it and would hold their caucus the day after election day if that is what it takes to be first

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
It's just because they're petty shits about it and would hold their caucus the day after election day if that is what it takes to be first
Is there anything worse than caucus'? Folks that are able to show up at a certain time get locked in a room and get to shout at each other until someone finally says fuck it and caves.

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything worse than caucus'? Folks that are able to show up at a certain time get locked in a room and get to shout at each other until someone finally says fuck it and caves.
No they are terrible if there is a lot of participation like in 2016. Many left after the first round and their votes were not counted.
Sanders' team support for the Caucus system expecting a repeat of the 2016 primaries(where Sanders dominated the Caucus states) could blown in their faces now.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
No they are terrible if there is a lot of participation like in 2016. Many left after the first round and their votes were not counted.
Sanders' team support for the Caucus system expecting a repeat of the 2016 primaries(where Sanders dominated the Caucus states) could blown in their faces now.
I could have sworn there was a movement to get rid of them, they were needed when folks only came to town once ever 3 months on horse and should have gone when indoor plumbing was standard.

Jan 31, 2018
His subservience to Israel is sad but all too common unfortunately. He's exactly the kind of milquetoast status quo type the States doesn't need.