• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
What did he even do at Capcom? I've seen him talk about what their doing with SFV and Marvel Infinite but what did he actually work on? Just a community manager?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Man that's awesome. Wasn't too big into watching fighting game stuff but did watch Running Sets and compilations of his comebacks. Bionic Arm!!!!

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That's awesome. I'll enjoy Spider-Man even more knowing he was involved. Combofiend always seemed like one of the nicest dudes in the FGC.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever heard the quote before.

"If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things," said Peter Rosas.

"Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing."

"It's just the function that people are associating with the character, and there's no shortage of that. We made sure that all proper playstyles can be represented with our current roster."

This was in regards to X-Men characters not being in the new Marvel vs. Capcom which was likely due to Marvel's MCU focus.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Holy fuck that is one fucking step up for Combofiend.

No wonder he hasn't returned to the FGC for real even after his Capcom stint

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Feels great to have one of our own infiltrate mahvel... Now, let's get combofiend to make them loosen up the mahvel characters a bit more for a new mvc game. We can't let the series die like this with mvci. Mvc deserves better.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
I mean, we knew he was at Marvel Games for a while, but yeah.

It makes sense that he gets producer credit, Marvel Games doesn't actually do any Game Dev themselves, pretty much.

image0.jpg

But yeah here's the Marvel Games crew.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sabotaged MvCI then joined Marvel. Masterful move.

jk

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Good for him! Now go produce more Marvel non-fighting games too with a AAA budget. we need more superhero games that are not fighters cause we already had plenty of superhero fighting games (My Hero, IJ2, MvC:I, etc).

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'm so glad he left Capcpom.

I wouldn't wish being a fighting game developer in this day and age on my worst enemy.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oh damn, congrats to Combofiend!
I guess I shouldn't feel bad he isn't with Capcom anymore...

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Always nice to hear good things about Combofiend. He was my favorite MvC3 player.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I highly doubt Peter would wanna submit himself back to developing fighting games lol. Too toxic.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan