• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
image0.png

I guess that explains Combofiend showing up at MCU premieres with Marvel Games.

Source: Marvel's Spider-Man (Credits)

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised he got a job at Marvel after that expert spin he was doing for MvCi

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn. I had thought MvC:I would've hurt him but he's on come up. Good on him.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was known that he was with Marvel games since the beginning of the year, awesome that he was a producer though

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
He came up! Glad to see him doing well. The way he got scapegoated while working at Capcom was terrible. It was tough to see him in that position because he was one of my favorite players.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
He came up! Glad to see him doing well. The way he got scapegoated while working at Capcom was terrible. It was tough to see him in that position because he was one of my favorite players.

"Scapegoated"? Mocked, yes, but I don't think anyone ever seriously suggested he was to blame for Infinite's problems, people generally understood he was handed a shit sandwich and forced to eat it in front of the world.

I'm surprised he'd even want to go there and that they'd want him, you'd think they'd hate each other over how that turned out.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Good for him, infinite was more Marvel's fault which is why it's little surprising to see him work there after that

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to Combofiend! One of the best personalities in the FGC. Him and Yipes made watching UMvC3 so, so much fun.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good for him! I'm glad he got out of the mess that was SFV and MvC:I okay.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Combo got that genuine hustle & drive. Congrats on the success & well deserved!

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Good for him, infinite was more Marvel's fault which is why it's little surprising to see him work there after that
I feel like it's more 50/50. Though Combofiend did avoid incriminating Marvel for the restricted characters thing (which made sense, but resulted in the "functions" meme), so I suppose that helped.

Good for him! I'm glad he got out of the mess that was SFV and MvC:I okay.
SFV was salvaged. And as we mentioned, MvCI wasn't entirely Capcom's fault.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that he was the Producer at Marvel Games, not the only one. I imagine that there's a producer at SIE and Insomniac as well, no?

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
"Scapegoated"? Mocked, yes, but I don't think anyone ever seriously suggested he was to blame for Infinite's problems, people generally understood he was handed a shit sandwich and forced to eat it in front of the world.

I'm surprised he'd even want to go there and that they'd want him, you'd think they'd hate each other over how that turned out.

He was the face of "Capcpom is terrible at communication" for years. Lots of people were calling for him personally to get fired over "functions."

poseph

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn I miss Combofiend. Here's his biggest claim to fame for people unfamiliar with his works

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wonder if he can convince Marvel to give MvC another chance.
If it does happen, Capcom needs almost complete free reign, including the roster choices of both sides. We saw what happened when Marvel got too involved in the kitchen (though the budget also didn't help, & Capcom wasn't completely free of blame).