• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
This is my dog Dutch. She's just over 1 year old. A mix breed of Saint Bernard and Bernese Mountain Dog. She's the biggest lap dog you could ask for.
1 year old? Holy shit, she'll be bigger than the couch!

Absolutely beautiful, though. That tail is to die for, as are those gigantic paws <3

red_taiyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my new labradoodle, Cookie! She'll be twelve weeks old tomorrow and is treating me like a chew toy. Still fun though having our family's first dog 🤣!

0-D8511-B0-2-C27-4005-B16-A-356-F7-FC8988-B.jpg

Awake

Jan 27, 2019
This was Georgie. She had to be put to sleep yesterday. Found her in the back garden when she was about 3 weeks old and she barely left my side since then. It's incredibly hard without her. Her favourite box that she would sleep in is still there as are all her other things. She was 15 and had a good life but it's still a shock and it still hurts beyond how I imagined.

I hope everyone's pets are all doing well.

6751Y8r.jpg

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This was Georgie. She had to be put to sleep yesterday. Found her in the back garden when she was about 3 weeks old and she barely left my side since then. It's incredibly hard without her. Her favourite box that she would sleep in is still there as are all her other things. She was 15 and had a good life but it's still a shock and it still hurts beyond how I imagined.

I hope everyone's pets are all doing well.

6751Y8r.jpg

My heart. This is my favorite thread on era but can hit you where it counts. I don't know if you like hugs Awake, but hugs, man.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Hey ERA, this is my beloved cat. She's 5 years old, and her name is Katamari. Yeah, it's totally a homage to Katamari Damacy, mostly because she looks like she's a big ball of fluff who rolled in a bunch of different paint buckets, (she's a Calico cat)! I love her to bits, she's fun, very playful, loves to lick humans she loves, and to sleep in our super comfy fluffy house robes (you can see it below, colonizing my grey one, and then colonizing the black one that my SO was wearing while playing). We adopted her from the SPA (French national animal welfare organization) when she was barely 1 year old, and having her by our side has been a delight ever since, she's our precious baby!

Today I had to carry her to the vet for a minor check-up (she's fine), and since it's a 10 minutes walk, I enjoy placing the carrier she's in on one of my shoulders, in order to make her feel less stressed (she doesn't like being on the ground or near it while she's in her cat carrier). She enjoys seeing the world from my height and perspective, she's curious about what's happening in the streets, and that way she definitely feels more in control and way less in danger. I look like a weirdo to people on the way to the vet, but hey, whatever, the things you do for your furry friends and their well-being!

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
No shit, that cat is fucking stunning. And Katamari is a cute name, too! Make sure if you get another (and it's a boy), name him Prince :)

So, the doggo and I went to our monthly local greyhound meetup/walk. He was an exceptionally good doggo, and they had their photographer there taking random snaps. I'm particularly fond of this shot of our Jasper:
60361404_1044528075746444_7018057753725763584_n.jpg

Not our pet, but this fucking huge (and beautiful) deerhound was there too:
60472033_1044525902413328_8308659296908869632_n.jpg

60424318_1044528812413037_7919932432696999936_n.jpg

Jasper, post-3.5km walk (he didn't move from that bed for the rest of the day. Literally):
60817372_10156218711615906_4938545029791612928_n.jpg

Bonus, when a greyhound (or a greyhound X, I guess) gets a trampoline as a present:

Bonus #2: Jasper at a greyhound walk in Christmas last year. I also like this photo :)
48383131_955098371356082_8822166372797644800_n.jpg

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Here's my cats, sadly though both have recently become positive with TB so on 6 months antibiotics each :(

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a couple of newer ones of our lovely kitty, Sylvi

Spoopy cat

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Furry animals are nice and all but nothing compares to a meter plus long Python.

Say hello to Sombra:

Nice, my son has been saving for a python and we're getting one for his birthday this year. I'll cover the enclosure setup and he pays for the decorations and snake/license etc. It's been a great motivator for a 9 year old. Kid loves reptiles. Daughter is doing the same for a water dragon lizard. Reptiles upstairs and dog downstairs though.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
My cat went missing two nights ago after being spooked by a dog. He's never been gone for this long and my wife and I are just torn apart right now.

Does anyone have experience with their cat coming back after a long time outside? We've talked with all our neighbors and put up signs as well as talked with all the shelters. God this sucks so bad.

My cat went missing two nights ago after being spooked by a dog. He's never been gone for this long and my wife and I are just torn apart right now.

Does anyone have experience with their cat coming back after a long time outside? We've talked with all our neighbors and put up signs as well as talked with all the shelters. God this sucks so bad.
Back when I was a kid one our cats came back after she was missing for 4 weeks. She was a farm cat though and used to being outside.
I really hope your cat will turn up again.

Sofiya

Oct 28, 2017

I read somewhere that you can try putting his litter box outside. Apparently cats can detect the scent from quite a long distance away. Good luck. I hope he comes back.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I read somewhere that you can try putting his litter box outside. Apparently cats can detect the scent from quite a long distance away. Good luck. I hope he comes back.

Yeah we did that the first night and no such luck. We think he's either stuck in a tree or hiding terrified under a porch or something. We've been looking everywhere, set up flyers, even put out a ton of things that smell like him. We're still hoping but expecting the worst at this point. He was the runt of the litter and was always small but loved going outside.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
This is Luma (named after the mario character), shes 3/4 cavalier 1/4 beagle. Although she looks more cavalier she acts more beagle especially when theres food involved.

3qL4DPs.jpg

tLywTr3.jpg
How are kings supposed to relate to food? I mean, beagles are said to be good eaters. But that goes for most healthy dogs.

I live with my fiancee now and her cat. The cat is called Gatto (is like calling catt but in portuguese).

13177587_10201618331495871_2436505870826291864_n.jpg

But I had a husky called Schnee (snow in german). It was by far my most beloved pet. Unfortunately, he died in 2007 I think.

388743_323051654390049_1138934986_n.jpg

This is a old video of him. We were calling him (come here! in german) to go downstairs and into his place. But he didnt want to go lol

Your naming skills are amazing. 🤣

This is my kitten Apollo!

yihliIw.jpg

We adopted him back in early November from the Human Society. His name was Rocky at the shelter, and due to the fact that he was White (and the fact that we had just recently watch Creed) - we decided to rename him to Apollo. Unfortunately he was put down on Christmas Eve. After seemingly being fine up til that point, on Friday after waking up from a nap we noticed that he had completely lost his coordination. He jumped down from his bed which had been on the couch and completely hit the floor. He got up slowly and drunkenly staggered over to our doorway mat and peed, and then staggered back to my girlfriend before just collapsing by her feet. It was around Midnight when that happened so we packed him up in the carrier and took him to an emergency Vet. They said it was likely a neurological disorder, and that they could keep him overnight and refer him to a neurologist - but that it would likely be $6-8 thousand just to potentially get a diagnosis. We couldn't afford it, so they sent us packing with some antibiotics and steroids. He grew weaker and weaker through out the night, and by the morning he was barely able to keep his eyes open let alone move much. We made the decision to surrender him back to the Humane Society since they had more resources to treat him than we did. We had to sign a waiver for a potential Euthanasia in the event that they deemed him untreatable, or unadoptable. We called the next morning and they had already made the decision to put him to sleep.

It turns out that it wasn't a neurological disorder, but FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) which I'm told is a guaranteed death sentence. The person told us that they did an autopsy, and his insides were basically decayed and his body had shut down - which is why he was so weak. We asked how he could seem perfect before a nap, and go down hill so quickly after - and they mentioned that cats are very good at masking symptoms until their bodies hit critical. They looked at his records and said that we should have never been able to adopt him since there were notes about him constantly sneezing (which we noticed), being very vocal, having diarrhea, being a picky eater and being a bit under weight - all of which are huge indicators of the disease. Even though I'm heart broken, I'm glad we adopted him and I'd do it again even if I knew this was the end result. He was honestly the goofiest, friendliest and most loving cat - and I'm sad to see him go.

Here's a photo album of him: https://imgur.com/gallery/r24Il

His favorite hobby in the world was watching movies, which is amazing considering both my girlfriend and I are HUGE movie buffs. We would literally leave our media player on for him when we'd leave for work, and he would sit and watch entire movies. If you paused a movie or turned the television off while he watched it, he would go over to you and meow until you turned it back on. His favorite film of all time was Legally Blonde :)
This shelter does not seem very competent to me. Yes FIPV is a serious health issue but cats can live month up to years with it and enjoy a wonderful time with their owner.

Why to keep them out of the adoption pool is puzzling me (although vet bills will be higher than with others and this must be communicated). Also that they just put down the cat by those few symptoms is rather scary (although according to their statement the right thing to do) and sounds to me like they wanted to save money.

FIPV can also be infectious. If you have other cats in the household they might have gotten infected too and you should desinfect everything before getting a new cat.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017

Shiro, when we picked him up. Insecure, distanced, nervous, very easy to stress, tries to avoid any kind of conflict - subservient over all. Quiet. Very playful!

Then we got a second Deaf cat, because they communicate better. Sadly this cat did not behave Deaf. Ryudo.

Territorial, bossy, noisy (classic Deaf) and he loves attention of any kind. Conflict here we go!

Anju moved in as last member. She is very affectionated, loves humans - strangers and Friends alike -, very interested in children. Dislikes stressy situations such as busy malls, but got better. Hates to drive car. Sensitive stomach in general. Also very subservient, tries to play with shiro from time to time who does not understand.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
How are kings supposed to relate to food? I mean, beagles are said to be good eaters. But that goes for most healthy dogs.

Your naming skills are amazing. 🤣

This shelter does not seem very competent to me. Yes FIPV is a serious health issue but cats can live month up to years with it and enjoy a wonderful time with their owner.

Why to keep them out of the adoption pool is puzzling me (although vet bills will be higher than with others and this must be communicated). Also that they just put down the cat by those few symptoms is rather scary (although according to their statement the right thing to do) and sounds to me like they wanted to save money.

FIPV can also be infectious. If you have other cats in the household they might have gotten infected too and you should desinfect everything before getting a new cat.

Eh, Apollo was very sick. He barely had the energy to get up, and couldn't jump. He would stumble over to his litter box, and I would have to lift him into it. The day I took him to the shelter, his body was basically limp when I'd lift him - and I'd have to manually feed him.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, Apollo was very sick. He barely had the energy to get up, and couldn't jump. He would stumble over to his litter box, and I would have to lift him into it. The day I took him to the shelter, his body was basically limp when I'd lift him - and I'd have to manually feed him.
Cats crash rapidly, if given proper care can recover as fast. The younger the more extrem are the ups and downs.

However, to take those mentioned symptoms as indication for FIPV, say the Kitten is not "adoptable" and euthanize it on a guess (that's what it sounds like, because those symptoms may indicate a lot — from food allergies to cat flu) is a lucky shoot.

It was correct for this kitten, but for many this would have been way too rushed.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
My bestest boy Apollo passed on Friday. He was a month shy of his 13th birthday. I still have my girls but I feel like half of my soul is missing.

EXobjpVWkAIsyyK

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
still a little shy so I do not want to disturb them by taking pics close. 2 male chinchillas, they told me they are about 10 months old. They are barking and complaining because they changed environment. Still learning. Tomorrow it will be their first sand bath.

chinchilah5jrn.jpg

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This may just be the best thread

My lil Lexi slept on my slipper and my heart turned to mush.

My bestest boy Apollo passed on Friday. He was a month shy of his 13th birthday. I still have my girls but I feel like half of my soul is missing.

EXobjpVWkAIsyyK

This is super late (I didnt realize this thread got necro'd as long as it did), but what a beautiful pup you had here. Apollo looked pretty darn happy

sven

Oct 31, 2017
This may just be the best thread

My lil Lexi slept on my slipper and my heart turned to mush.

This is super late (I didnt realize this thread got necro'd as long as it did), but what a beautiful pup you had here. Apollo looked pretty darn happy

Now I'm the one who is super late. Thanks he certainly was both beautiful and spoiled as heck. I miss him very much.

Luckily I have these two ladies to keep me company......

Exv6o44XIAAxh_2

Exv6o44WUAQiP0P

Exv6o44WUAMxVj9

Exv6o43WgAcA6ze

Also Lexi is adorable.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Everyone, say hi to Penny! We just brought her home today.

34I2vmE.jpg

We know she's half Australian Shepherd because she was just born to my mother-in-law's Aussie Shepherd dog 8 weeks ago. (She has two Australian Shepherds on her ranch.)

However, my in laws have no idea where their dog went and got pregnant, so does anyone have a reasonable guess as to what her dad is? The only idea we have is that she's half Great Pyrenees, as there is a large white one nearby. There are some German Shepherds around as well as some other nondescript mutts, but we've only really seen the GP come by my mother-in-law's ranch.

This is her mom:

GTNv7Q9.jpg

This is her and her sister (littermate):

i24mFcZ.jpg

Another picture of her sister:

Q5LZPtZ.jpg

Either way, she is adorable. 😊

Last edited:

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Everyone, say hi to Penny! We just brought her home today.

34I2vmE.jpg

We know she's half Australian Shepherd because she was just born to my mother-in-law's Aussie Shepherd dog 8 weeks ago. (She has two Australian Shepherds on her ranch.)

However, my in laws have no idea where their dog went and got pregnant, so does anyone have a reasonable guess as to what her dad is? The only idea we have is that she's half Great Pyrenees, as there is a large white one nearby. There are some German Shepherds around as well as some other nondescript mutts, but we've only really seen the GP come by my mother-in-law's ranch.

This is her mom:

GTNv7Q9.jpg

Either way, she is adorable. 😊

She is adorable!

Her coloring reminds me of a Shiba Inu.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Bringing this bad boy back…..

Say hello to the newest member of our pack Ace. So far after 3 days with us he has been perfect. Not a single issue as of yet.

FB8hjSSXoAAtYBr

FB8hjSUWYAIu3QE

FB8hjSUXsAcY9wz

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
My dog always acts so confused when the cat wants to cuddle. Almost 3 years and she still doesn't understand.
t56Jk0o.jpg