• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
just going to keep on posting this

qpiejauiekjq.jpg

remorse is not something i associate with this man

Did he delete this tweet?

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
If someone says your name just before doing an unforgivable act that they want everybody in the world talking about, yeah, I think you had something to do with it.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
When you're constantly espousing hateful racist, antisemitic, and misogynistic ideals then someone namedrops you right before going on a murderous rampage, you need to take some fucking responsibility.
I really don't like this logic. It the same logic people use when someone commits terrorist attack in the name of religion and others come and commending all those that fellow that religion and tell them they must take responsibility for it.

READ THIS

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Just like the other thread:

Official Staff Communication
Please do not do the following in this thread:
  • Post any video footage from the event
  • Post or quote any part of any manifesto
  • Link or quote 8ch posts
  • Request any links to any of the above
We're not interested in rewarding the murderer with a platform for his views or an audience for his crimes. We're not interested in giving a platform to 8ch.

If you see any of the above, please report the post in question immediately so a moderator can remove it.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whether or not the shooter was an actual fan of Pewdiepie or was just trying to start shit is irrelevant compared to the larger point that Pewdiepie has given zero shits about pushing alt-right ideologies onto his fanbase; some of which are kids who don't know any better. And this shooting, in addition to many other recent shootings and bomb threats, have come because the alt-right have become emboldened.

He needs to condemn the alt-right, condemn bigotry, and stop pushing assholes like Shapiro on his videos. Otherwise he hasn't learned shit from this.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone says your name just before doing an unforgivable act that they want everybody in the world talking about, yeah, I think you had something to do with it.
No this isn't what the thread is about. He just needed to address more about it than giving a basic response and that's it.

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
PDP could do a lot by condemning the hateful thoughts behind these actions, not just the actions themselves. Especially since he has a younger audience that looks up to him.

I'm sure a lot of people will outwardly (and rightfully ofc) condemn these killings. But I know there are people who condemn the killings who also think shit like Muslims are trying to invade countries. The thoughts need to be called out as well.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
User Banned (2 Weeks): trolling in a sensitive thread
Man, it's really interesting when ResetEra emulates the Twitch Chat. The whole forum becomes almost an entity that has a single opinion.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The very least this multimillionaire shithead could do is donate to the families of those affected.
Thoughts and prayers, y'all.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
I think you are reading this wrong. He worded this in a way that only benefits the right.

He's saying shooting up muslims will cause people to discuss the second amendment more and then left will use this to put pressure on the right.

It really sounds like he's trying to feed propaganda against the left.
It's weird because you can clearly tell he's not being serious when he says Spyro 3 taught him about ethno-nationalism so I do think there is some intentional misdirection in the manifesto here, but where exactly I'm not sure. And like you said, that account is likely cherry picking stuff so the right looks better. That being said, I do believe PDP and other right wing outlets foster hate and need to realize or start caring that their words and actions embolden racists and nationalists.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
Let's be real, this is all by design. He's doing the absolute bare minimum to distance himself from shit like this simply so his status as a Nazi dipshit is plausibly deniable, while clearly signaling to his warped fandom that he has no problem with the beliefs that lead to this event.
You're probably right about this but I'm going to give him a day or two to collect his thoughts before passing my final judgment. I know I'd want at least that much time to collect myself if I was in that position. If he posts anything besides a heartfelt introspection and a promise to do better than I'm officially on the hate train.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Could this not be the start of his road to redemption. Yes I know I'm being naïve and his not going to change but I gotta believe people can change.

I posted a little about what PewDiePie's done here:

Also going to copy in this post this from the other thread:

Even if it is speculation, I'm 100% sure that Pachter is missing the point. I doubt the killer said "subscribe to PewDiePie" because it's Pi day. Maybe that ran through his head, but it's not the main reason.

The main reason is that PewDiePie is a man who has received criticism for jokes where he's wear a Nazi uniform, show a big in-game swastika, pay people to hold up a sign that says "death to jews", as well as for screaming the N-word live over a stream. And his response to that criticism largely consisted of blaming the media. Not to mention how he's had Ben Shapiro as a guest, tweeted a compliment to Stefan Molyneux, received an invitation from Alex Jones, and sat alongside Janus Korwin-Mikke while explaining how women should shut up about income inequality.

It is not hard to figure out why a white supremacist who spends a lot of time on white supremacist websites would voice support for PewDiePie. It's really hard to imagine that it's was just the day.

And I don't even really follow the guy. I inevitably only hear about something stupid he's done, which leads people to tell me about a bunch of other stupid things he's done in the meantime that I've missed.

After all of that and refusing the learn, why would he learn now? What's special about this case? It's not even the first case of violence linked to white supremacy he's talked about; he basically went "oh no i didn't know nazis were real" following the Charlesville riots.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
This isn't a 1 to 1 example, but it really reminds me of those situations when people with large followings on twitter quote tweet someone. The quoted gets attacked by hundreds of people. When confronted, the person with the large following says "Well, I didn't TELL anyone to attack them!" The similarity I'll draw here is, no, PDP never told anyone to do this horrific thing. But to deny that he's been playing toward a crowd that could be motivated to do this type of thing seems difficult. Someone with a large following can do right to lead by example, shut down shit that needs shut down ASAP, and do their best to be an example. PDP turning a blind eye and playing coy to what he's been doing in recent years may not be equivalent to asking someone to commit murder, but there's a lot he could have done to distance himself from this kind of crowd that he simply hasn't.
Fair enough, I just believe in these situation that the killer bears all the blame. Obviously there are precipitating factors but the blame is 100% on the preparator. But that's just my opinion.

Oct 27, 2017
The very least this multimillionaire shithead could do is donate to the families of those affected.
Thoughts and prayers, y'all.

I'm obviously not in their position, but if I was either a friend or family member of the victims effected by this shooting I wouldn't want a damn cent of PDP's blood money. It'd be like getting bought off.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Say what you really mean
I think his kind are physically incapable of that. Or anything else requiring a spine.

He'll get banned, post a pic on whatever trashy backwater corner of the internet he wants to impress, and then be forgotten by both us and the people he's so desperate to get approval from.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
You can't distance yourself from something you helped normalized and even had some "lolz" with. Fuck you, Pewdieshits.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Fair enough, I just believe in these situation that the killer bears all the blame. Obviously there are precipitating factors but the blame is 100% on the preparator. But that's just my opinion.

No, shit like this comes from broken systematic bullshit. The killers are not the only ones at fault here - it goes all the way up the chain of everyone who enables right-wing, white supremacy radicalization and pushes that fucked up ideology, and that includes this shitty Youtuber who openly courts alt-right nazi fuckstains. None of this is in a vacuum.