• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you twelve years old?

The hate Pew and his fans throw at T-series is so problematic. I'm curious if T-series does anything in return? All I've seen are videos of angry white people screaming fuck T-series at some concert, which looks more like a white nationalist rally. It's a bad look considering T-series is a channel that promotes Indian music and all the people who have come out to support Pew against losing the most subscribed channel are white YouTube celebrities.

It feels like a race war and it's sad, because I wouldn't put it past him and his subscribers.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually think that politicians are the cause of this problem. It's easy to win elections with populism and they take advantage of it. These radicalized men would have forgotten about all this crazy shit if conservative media didn't remind them every day. I know it sounds silly but it's impossible to control every radicalized person. Only setting an example and education can help.

No, yeah, I totally agree that the problem is structural and comes primarily from powerful people (of all varieties.) But I dont think we need the manifesto to point is to ben shapiro, the US republican party, ukip, morally bankrupt youtubers like pdp, etc.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only reason why these youtubers are defending him is because their livelihoods could be affected by his actions. It's fucking gross.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If you're friends with people who think certain people shouldn't exist because of the color of their skin and have no problem with such a philosophy, you're a POS. Shit isn't hard.

In 2019 we light up and educate our ignorant friends and if that doesn't work stop being their friend!! They might learn something! It's not hard

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised at the PoS take from PDP and his cohort of shitstains.
When that guy will disappear nothing of value will be lost.
And no PDP giving to charities doesn't mean he gets kudos or whatever.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
it's a bad look for streamers to rally around pdp right now. if you're getting defensive about 49 people dead, you need to take a long look in the mirror
Totally.

I'm exhausted. I've been reading about all this shit since it happened and my mind is not in a healthy place. At the very least we can express ourselves on era and it feels like a place devoid of blind pdp followers(for the most part). That's the only solace I've found when discussing any of this online.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
"B-but both sides ! The leftists are no better !"
For real this is something I heard.
Yeah, is like we are doing something awful in trying to be decent human beings. I can't even recall right now how many times I've been called out for pushing an "diversity/lgbt agenda", and I'm like "nah men, just trying to be a good person and accept everyone".

I've been getting those videos about the "sjw agenda" in Captain Marvel for a week :(

Same, no idea why and even got some thumbnails like "POLITICS FREE REVIEW".

The hate Pew and his fans throw at T-series is so problematic. I'm curious if T-series does anything in return? All I've seen are videos of angry white people screaming fuck T-series at some concert, which looks more like a white nationalist rally. It's a bad look considering T-series is a channel that promotes Indian music and all the people who have come out to support Pew against losing the most subscribed channel are white YouTube celebrities.

It feels like a race war and it's sad, because I wouldn't put it past him and his subscribers.
Yeah, in indsight, this whole PDP vs T-Series war is ridiculous. It is painted as a fight of the "average Youtuber vs the Big corporations", all while ignoring that PewDiePie is the face of the Youtube corporation itself. This people are not supporting the poor content creator vs the big bad corporation. Felix does not need any kind of help promoting his channel, yet this people don't stop doing it (neither Felix told his rabbid fanbase to chill) and grew bigger than PDP itself. It is so sad to see unfold.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the days when PewDiePie was was just some YouTube moron screeching at mentally underdeveloped teenage boys at the periphery of my pop culture awareness.

I miss those days.

Remember that time he was on South Park? Like, not parody of him, but the actual, real, flesh & blood dude? Wonder if they're gonna pull that episode from circulation now like Simpsons did with the Michael Jackson episode.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting those videos about the "sjw agenda" in Captain Marvel for a week :(

It doesn't matter how many leftist videos I thumbs up, or Jordan Peterson/Ben Sharpiro/etc. videos I click Not Interested on. I am recommended something "anti-SJW", alt-right, misogynistic, or just generally fascist every single time I'm on YouTube. It's a fucking cancer. And the platform is unwilling to do anything about it.

They have directly enabled the radicalization of an entire generation of violent, hateful monsters, willing to kill and die for their heinous views.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why anyone follows any YouTuber personality. They are all hyperinsulated people with inflated egos due to having rabid fanbases and no accountability or feedback loop that they would have in a normal job or public position.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that time he was on South Park? Like, not parody of him, but the actual, real, flesh & blood dude? Wonder if they're gonna pull that episode from circulation now like Simpsons did with the Michael Jackson episode.

Do we even know if they're eve going to take out their own MJ themed episodes?

Of course it wasn't the real MJ voicing the character (hell, one of the episodes was about MJ's ghost) but it's not like they condemned him as a pedophile, they joked about it but in the end their narrative was "he's a weird manchild product of the abuse he suffered in his childhood".

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter how many leftist videos I thumbs up, or Jordan Peterson/Ben Sharpiro/etc. videos I click Not Interested on. I am recommended something "anti-SJW", alt-right, misogynistic, or just generally fascist every single time I'm on YouTube. It's a fucking cancer. And the platform is unwilling to do anything about it.

They have directly enabled the radicalization of an entire generation of violent, hateful monsters, willing to kill and die for their heinous views.
It's infuriating but the same for me. At this point it just makes me mad that the only reaction I can have to a video is not interested.
I'm really feeling the need for a "FUCK OF RECOMMENDING ME ANTI SJW GARBAGE TRASHTUBE" or at least a ban channel from ever appearing in my discovery again.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Vic Berger does a really good job of spelling out the connections between ideas spread by celebrity propagandists and their deflections when people act on that "information":

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's infuriating but the same for me. At this point it just makes me mad that the only reaction I can have to a video is not interested.
I'm really feeling the need for a "FUCK OF RECOMMENDING ME ANTI SJW GARBAGE TRASHTUBE" or at least a ban channel from ever appearing in my discovery again.

Oh my god yes, the fucking YouTube algorithm keeps giving me that kind of shit.
"Oh, you're watching a video about 'Murder, She Wrote', why don't you take a look at this video by BELOVED RACIST GAMING ICON JONTRON?!" literally happened to me just last week.

OP
OP
Sinder

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
care to tell? I always suspected that a part of markplier persona was an act but how is he irl?

This was in 2013 at Comic-Con San Diego. I was working photography and doing video interviews at a booth he was signing autographs at. I had no idea who he was at the time, I introduced myself and said my name, he didn't say his back (likely assumed I knew of him) and was just a smug asshole when I tried to talk to him. Just had this repellent superiority factor with the other people at the booth that of course goes away the moment a fan comes up to him. I've met dozens of people just like him and worse in LA, but its hilarious seeing how disingenuous his act is on Twitter and YouTube.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Thank you for compiling this, added to threadmarks. This is pretty blatantly damning.

Like if there's anyone still somehow thinking that he's just about "edgy jokes", well, try defending that shit.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it's probably just a dumb, innocent manchild who doesn't know any better, guys. /rolls eyes

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly. And if you click on the video and downvote it, that still counts as engagement so they'll show you even more.

We should have backed fucking Vimeo.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Totally.

I'm exhausted. I've been reading about all this shit since it happened and my mind is not in a healthy place. At the very least we can express ourselves on era and it feels like a place devoid of blind pdp followers(for the most part). That's the only solace I've found when discussing any of this online.

this is me but ERA isn't helping either, lot of people here are just as dense

Oct 27, 2017
Vic Berger does a really good job of sardonically spelling out the connections between ideas spread by celebrity propagandists and their deflections when people act on that "information":

For way too long the right has been allowed to spew straight up lies and have spent decades radicalizing people on the right.

Hate speech is not free speech and cunts like shapiro, candace owen, etc should be stopped before more internet radicalized terrorists injure/kill innocent people.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Cuban Jew here, I think people often cite the world as "more easily offended" than it was before when, actually there are just more voices in the room.

It means a lot, everything, when allies use their voices to support us. As you said, it takes SO LITTLE to renounce this shit, and it really hurts when people don't.
Yep. The real scourge is the rise of anti-PC and anti-"SJW" communities. We're not more easily offended. We're just louder because we have the same tools that people who spread bigotry do. We have the opportunity to say the truth and the true nemesis of our progress isn't our anger or emotions or our lack of "civility" but apathy and the excusing or disguising of hate speech as some how reasonable.

Oh my god yes, the fucking YouTube algorithm keeps giving me that kind of shit.
"Oh, you're watching a video about 'Murder, She Wrote', why don't you take a look at this video by BELOVED RACIST GAMING ICON JONTRON?!" literally happened to me just last week.
It's a good opportunity to post this video again:

YT and so many tech companies hide behind the algorithm and the algorithm is boosting true vileness into ever computer screen, TV and phone across the world.

lazerface66

Jan 9, 2018
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I fucking hate nazis and pewdiepie is a stupid internet personality, but blaming him for the other idiot that did the shooting is like saying that marilyn manson is responsible for columbine. Or saying that violent video games create mass shooters. I get it, everybody hates the guy, he did a lot of stupid shit, but turning this fucking tragedy into another circle-jerk about him is incredibly disrespectful towards the people that lost their lives today.

OP
OP
Sinder

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I fucking hate nazis and pewdiepie is a stupid internet personality, but blaming him for the other idiot that did the shooting is like saying that marilyn manson is responsible for columbine. Or saying that violent video games create mass shooters. I get it, everybody hates the guy, he did a lot of stupid shit, but turning this fucking tragedy into another circle-jerk about him is incredibly disrespectful towards the people that lost their lives today.

Actually, its incredibly disrespectful to not analyze where this shooting came from, and PDP is one of many ingredients that led to it. So take your "hopes and prayers"-equivalent bullshit to a different fucking forum that likes burying its head in the sand or outright lying about the alt-right.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
this is me but ERA isn't helping either, lot of people here are just as dense
I'm sorry :(
I hope you, at the very least , can express your thoughts through this discourse without feeling like you're falling on deaf ears. Even if I'm not responding to every comment I've read everything and agree with you. I believe a lot of era members are on the same side here.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This fucking guy. I don't really follow this guy or comment much if at all on PDP threads, but I'm just sick of seeing this guy's name now. Like first one of his fans defaces a WW2 memorial and now another one shoots up a Mosque.

If this guy was serious about being sorry, he should reflect and stop promoting far right individuals. Even if he's not a far right person, he should try to alienate these fans instead of exploiting them for monetary gain.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If only this had been addressed in the eighteen pages like thirty other times already...

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I think I already wrote this three times on this thread but, this is not blaming PDP on what happened, and if you care about the other details, on EtcetERA you can find a general thread about the situation. What is being discussed here is how people like PewDiePie and the Alt-Right enables hate speech/white supremacy and his spreading while doing next to nothing about it, making all this stuff normalized under the "is just memes" banner.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Youtube/twitter/facebook

if these three platforms disappear , i guaran fucking tee you there will be a a lot less shitbags on the internet
But then other Silicon Valley platforms will rise up and take their place but won't want any accountability either. Just rely on our lord and saviour algorithm to save us from ourselves.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

VibrantAlarmedFowl-max-1mb.gif

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry :(
I hope you, at the very least , can express your thoughts through this discourse without feeling like you're falling on deaf ears. Even if I'm not responding to every comment I've read everything and agree with you. I believe a lot of era members are on the same side here.

it's whatever man, the world is going to hell anyways

last 5+ years has been the rise of populism across the entire world, amplified by every dumb piece of shit having a voice on the internet and now here we are

really feels like the tipping point before we cross the point of no return

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Literally NOBODY is blaming him for this, but the fact that the person who did this looks up to him and shouted him out before doing this should be MORE than enough for him to step back and realize the horrible influence he is on young people. What would be the harm in him taking a year or two break from the internet and kind of waiting until this cult of personality around him has died down? What would be so bad about that? Him continuing on with his Youtube channel after this is WAY more disrespectful to the victims than any kind of discussion about his influence will ever be.

lazerface66

Jan 9, 2018
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Actually, its incredibly disrespectful to not analyze where this shooting came from, and PDP is one of many ingredients that led to it. So take your "hopes and prayers"-equivalent bullshit to a different fucking forum that likes burying its head in the sand or outright lying about the alt-right.
If you think that this shooting came from some stupid thing that pewdiepie, that idiot, did, then i'm sorry, my friend, but you're wrong. Usually, these cases are much deeper than some stupid alt-right bullshit and have more to do with mental health and social issues. It's really easy to pin the blame on whatever the fuck is easiest in your little circle, though. And I'm not saying the guy isn't a problem, he did some horrendous shit in the last couple of years. And nationalism is this generation's worst sickness, but this thread won't fix that and I restate the fact that it's really disrespectful for everybody that died.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
it's whatever man, the world is going to hell anyways

last 5+ years has been the rise of populism across the entire world, amplified by every dumb piece of shit having a voice on the internet and now here we are

really feels like the tipping point before we cross the point of no return
It's true. Don't know what country you reside in, I'm American, but it's fucked everywhere as far as I can tell. I don't even see a glimpse of it getting better before it gets even worse. I've felt especially helpless lately watching it all go to hell .

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why anyone follows any YouTuber personality. They are all hyperinsulated people with inflated egos due to having rabid fanbases and no accountability or feedback loop that they would have in a normal job or public position.
That is unfair. There are decent people on YT.

OP
OP
Sinder

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
If you think that this shooting came from some stupid thing that pewdiepie, that idiot, did, then i'm sorry, my friend, but you're wrong. Usually, these cases are much deeper than some stupid alt-right bullshit and have more to do with mental health and social issues. It's really easy to pin the blame on whatever the fuck is easiest in your little circle, though. And I'm not saying the guy isn't a problem, he did some horrendous shit in the last couple of years. And nationalism is this generation's worst sickness, but this thread won't fix that and I restate the fact that it's really disrespectful for everybody that died.

Read the fucking threadmarks and educate yourself. You fucking fools just love coming into a room without knowing a single fucking thing and just spouting off. You're not doing anything for the victims.