• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking christ, did he seriously tweet that?

pewd-1yak28.png

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I used to really like his content when he was on Kindafunny and before on IGN. But it's become clearer and clearer that he either purposely defends people like pewdiepie, Ben Shapiro, Paul Ryan because he agrees with their viewpoints. Or he's a moron who doesn't understand that the shit that they say influences a shit ton of people. I don't remember him always being a shit lord but maybe he was always this way and I never noticed.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PewDiePie does not realize that his infinite platform gives him a moral responsibility to use his power wisely. That, or he doesn't care.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to really like his content when he was on Kindafunny and before on IGN. But it's become clearer and clearer that he either purposely defends people like pewdiepie, Ben Shapiro, Paul Ryan because he agrees with their viewpoints. Or he's a moron who doesn't understand that the shit that they say influences a shit ton of people. I don't remember him always being a shit lord but maybe he was always this way and I never noticed.

Always been a shit stain. I think he was being protected by IGN's corporate image, but his personality has always been irredeemable.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, it's really interesting when ResetEra emulates the Twitch Chat. The whole forum becomes almost an entity that has a single opinion.

So you're one of those people who desperately want to stand out by having an different opinion and thus would even go so far as to support people like Pewdiepie who seem to struggle to denounce nazis and white supremecist, but has no problems at all to support their "jokes" and memes huh?

Get the fuck outta here with that trash attitude, come back after growing up

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
And he didn't feel "absolutely sickened" when people told him he was linking white nationalists, instead he rolled with the narrative of overreaction.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He is complicit, the Collin guy with his "don't touch ma stuff" snake flag supporting him comfirms it.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
This guy is just way too toxic and he thrives because of it. He's not going to change and I doubt he'll condemn any of the ideological problems involved here. I hope his channel dies soon.

Oct 25, 2017
God Felix and Colin are garbage people.

I am not gonna check but I imagine known ant enthusiast and disgraced game journalist Ian Miles Cheong has probably come to Pewds defense.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Oh he's always been that way. I used to watch him on Kinda Funny, never on ign, but on Kinda Funny he always held some highly unintelligent opinions regarding quite a few subjects. He's the type of person that always flaunted his history focused education and convinced his followers he knew what he was talking about but I always saw right through him. Just like pewdiepie, he's garnered and groomed some truly alt right shit bags as followers. I was SO glad when Greg Miller ,and whoever else made the call , kicked his ass out of their show and separated themselves from him.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Seeing all these big YouTubers coming to his defense on Twitter is just pathetic

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
No, shit like this comes from broken systematic bullshit. The killers are not the only ones at fault here - it goes all the way up the chain of everyone who enables right-wing, white supremacy radicalization and pushes that fucked up ideology, and that includes this shitty Youtuber who openly courts alt-right nazi fuckstains. None of this is in a vacuum.
A did say there were precipitating factors, Upbringing, environment, whether someone was abused etc. I acknowledge it's everything doesn't happen in a vacuum. I'm just wondering do you accept that the same logic can be used when the preparator is a religious zealot for example.

Oct 27, 2017
You spend years catering to these people and cultivating their interest in your channel, and when one of these psychos goes and does what they always say they're gonna do, you try to wash your hands clean of this?

Fuck off, Felix. Along with everyone who's trying to rationalize, defend and normalize this shit.

A did say there were precipitating factors, Upbringing, environment, whether someone was abused etc. I acknowledge it's everything doesn't happen in a vacuum. I'm just wondering do you accept that the same logic can be used when the preparator is a religious zealot for example.

What about these other, unrelated things, though?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
God Felix and Colin are garbage people.

I am not gonna check but I imagine known ant enthusiast and disgraced game journalist Ian Miles Cheong has probably come to Pewds defense.

God, that point just makes me sad. Folk like PewDiePie will never grow up, meanwhile Ian Miles Cheong proves you can certainly grow down.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
There are too many influencers out there who have forgotten the definition of that word. I sincerely hope Felix has learned the power of his words and his actions.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lots of fucking alt right cowards in this thread defending their shit infested court jester. You all ain't slick coming out of the wood work trying to act like you have something insightful and eloquent to say about human behavior and societal expectations/conditioning.

Fucking pathetic.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
So now we have shootings streamed online?

PDP is a piece of shit of our own creation. We, as a society, have given him the platform and freedom to spread his poison.
We have made football players into millionaires and we can't accept they haved raped.
Pedophile singers with huge fan bases who deny the truth because they grew up with his songs.
Video game streamers spreading nazism as their political opinions matter...

I'll leave here my worthless advice:
Stop making entertainers your heroes.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'd also remind that PewDiePie already learned the consequences of his words when he got called out for rape jokes in, what, 2012?

This ain't his first rodeo.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
This is a real picture from his Instagram that he posted. Edit: In January *

What the actual fuck.

avBMrfk.png

Edit: Crossed out the names of the other users *

Last edited:

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
You spend years catering to these people and cultivating their interest in your channel, and when one of these psychos goes and does what they always say they're gonna do, you try to wash your hands clean of this?

Fuck off, Felix. Along with everyone who's trying to rationalize, defend and normalize this shit.

What about these other, unrelated things, though?
You can't see how someone logic can be turned against them. Please follow the chain of the conversation back. You will see that I'm uncomfortable with this train of thought precisely because of the example I stated.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
the people defending him are unbelievably stupid. your words matter when you have a platform.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
When was that instagram post made?!

(I don't have an Instagram account, as I'm anti-Facebook).

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Watch everyone around him act all confused and beleaguered when yet another round of advertising drops off YouTube.