• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Why are you all respdonding to them?

I mean if he's going to maintain that he's being serious, I'm going to push him on his position.

In what world is calling someone a white supremacist role model defending them?

Arguing that the majority of Ben Shapiro fans are not white supremacists (or at the very least, indifferent/casually supportive of them) is defending what Ben Shapiro is. This is on top of him saying he doesn't dislike Shapiro because of the content, but because of his fanbase. That implies if it wasn't for the fan base, everything would be fine.

ShiftyHermit

Oct 27, 2017
Do NOT take people at their word. That's how you end up with people like this. He repeatedly does/says things that a good person wouldn't. When he gets called out on it, he replies with "it's just a joke guys, of course I don't like stuff like this!" or "I'm sickened by this". Except the behavior never changes. His actions betray his words in every instance.

To be completely honest based off of his popularity and his repeated offenses regarding hate propaganda and/or hate speech, Google should ban him from YouTube. Stop giving filth like this a platform to make a crap ton of money. But they won't because of greed, and he brings in a lot of money for them also.

It would really be refreshing if people and companies started doing what was right and good simply because it is the right thing to do.

When people are killing in your name, literally.....this shit has to stop.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
R.I.P

Nice to know Satine at least 'liked' the site for about 30 minutes I guess.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
This whole thing with PewDiePie should be a lesson to parents that nothing of a racist/sexist/hateful/shitty nature should just be taken lightly and treated as a "kids will grow out of it" phase because they don't. You say that shit ironically for so long that it just becomes something you say/believe unironically pretty easily and quickly. PewDiePie's entire brand has been about saying this shit as a joke and the people that latched onto him don't take it as a joke, so the top Youtuber with millions and millions of followers pushing this shit should be something Youtube takes a hard look at about how they want to handle this insidious type of awful shit that comes with the videos that on face value look like harmless Let's Plays of games, but are not that far off from the typical neo nazi agenda-pushing videos that Youtube claims they're getting rid of. Youtube has a huge problem on their hands and they don't seem to want to make the hard choices for the sake of their advertisers that are continuously dropping like flies when they learn what they're really supporting.

Colin Moriarty jumping on the defense force frontlines is just hilarious because of course he'd insert himself into this whole thing.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Is there a tweet with this being passed around? I'd like to retweet it.
I just found these pictures on here. Feel free to use them in a tweet yourself.
Heres hope the media will dig deeper into Pewdiepies content in the coming days to really bring to light how common the alt-right dogwhistles were in his content.
And I also think its necessary to really look into the shooters manifesto and compare it to the many right wing/alt-right talking points about muslims and immigration to show people how this stuff clearly inspires the hatred that leads to the violence we saw.

Edit: The last part should have already happened after Anders Breivik killed almost 80 kids in Norway.
His manifesto basically read like the average party program of Europes right wing populist parties.
Yet, despite clearly inspiring this violence, all they have to do is offering a half assed condemnation and they get away with it.

I already saw a member of the far right, anti-immigrant AfD blame the Christchurch attacks on leftists and environmentalists because apparently the shooter mentioned overpopulation(due to the high fertility rates in some non-white populations) as a problem and called himself and eco-fascist.
And, unsurprisingly, I already got a few twitter responses claiming the terrorist was "left wing".(probably based on that eco-stuff, because protecting the climate is apparently a left wing issue in some peoples minds)

The amount of damage control from the right that popped up in such a short period of time is astonishing. They know this is on them.

Last edited:

Hungry_Man

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
User Banned (permanent): Downplaying hate speech
As far as I can tell from the bits of the manifesto I've gleened online from this sick fucks manifesto it seems the intention behind this terrorist attack was to cause division, to turn people against each other, much like any other act of terror. Included in the manifesto is ridiculous shit like ''spyro 3 taught me ethnocentrism'', this is all just to cause division the PewDiePie shit is irrelevant. Now you see here people talking about what jokes should and shouldn't be said when I believe that limiting what anyone can say in any capacity is dangerous.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
As far as I can tell from the bits of the manifesto I've gleened online from this sick fucks manifesto it seems the intention behind this terrorist attack was to cause division, to turn people against each other, much like any other act of terror. Included in the manifesto is ridiculous shit like ''spyro 3 taught me ethnocentrism'', this is all just to cause division the PewDiePie shit is irrelevant. Now you see here people talking about what jokes should and shouldn't be said when I believe that limiting what anyone can say in any capacity is dangerous.

"I hope you and your family dies. Death to the family of Hungry_Man!"

Please don't report me. It is dangerous to limit what I can say to you. It was just a joke! I swear!

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
(this is why I'm starting to like this site)
That makes perfect sense, and he does need to make a full response to what has happened.
No. A response isn't adequate if it means continuing business as usual, and for him, business as usual means flagrantly flirting with bigoted rhetoric and people. That's not what he needs to do. He needs to evaluate his ACTIONS as a whole, alter the course of his behavior, continuously acknowledge the impact of his previous actions, and actively curate his work to ensure that level of mainstream racism is never present again.

None of that will happen. He will continue to push his genuine bigotry to an energetic crowd of impressionable people in a platform that should have removed him two years ago, while introducing them to increasingly more extreme venues and figureheads that perpetuate hate.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
If you go on /Pol/ where this asshole originated you can see these crazy people literally saying ''lol These memes will speed up the race war'' shouting out some YouTuber is no different from including the navy seal copy pasta in his manifesto it's all misdirection

Are you here to deny that PDP actively has been courting an alt-right audience and himself has engaged in hateful rhetoric, and that it's just a "coincidence" that the killer decided he would name him?

Also if you are actively browsing /pol/ no one should take you seriously. No one.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
What do you believe the point is?
why the lot of you come straight into this thread while ignoring everything said, there are plenty of marked posts that will tell you that we know that PDP isn't responsible for this tragedy but he is a alt right/nazi enabler nonetheless and his behavior feed this lunatics.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017

You need to read the whole thing. The worrying part of this whole thing is he is not crazy or disturbed or even full of hatred. He is sane, grounded and clear. This terrorist was even jovial, making jokes which the Spyro comment clearly was and noted as so. He was clear about what his 'jokes' were. His mention of PDP was not a joke. Whether he actually likes PDP or not is irrelevant. He knows alt-right nationalist are drawn to PDP whether that's by design or not.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if YouTube could use this as a good reason to ban this sack of shit. Guess with his 89 million subscribers that would hit their bottom line.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
And just for the sake of it. Here's some videos going into why the multiple people on this list of follows are scumbags who perpetuate hate, bigotry and white supremacy:
From Three Arrows on:
Ben Sharpio
Jordan Peterson

From Shaun on:
Stephan Molyneux
Lauren Southern: 1 & 2
Paul Joseph Watson: 1 & 2
General Alt-Right All-Stars

From H.Bomberguy on:
Various
and just for the hell of it PDP himself

From ContraPoints on:
Various & More

I could post more and probably will after a bit of breakfast. But this already is just the surface scrapings of the depths that PDP's posse sinks to.

More as promised:

Anti-Social Media on:
Paul Joseph Watson
And more PJW

Peter Coffin on:
Jordan Peterson feat. PDP
General

More Three Arrows on Ben Shapiro & General

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Colin Moriarty jumping on the defense force frontlines is just hilarious because of course he'd insert himself into this whole thing.[/QUOTE said:
Colin Moriarty..now that's a name I haven't heard in forever. Checked his twitter to find out that I'm blocked by him for some 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

Dec 2, 2017
Seriously?

Hungry_Man

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
But what if he had said it to an audience of 80 million people and combined it with rhetoric about how "the family of hungry_man" will replace them and bring violence to their country and rape their wives and daughters?
I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong here, but I think that you cant say hes totally responsible that one of the 80 million people who subscribed to him got memed into believing that the joke was more than what it was. Now I haven't watched a lot of PewDiePie or anything but from what I've seen I assume it was said with tongue firmly in cheek.

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
But of course Colin Moriarty has to insert himself into this. Complete and total piece of garbage.

Hungry_Man

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
You need to read the whole thing. The worrying part of this whole thing is he is not crazy or disturbed or even full of hatred. He is sane, grounded and clear. This terrorist was even jovial, making jokes which the Spyro comment clearly was and noted as so. He was clear about what his 'jokes' were. His mention of PDP was not a joke. Whether he actually likes PDP or not is irrelevant. He knows alt-right nationalist are drawn to PDP whether that's by design or not.
Can you pm it to me, I thought all of it was basically him just trolling

HiredN00bs

Oct 25, 2017
Laurel, MD
When you couch it as "I don't necessarily dislike his content, it's just that dang fanbase of his. (Who are still mostly just good people who love free speech and debate, by the way.)"
How are we defining good people? I would say I know conservatives who are good people. They're my friends and family. The world of pop politicking has little to do with their day-in, day-out goings-on. The bigotry that finds its way into their politics is born of ignorance, and when they cross a life experience that contradicts their political model, they shed that ignorant belief.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nop.

The nazi philosophy was that every single human whould be tall, white and blond.

It was an atack against all races.

Edit:And blue eyes.

No.
That is simply the ideal image of a role model example of the "Aryan race". A lot of Nazis weren't blonde or had blue eyes though, Hitler himself had dark brown hair.
The Nazi ideology is simply that Germanic peoples are the master race. That's all there is to it. They considered all Germanic/Nordic peoples to be superior, considered various other peoples to be a step below (French, British, several Mediterranean peoples such as Italians and Persians) but still good, and also respected Chinese and Japanese.
Subhumans included Jews, Roma/Sinti and Slavic peoples that were to be exterminated or expelled. They were targeting a specific group of peoples as being subhuman that were to be removed.
Obviously they used things like looks or names as determining factor whether someone was subhuman. But it wasn't just blonde, fair-skinned, blue-eyed and tall that was considered "Aryan" - it just was admirable traits.

And the thing is, even though today's alt-right/white supremacy does not condemn Slavs like the German Nazis did, it still follows the same footsteps, the same ideals, the same rhetoric, the same end goal - violence and genocide against those deemed subhuman. The only difference is that brown people have now taken the place of Slavs because Slavs are white, and Putin also is a very powerful and influential ally of these hatemonger groups.

Hungry_Man

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
why the lot of you come straight into this thread while ignoring everything said, there are plenty of marked posts that will tell you that we know that PDP isn't responsible for this tragedy but he is a alt right/nazi enabler nonetheless and his behavior feed this lunatics.
What is the collective 'we'? I asked you for your opinion not the general consensus on the website

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
Can you pm it to me, I thought all of it was basically him just trolling

The site that I found it on had it taken down andI haven't found another yet. He most certainly wasn't trolling. He did make jokes, but he wanted to be very clear to not leave any questions behind his motives. He answered everything openly and honestly. I mean it all boils down to tribalism, traditions and other meaningless bullshit. He's a piece of garbage, but an honest one.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh buzz off with that. You got miffed when someone said Dr Seuss was more substantive than Jordan Peterson in a thread so its pretty clear what your motives are. Go back to 4/8chan.

Doctor Seuss will open their eyes or at least the colorful pictures will keep their attention.
Wow get a load of this asshole

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong here, but I think that you cant say hes totally responsible that one of the 80 million people who subscribed to him got memed into believing that the joke was more than what it was. Now I haven't watched a lot of PewDiePie or anything but from what I've seen I assume it was said with tongue firmly in cheek.
It doesn't matter if his "tounge was in his cheek". PDP chooses to have that platform. Just because he isn't actually responsible for the actions of every single subscriber doesn't mean he doesn't have a duty to watch what he says. The reason we hold institutions like Fox News accountable is because they lie, misrepresent and spread the very fear that stokes the fire of bigotry. They light the match and wait for the fireworks. The reason Alex Jones is in hot water right now is because his reporting on Sandy Hook victims still produced a contingent who viciously went after them. He doesn't get to hide behind the fact that he was just saying stuff and isn't responsible for the actions of his viewers. The reason people call out Trump in the wake of his Charllottesville BS or calling Mexicans rapists or black countries shit holes is because that wide reach will end up reinforcing the beliefs of bigots. In PDP's case his "Death to all Jews" bs is not a "joke". Claiming it's tongue and cheek is simply a dodge. There's no joke there. There's no other layers. There isn't any depth beyond the fact that the genocide of Jewish people is something funny. Putting that out to millions is fucking irresponsible and gross. This is without even going into how it affects Jewish viewers. Are they supposed to laugh? I certianly wouldn't be laughing if there was a sign around saying "I want to lynch black people". Something so base makes it a prime target to be internalized by people who are already bigoted.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
The bigotry that finds its way into their politics is born of ignorance, and when they cross a life experience that contradicts their political model, they shed that ignorant belief.

This is not, nor has it ever, been true. Ever.

Like, it's been scientifically proven that when confronted with a reality that does not conform to their world view, they do not actually learn, they retreat even further into their beliefs.

Conservative politics, for at least the last 40 years, has had bigotry as it's base and driving instinct. That is the defining trait.

Hungry_Man

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
It doesn't matter if his "tounge was in his cheek". PDP chooses to have that platform. Just because he isn't actually responsible for the actions of every single subscriber doesn't mean he doesn't have a duty to watch what he says. The reason we hold institutions like Fox News accountable is because they lie, misrepresent and spread the very fear that stokes the fire of bigotry. They light the match and wait for the fireworks. The reason Alex Jones is in hot water right now is because his reporting on Sandy Hook victims still produced a contingent who viciously went after them. He doesn't get to hide behind the fact that he was just saying stuff and isn't responsible for the actions of his viewers. The reason people call out Trump in the wake of his Charllottesville BS or calling Mexicans rapists or black countries shit holes is because that wide reach will end up reinforcing the beliefs of bigots. In PDP's case his "Death to all Jews" bs is not a "joke". Claiming it's tongue and cheek is simply a dodge. There's no joke there. There's no other layers. There isn't any depth beyond the fact that the genocide of Jewish people is something funny. Putting that out to millions is fucking irresponsible and gross. This is without even going into how it affects Jewish viewers. Are they supposed to laugh? I certianly wouldn't be laughing if there was a sign around saying "I want to lynch black people". Something so base makes it a prime target to be internalized by people who are already bigoted.
You cannot hold the president, those who claim to be sources of news and a YouTuber who's primary content is playing video games to the same standard in regards to watching what they say.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
How are we defining good people? I would say I know conservatives who are good people. They're my friends and family. The world of pop politicking has little to do with their day-in, day-out goings-on. The bigotry that finds its way into their politics is born of ignorance, and when they cross a life experience that contradicts their political model, they shed that ignorant belief.

"Let me guess they don't hate minorities! They just want lower taxes"?

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
You cannot hold the president, those who claim to be sources of news and a YouTuber who's primary content is playing video games to the same standard in regards to watching what they say.

PDP has more subscribers than some countries have citizens.

He literally has more followers than actual heads of states.

If anything he should be held to an even higher standard.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Conservatives are those who aim to defend the status quo and the privileged few who benefit from it. By definition, conservatives are detrimental to a just and equal society.

All conservatives can get fucked for all i care.