• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully someday this idiot gets coming what he deserves as in lots of bad karma and events happening to him so he finally learns something or be miserable so we can enjoy. Narcasists are the worst.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you have to resort to name calling?

I'm just saying that the blame should not be shifted from the true culprit in this tragedy. It's moronic.

But okay, side with the echo chamber group-think mob.
Man all the keywords coming out now. Got the group think, echo chamber. Tell us how you really feel.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Why do you have to resort to name calling?

I'm just saying that the blame should not be shifted from the true culprit in this tragedy. It's moronic.

But okay, side with the echo chamber group-think mob.
Who's shifting the blame? No one is calling for PDP to be arrested right alongside the shooter. Acting like holding PDP accountable to the rhetoric he spreads isn't shifting the blame. People admonished PDP before and now because the way he behaves, the things he defended and the people he chose to associate with and accept support from are all things that don't exist in a vacuum. He pitched in with a multitude of other people in media to create a culture that produces these violent bigots.

wubbyz

Oct 27, 2017
How tf does pewdiepie have anything to do with literally murdering people. If a terrorist blows up a bus and yells go lakers should i presume lebron's feet will be put to the fire?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Remember everyone, tragedies only happen in a vacuum. There's nothing that contributes to them and if you believe otherwise then you're a fucking hypocrite.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean how is it PDPs fault that some lunatic are murdering people?

It is like blaming violent video games on school shootings.
I don't even like Pewdiepie, but holy hell, there is no pleasing you people.
PewDiePie is a sick goddamn idiot

But anyone throwing any blame on him for this is hypocritical as fuck, this is EXACTLY like blaming violence on video games.
More of these cowardly fucks making excuses for abhorrent behavior. The amount of stupidity on display here is astounding

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Aw poor Felix is sickened by the fact that the shooter said his name. How about being sickened by the fact that your bullshit is a direct contributing factor to the attack?

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech.
I don't even like Pewdiepie, but holy hell, there is no pleasing you people.
Yeah the absolute state of this thread. If I didn't know any better I'd say we're back in the 90s, blaming Marylin Manson for all things terrible.

I can't believe some people are actually accusing PDP of being the main enabler of this horrible shit.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
PDP didn't commit any violence. He contributes to the rhetoric and the perpetuation of the culture that produces violent offenders. By pretending things like Nazism are laughing matters he breeds people who buy into the rhetoric, spread it, reinforce it and galvanize those who commit this kind of violence. By not admonishing the people in those groups who see him as a fucking hero, he continues a trend that already exists of people seeing that it's OK to stick to your beliefs about the inferiority of "undesirable" people. PDP had a simple job: Make sure that people watching his videos understand that white supremacy is wrong, bigotry is sick and equality is something that should be sought by everyone. Something that should be simple if you actually understand the stakes of what is going on, have empathy and are actually invested in bettering the world but he chose to double down time and time again. There is no single through line from PDP to this mass shooter but PDP contributes to the pitcher of water that makes up the kool-aid that people just like these maniacs drink from. Just like Alex Jones & Beitbart & Milo Y. & Richard Spencer, and on.
I sometimes get the feeling that there are a lot of people out there who feel like they've accomplished something in the fight against bigotry by somehow going their entire lives without setting fire to a synagogue, and when they see someone like PewDiePie getting flack for silly little things like a pattern of behaviour years long of boosting figures associated with white supremacy, using slurs and white supremacy imagery himself in entertainment for teenagers, and then attacking the media for criticizing him for it, these people then have to rush to defend him else they themselves be proven not to be the valiant champions of the weak that they thought they were.
OP thread mark these plz
[

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the absolute state of this thread. If I didn't know any better I'd say we're back in the 90s, blaming Marylin Manson for all things terrible.

I can't believe some people are actually accusing PDP of being the main enabler of this horrible shit.
FUUUUCKKK OOOOFOFFFFFFf

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
How tf does pewdiepie have anything to do with literally murdering people. If a terrorist blows up a bus and yells go lakers should i presume lebron's feet will be put to the fire?
The Lakers would have to answer for something if they regularly produced mass-reaching content that made fun of or lampooned the lives of victims of bombings. They don't though so your example doesn't hold.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

And so are you. A fucking idiot twat.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Did he command that ? No. Was he passively supporting that kind of people ? Yes.
Here's your answer. This guy didn't talked about PDP out of nothing but because he is seen as a supportive figure of their behaviour and thinking and PDP never tried to distance himself from these people.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
PDP didn't commit any violence. He contributes to the rhetoric and the perpetuation of the culture that produces violent offenders. By pretending things like Nazism are laughing matters he breeds people who buy into the rhetoric, spread it, reinforce it and galvanize those who commit this kind of violence. By not admonishing the people in those groups who see him as a fucking hero, he continues a trend that already exists of people seeing that it's OK to stick to your beliefs about the inferiority of "undesirable" people. PDP had a simple job: Make sure that people watching his videos understand that white supremacy is wrong, bigotry is sick and equality is something that should be sought by everyone. Something that should be simple if you actually understand the stakes of what is going on, have empathy and are actually invested in bettering the world but he chose to double down time and time again. There is no single through line from PDP to this mass shooter but PDP contributes to the pitcher of water that makes up the kool-aid that people just like these maniacs drink from. Just like Alex Jones & Beitbart & Milo Y. & Richard Spencer, and on.

THANK YOU. The fact that all it would take is for him in his videos to blast anyone that practices this violence against others is a despicable person he'd want nothing to do with would have cut down on quite a bit of this shit. Such a simple thing, and that he chooses not to speaks volumes.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
PewDiePie is a sick goddamn idiot

But anyone throwing any blame on him for this is hypocritical as fuck, this is EXACTLY like blaming violence on video games.
It's almost like real people have more influence than fictional video games.

I know, that's hard for you to understand, but try to keep up. These people are known as "influencers" for a reason. Promote hate, get hate.

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's no hill I'm dying on. Just speaking facts and calling out hypocrisy.

You think I give a fuck about pewdiepie?
Well alright, ignoring the false equivalency you included above... No one here is blaming PDP for this attack, they're blaming him for aiding and abetting in the spreading of a clearly harmful ideology. His actions in the past are indefensible, and given that he has had numerous opportunities to revise the way he acts and failed to do so, only makes it clear that he's not willing to.

The attacker here, specifically mentioning his name before massacring 30? 40? people should be evidence enough. He should be de-platformed.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Take a fucking sociology class or even a history class. Fucking clueless shit you constantly keep posting is exhausting. People are creatures of their environment.
When you think about it it's incredible that someone can think that people form ideas/beliefs all on their own, without any outside influence. Like how much of an idiot do you have to be to believe that. It's fucking insane.

Nov 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech.
It is absolutely self-evident that this horrible act would never have happened without the influence of Pewdiepie. Just as JD Salinger is directly to blame for the murder of John Lennon. Therefore the good people in this thread are completely justified in attacking and insulting those who would claim otherwise.

/s

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Well. Fucking. Said. Thank you.

OP
OP
Sinder

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
It's like some of you failed basic critical thinking skills. Jesus Christ.

That's a big part of it, I also don't know how anyone who graduated college could believe shooters exist in a vacuum. Just no awareness whatsoever about how people grow up and how important influences around them are. Just a dumb fuck black and white view of the world.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for that.
I think we all agree that PDP doesn't want that anyone gets hurt by his shit ot his fans or whatnot. But he allures to these people and normalizes hatred by his content, like any other hateful content that is spread over all kinds of media.

Deleted member 49132

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
It's almost like real people have more influence than fictional video games.

I know, that's hard for you to understand, but try to keep up. These people are known as "influencers" for a reason. Promote hate, get hate.
So what about the other millions of people who watch that clown and ARENT shooting up churches?