• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
3 posts.

You people need to get a personality of your own. Y'all sound like copycat drones. A copy of a copy. Imagine vicariously living your life through an ignorant racist shithead like sewerpie. Imagine the feeling when the truth of what you've been doing with your life finally hits you.

Almost like a... NPC

thinking-face_1f914.png

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Will anyone tackle high profile tackle this subject on youtube ans call him out ? Sadly i doubt it will happen :(

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Good video just dropped from Peter Coffin where he outlines things we've tied to get across here. That this isn't just about PDP but about everyone with a platform and even those without. That this is about a system that we either can work to change or not:

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Having never seen his content (his online name made him an instant ignore), it's always fascinating to me to see threads about him balloon to many thousands of posts.

I can only take it to mean that many Era posters grew up on his content or some such.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Having never seen his content (his online name made him an instant ignore), it's always fascinating to me to see threads about him balloon to many thousands of posts.

I can only take it to mean that many Era posters grew up on his content or some such.
There's actually a lot of posters on here playing defense for PDP that at least claim they don't watch or don't like him.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No way. Every person defending PDP in this thread has started with the words "I am not a fan of PDP but..."

They wouldnt just lie.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
PDP and various other crap that younger generations are into actively make people stupider.

YouTube and social media bullshit is terrible for impressionable youth. Glad I wasn't growing up in a time like this.

I think parents should really monitor what their kids watch to make sure they're not under the influence of complete dipshits like PDP and Logan Paul.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
if you put aside the rape jokes and the racial slurs and the homophobic slurs and the calling women thots and the encouraging his fanbase to call immigration against another streamer and the telling women to shut up about wage inequality and the anti semitic jokes and the attacking the media and the urging young people to watch white supremacists, pewdiepie is a decent guy
Truly he lived a blameless life before.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So has any one took google to task today about allowing racists like PDP even more access to kids on Stadia?

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ugh. I'm frustrated. I got into arguments with a group of friends about Pewds. I was the only one who thinks that he should just come out and say "I'm against this. I don't support it and if you're a viewer of mine who believe in that. Fuck off" to make sure people know he's truly against it. Cause as I said before, I believe he put himself in this fire because of the content he's posted over the past year or so.

Everyone else in a group chat kept saying "No he shouldn't have to apologize! He doesn't owe anyone anything!" "You're just blaming him for this! Why don't we ban video games and guns?!"
Apparently i was "crying about it" according to one of them. I think the worst part is I'm probably gonna end up apologizing to them soon just cause of how I am.

one would think that making that statement would be a piece of cake. but here we are.

even if he did it, people will still claim it isnt enough.

i mean he clearly knows what base he is courting, he is not an idiot. maybe he doesnt subscribe to those ideologies (and this is being generous) but he knows his base.

if he happen to apologize a very chunk of his following will probably be offended that he betrayed them or that he broke down.

honestly he cant win right now, there is no way the doesnt receives a big fucking backslash, let it come from the right or the left.

but i think, the for his own sake and integrity, he needs to offer an apology.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
one would think that making that statement would be a piece of cake. but here we are.

even if he did it, people will still claim it isnt enough.

i mean he clearly knows what base he is courting, he is not an idiot. maybe he doesnt subscribe to those ideologies (and this is being generous) but he knows his base.

if he happen to apologize a very chunk of his following will probably be offended that he betrayed them or that he broke down.

honestly he cant win right now, there is no way the doesnt receives a big fucking backslash, let it come from the right or the left.

but i think, the for his own sake and integrity, he needs to offer an apology.
At this point, he has no one to blame but himself.
He courted that viewership and was sufficiently warned about it.
He's in the position he is by his own choosing.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
At this point, he has no one to blame but himself.
He courted that viewership and was sufficiently warned about it.
He's in the position he is by his own choosing.

This. I actually decided to unsub to H3H3 before the Shooting because of his "subscribe to PDP for vengeance" video that became so poorly timed. When I did I also looked at his twitter and saw that the fan-base he cultivated was mad at him from saying MJ is a pedo. Its clear the kind of people stuck with him.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To be fair if we were him we wouldn't have courted nazis with our platform to begin with.

the worst thing about all this, isnt that him promotes all these ideas and stuff,

it is that he is the average dude.

he is really the average dude, almost all of them think like this, it's not that they are bad people per se or at least they dont see themselves as bad people, but they really dont realize how harmful their views are.

and im talking about the average dude, not neo nazi alt right scum.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
the worst thing about all this, isnt that him promotes all these ideas and stuff,

he is really the average dude, almost all of them think like this, it's not that they are bad people per se or at least they dont see themselves as bad people, but they really dont realize how harmful their views are.

Where do you think neonazi alt right scum come from?
They're average dudes who fall down the rabid hole.
People who join cults, whether your average doomsday cult or ISIS or alt rights are just deluded shitheads who don't think too much about who they are hurting and when confronted with the horrible stuffs they do WILL absolutely try to skirt consequences.
That's why I don't care about their contrition, they just want out of the responsibility their actions will bring them.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So this dude deleted most of his tweets and all his followers? lol. What does he expect to accomplish? The internet does not forget.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Well yeah, we've moved on to the mediocrity of evil.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Where do you think neonazi alt right scum come from?
They're average dudes who fall down the rabid hole.
People who join cults, whether your average doomsday cult or ISIS or alt rights are just deluded shitheads who don't think too much about who they are hurting and when confronted with the horrible stuffs they do WILL absolutely try to skirt consequences.
That's why I don't care about their contrition, they just want out of the responsibility their actions will bring them.

Honestly, the greatest defenders of bigotry are probably not the ones that are frothing at the mouth with hatred of others, but people who are so selfish, apathetic, and petty that they can be fully aware that others are being thrown under the bus for their benefit and don't actively give a shit.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Honestly, the greatest defenders of bigotry are probably not the ones that are frothing at the mouth with hatred of others, but people who are so selfish, apathetic, and petty that they can be fully aware that others are being thrown under the bus for their benefit and don't actively give a shit.
yeah fuck moderates

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The thing that worries me the most about the Stadia announcement is that it really enables a person like PDP to engage even more with his fans, get them more invested in him as a person, and grow his brand.

I was holding my breath worried that Google would bring him on stage or show him in a video to promote it. They are still giving him a platform after all this time with no one really holding him accountable to the things he says or puts out into the world. To give a person like that even more ability to grow their platform and solidify their cult of personality only makes them more untouchable, which is troublesome.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The thing that worries me the most about the Stadia announcement is that it really enables a person like PDP to engage even more with his fans, get them more invested in him as a person, and grow his brand.

I was holding my breath worried that Google would bring him on stage or show him in a video to promote it. They are still giving him a platform after all this time with no one really holding him accountable to the things he says or puts out into the world. To give a person like that even more ability to grow their platform and solidify their cult of personality only makes them more untouchable, which is troublesome.

Yup, this is what really scares me about it.

Trying to "connect" fans with streamers even more, without any acknowledgement of how they need to be more accountable for who's building an audience on their platform, or of the issues around gaming on YouTube in general.

That assist feature feels like yet another thing that will algorithimically direct people to watch initially fine seeming but actually vile YouTubers.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Yup, this is what really scares me about it.

Trying to "connect" fans with streamers even more, without any acknowledgement of how they need to be more accountable for who's building an audience on their platform, or of the issues around gaming on YouTube in general.

That assist feature feels like yet another thing that will algorithimically direct people to watch initially fine seeming but actually vile YouTubers.
Not only that, but with influencer culture growing in it's role in the industry (I could just look at Epic with their store and Fortnite as well as with EA and Apex Legends), you are giving an influential gamer like PDP even more money and power with even less accountability, because as it is now, a publisher doesn't take responsibility for the views of a person playing their game, nor does a streamer endorse everything involving a game that they play, whether there was money exchanged for the person to play their game or not. Giving someone like PDP and even more pivotal role in this new gaming shift means he's not just fading away any time soon. He's solidifying his spot because YouTube and Google is giving him more tools to do so.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
So, Pewdiepie's subreddit just banned hate speech (Yes, hate speech was allowed on the sub prior to the terrorist attack).

The reactions to it were interesting, to say the least.

Screenshot_20190320-140909.png

Screenshot_20190320-141036.png

Screenshot_20190320-141731.png

Screenshot_20190320-141901.png

Screenshot_20190320-141759.png

Screenshot_20190320-141633.png

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So this dude deleted most of his tweets and all his followers? lol. What does he expect to accomplish? The internet does not forget.

A charitable reading could be that in a way he's acknowledging that his content can have negative influences on people, so he's removing it.

If I was a creator and anything like that happened, I'd definitely delete everything, EXPECIALLY I felt innocent.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
A charitable reading could be that in a way he's acknowledging that his content can have negative influences on people, so he's removing it.

If I was a creator and anything like that happened, I'd definitely delete everything, EXPECIALLY I felt innocent.
He's a coward, it has nothing to do with innocence or denouncing his old beliefs. He's afraid.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

currently receiving torrents of images of dead victims of the shooting in my DMs followed by the words "subscribe to pewdiepie" that's where we're at

I have no words.