• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like they ran out of old accounts cause the recent one joined on Saturday. So literally the day after the shooting. That's how pathetic they are.

About time. I was waiting for the time all of the sockpuppet accounts would be banned. They're like cicadas popping out of the ground after years of dormancy.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And the unconvincing pantomime of moral indignation continues. I can only think of one reason why these people would be upset at the correct identification of an obvious white nationalist dog whistle. Maybe keep the cretins better in line so they won't give it away so quickly.

Last edited:

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
And the unconvincing pantomime of moral indignation continues. I can only think of one reason why these people would be upset at the correct identification of an obvious white nationalist dog whistle. Maybe keep the cretins better in line so they won't give it away so quickly.

It's two-pronged. There are the people who are sympathetic to white nationalism to stronger degrees who are genuinely mad, and the people sympathetic to a weaker degree who take Pewdiepie at face value and are mad because they feel personally judged by the fact that other folks are mad at pewdiepie.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also mods, I think this clown would prefer to be perma instead of getting a 2-week ban:

Not a good look for DualShockers.

Aw. disappointed I didn't make it in one of the screenshots.

Also that Michael person, going through their recent tweets they seem to have issues with how influencers are influencing and normalizing gambling through their loot box videos, etc., to millions of viewers. Many of them young kids. I sympathize with that, I'm for changes to how monetization is handled and regulated so that we can curb such addictions. And I agree plenty of influencers should also hold some level of responsibilities to their viewers. They are public entertainers who have significant clout among their peers and young audience, and therefore have much more power and are viewed under a much more critical lens due to their influence over others. I'm surprised he can't even see the similarities here, because that's what people are saying about this situation with PewDiePie. His influence and normalization of alt-right and nazi memes and imagery has helped to normalize it and have introduced many to this kind of stuff that they'll make their own and even seek it out. That is what this thread is about.

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Those sad fucks probably feel connected to PDP on a personal level. Like he's their friend in real life. Which is why they feel the need to throw themselves in front of oncoming traffic for that human septic tank.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's two-pronged. There are the people who are sympathetic to white nationalism to stronger degrees who are genuinely mad, and the people sympathetic to a weaker degree who take Pewdiepie at face value and are mad because they feel personally judged by the fact that other folks are mad at pewdiepie.

Good point. And I sort of anticipate the latter to slide into the former pretty seamlessly.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, now that I'm home, let's look at some of the posts that weren't included. Those are were all from page 1, so any post from page 1 should have been a candidate, right?

I already shared the post where I showed PewDiePie's flippant reaction to the Neo-Nazi rally at Charlottesville. That was on the first page and wasn't included.

But how about the post that pointed at the people PewDiePie associates with? Why wasn't this included?

Maybe don't invite people like Ben Shapiro onto your channel for a fun meme time, as a start.

What about the post referring to PewDiePie's weak justifications of his racism? Why wasn't this included?

Maybe if he had listened to people telling him these were the people he was enabling with his "heated gaming moments" and "just jokes", he wouldn't have to worry about that. Chances of him actually doing anything different to correct his mistakes? Pretty low I'd say.

What about the posts that point out that PewDiePie's connection is not directly encouraging the act of terrorism, but through encouraging the values underlying the terrorism? Why weren't these included?

No, he does promote racism and antisemitism though.
he has advertised for actual, literal nazi youtube channels

What about the posts that point out the how PewDiePie's crocodile tears don't match how he reacts when his own harmful behaviour is pointed out? Why weren't those included?

Interesting that he feels sickened having his named uttered by a terrorist, but didn't feel sickened when he shouted a racial slur during a stream, or willingly promoted a Nazi channel.
Pewdiepie supports and reproduces Nazi iconography and messages and then says he's sickened by mass shootings made in his name. Sure, we all know the real score. It's all fun and games until it effects your bottom line.

What about the post that actually pointed out what a PewDiePie defender is willing to defend? Why wasn't that included?

You defended PDP when he promoted that nazi channel, congratulated him when he gave his transparently uncaring dismissal video, and then defended Ben Shapiro.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pe...-rid-of-jews-more.86342/page-14#post-15890702

fuck off

These are all also from the first page, using 50 posts per page - correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the default. I know why none of these made the list. You probably know as well. And I guarantee that Ben Walker knows why.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know my first inclination is to register Legacykilla. Like what the fuck is that username?! Also the gaming press continues to be largely a diaper rash.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Actually, now that I'm home, let's look at some of the posts that weren't included. Those are were all from page 1, so any post from page 1 should have been a candidate, right?

I already shared the post where I showed PewDiePie's flippant reaction to the Neo-Nazi rally at Charlottesville. That was on the first page and wasn't included.

But how about the post that pointed at the people PewDiePie associates with? Why wasn't this included?

What about the post referring to PewDiePie's weak justifications of his racism? Why wasn't this included?

What about the posts that point out that PewDiePie's connection is not directly encouraging the act of terrorism, but through encouraging the values underlying the terrorism? Why weren't these included?

What about the posts that point out the how PewDiePie's crocodile tears don't match how he reacts when his own harmful behaviour is pointed out? Why weren't those included?

What about the post that actually pointed out what a PewDiePie defender is willing to defend? Why wasn't that included?

These are all also from the first page, using 50 posts per page - correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the default. I know why none of these made the list. You probably know as well. And I guarantee that Ben Walker knows why.
Those weren't included because they didn't want to address the reality that PewDiePie has consistently pushed a bigoted agenda, and they'd rather peddle a fictional narrative that he is somehow a victim. They don't want to acknowledge the ties to actual neo nazis. They don't want to acknowledge the multiple times he said the N word as if it were a common pejorative, 'those were isolated mistakes'. They don't want to acknowledge the misogyny, 'those women deserved it'. They don't want to criticize the jokes about "Death to all Jews" or 'Charlottesville Unite the Right extremists watched too many PDP videos', and how he accused the media of lying when confronted about it.

It's not a coincidence they come here and behave obliviously. They didn't come in here to have a discussion, read the threadmarks, analyze the years worth of consistently-trickled, hateful evidence. Their minds were made up before logging in that it's entirely unjustified, and anyone saying otherwise is an enemy.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The attempts by the right wing on twitter to deny the influence PDP carries or the kind of audience he flirts with isn't surprising, Thammy. They don't want actual facts or accountability out there.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when people will stop trying to promote the idea that having an 'opinion' shields you from any and all criticism or retribution. Like, stating that you're an asshole doesn't mean we shouldn't take you at your word.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
If you are someone that finds a thread full of anti-nazi sentiments to be "ridiculous" then maybe you should take the time to re-evaluate your own morals. If you're someone that gasps in absolute shock that people would be rightfully angry at someone that has repeatedly supported white supremacists or white supremacist ways of thinking, then maybe you should take the time to re-evaluate your own morals.

Just saying.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Also mods, I think this clown would prefer to be perma instead of getting a 2-week ban:

Hey! That's meeeeee!

I didnt even say anything really controversial. Did they even bother to ask themselves why an alt-right maniac might think fondly of pewdiepie? Trust me, it's easy to make these guys hate you. Why didnt Pewdiepie make it?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Hey! That's meeeeee!

I didnt even say anything really controversial. Did they even bother to ask themselves why an alt-right maniac might think fondly of pewdiepie? Trust me, it's easy to make these guys hate you. Why didnt Pewdiepie make it?
because he's a blue eyes white dragon and not a dark magician

Fun fact: Dark Magician is "Black Magician" in Japanese! (Burakku Majishan)

Oct 31, 2017
If you are someone that finds a thread full of anti-nazi sentiments to be "ridiculous" then maybe you should take the time to re-evaluate your own morals. If you're someone that gasps in absolute shock that people would be rightfully angry at someone that has repeatedly supported white supremacists or white supremacist ways of thinking, then maybe you should take the time to re-evaluate your own morals.

Just saying.

They have no morals. Nothing short of total destitution in these people's lives will pull them out of the cult ideology, and even then it's unlikely.

Isendrix

Oct 25, 2017

wow. it's like he didn't read the threadmarks.
I also don't understand how Youtubers (Gaming ones especially) don't get how SEO, adsense or Youtube's recommendation system works.
If they only thought for a second about that, then they would be able to understand PewDiePIe's place in the radicalization pipeline.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh man, you're right.