• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Can I get famous on Twitter? there is a ton of stuff the guy did even before this terrible event that should have had him banned from YT for life!

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
PDP has continued posting about his subscription battle like nothing happened.
If he actually cared and didn't condone the horrible things people are doing and saying alongside "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" he'd just end it. Let there be no confusion, PDP does not care about the awful things being said and done, he just wants more subscribers. Even if he wasn't a white supremacist (he is) the fact that he clearly doesn't care what people are doing and saying alongside telling people to subscribe says a lot about his character.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Dude is a known piece of shit so it isn't surprising. He's gonna learn the hard way that you can't have your cake and eat it too.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like PDP has one more thing he can continue to cowardly tip toe around; his fans making Ransomware (Link to EtcetEra topic):
https://boingboing.net/2019/03/21/pewdiepie-fan-unleashes-ransom.html
YouTuber PewDiePie has more subscribers than anyone else on the network, and some of his rabid fans have released at least two ransomware strains that encrypt hard drives and display a notice that informs victims that a decryption key will be made available only when PewDiePie's account gets 100 million subscribers. One of the ransomware strains also warned victims that if, at any time, the Indian Bollywood channel T-Series gets more subscribers than PewDiePie, the decryption key will not be released.
Its author eventually realized the world of trouble he'd get into if any of those victims filed complaints with authorities, and released the ransomware's source code on GitHub, along with a command-line-based decryption tool.

D2MqeOzX0AAym_n.jpg

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I missed this, what was said?
I wanna know as well.
Ben Walker of Dualshockers: "What a ridiculous thread of people. Ashamed to be verified on their platform."

They were banned for this.
This is PewDiePie's fault how? You can keep blaming attacks on anything other what actually starts them but this is a whole other level of what?
Also seems they got extended to a permaban. I'm gonna take a wild guess it had to do with that tweet of his.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ben Walker of Dualshockers: "What a ridiculous thread of people. Ashamed to be verified on their platform."

They were banned for this.

Also seems they got extended to a permaban. I'm gonna take a wild guess it had to do with that tweet of his.
Oh I knew about that, was just curious what the tweet was. Thanks anyway,

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Why hasn't anyone in the media done a comprehensive exposé on PewDiePie? I can't wait for the day he's off youtube for good, sucks that he brings in so much money they're willing to ignore it.

Deleted member 51266

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Just saw this on reddit. Wonder if the kid is one of Pewdiepie's fans who think that sharing the footage with Muslims will help "lighten up their mood a bit".

TBGfGsZ.png

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this on reddit. Wonder if the kid is one of Pewdiepie's fans who think that sharing the footage with Muslims will help "lighten up their mood a bit".

TBGfGsZ.png

Uh, I think we have enough confirmed issues with PewDiePie and his fans that we don't need to be taking random images related to the shooting or trauma it's causing people and claiming it's all PewDiePie, tbh.

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
Bumping this thread again.

PewDiePie uploaded a new video talking about how people/media has been talking about him being racist and how he isn't one.

While he doesn't talk about the Christchurch Mosque shooting, he does talk about almost all other things he's been called and provides a defence for himself.

Check it out.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
At this point we can all agree that no defense is enough if he doesn't address his side of the problem (while not keep his fanbase in check) and keep blaming the media/social media for his fuck ups.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This isnt even the first time is it? Everytime he comes under fire for being a bigot he makes an apology video and all is forgiven.

I'm sure this time its genuine, I'm sure. 😒

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna assume he'll end up pulling the same old "the media doesn't care about the good things I do like donating to charity" defense in that video

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't worth the attention, IMO. The fact that he didn't disable the comments just so his fans can jump in and spill straw man theories, speaks for itself.

Last edited:

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
Oh boy, I'm sure looking forward to hearing his bullshit reasons for following a bunch of neonazis on Twitter!

...He doesn't address that in the video, does he?

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
This isnt even the first time is it? Everytime he comes under fire for being a bigot he makes an apology video and all is forgiven.

It's really not an apology video it's just him saying he did some shitty stuff in the past and disagreeing with how he's characterized in general.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that time he called a guy a "Fucking N*****" because he had a heated moment?
Remember how it was immediately followed by him saying "fucking nibber" a dozen times?

I think there should be a rule that it can't be called an apology video if you blame the media for you getting in trouble.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
He says in the video "I support getting white supremacy off the platform" and yet people continuously parrot the idea that he will not "take a side"

He said multiple times in the past to "Please don't do anything illegal when it comes to the Subscribe to Pewdipie meme" and yet people in the thread act like he"cowardly tiptoes around things his fans do" (lol) Remember when one of his gazillion fans defaced a memorial and Pewdipie immediately called it out and then donated to the memorial?

He calls himself out numerous times in the video for the terrible edgy jokes that he made 6 years ago. He's addressed these NUMEROUS times as him being in the wrong. People still act like he says "its just a joke bro" which he has never said. He's addressed these complaints multiple times admitting he is wrong.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
It's so depressing that the internet is this wonderful place where great creativity can shine from unusual places and this racist, misogynistic, virtue signalling twat is the poster boy of it all.

The fact that he's "friendly" with so many YouTubers always made me think it's a case of keeping your enemies closer cause he can't deal with a big YouTuber calling him out, especially with how much the audience loves the drama and mud slinging. So even YouTubers I like shout him out because they don't want him or his fanbase to turn on them.
I want a amateur video maker to be the number 1 YouTuber but I don't want it to be this asshole.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
He even says "fuck racists" "fuck white supremacists" "Thats not what I'm about and thats not what this channel is about and its never been about it"

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He even says "fuck racists" "fuck white supremacists" "Thats not what I'm about and thats not what this channel is about and its never been about it"
david duke says those things too.

denouncing racism is something racists do all the time, it's not enough. he needs to be actively and openly anti-racist, which he won't do because he's racist.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
david duke says those things too.

denouncing racism is something racists do all the time, it's not enough. he needs to be actively and openly anti-racist, which he won't do because he's racist.
Thats literally actively and openly anti-racists. I tried looking up your claim that David Duke says this, and I couldn't find it anywhere. People continuously move the goal post for pewdipie.

First he needs to take responsibility for his actions (which he immediately does and admits when he does wrong)

Then its He needs to take responsibility for the bad things his fans do (which he has done numerous times to the point of even paying out of pocket to fix the terrible things a single fan does like the war memorial incident)

Then he needs to take a stand on white supremacy and tell people the channel is not for them (Which he then does and says fuck racists and fuck white supremacists)

Pewdipie is certainly not a perfect dude. But hes not a white supremacists nor does he advocate for it. He does the exact opposite.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
He says in the video "I support getting white supremacy off the platform" and yet people continuously parrot the idea that he will not "take a side"
What's your point here?

You appear to be trying to use a video that is several minutes old to negate previous deserved criticism made - and have been making - long before the video.

People used to "continuously parrot" the idea that he wouldn't take a side because for actual years he followed and enabled white supremacists. He only stopped following a bunch of them when people start circulating a picture of his Twitter follow list filled with human garbage. If he took a serious stance against white supremacists in this video, then that is absolutely a new development. Yet you appear to want people to react instantly to this new development?

If Pewdiepie wants the world to accept that he's not a supporter of white supremacist views, then he needs to accept that his reputation is stained with so much shit that there isn't a one-video fix for that. It will be a slow, gradual process that lasts for years, and that's entirely his fault.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats literally actively and openly anti-racists. I tried looking up your claim that David Duke says this, and I couldn't find it anywhere. People continuously move the goal post for pewdipie.

First he needs to take responsibility for his actions (which he immediately does and admits when he does wrong)

Then its He needs to take responsibility for the bad things his fans do (which he has done numerous times to the point of even paying out of pocket to fix the terrible things a single fan does like the war memorial incident)

Then he needs to take a stand on white supremacy and tell people the channel is not for them (Which he then does and says fuck racists and fuck white supremacists)

Pewdipie is certainly not a perfect dude. But hes not a white supremacists nor does he advocate for it. He does the exact opposite.
if he's not a white supremacist he's very comfortable around them.

someone with that many nazi fans should be making every effort to drive them away. that he's not doing that speaks volumes to me.

and you can't say i'm moving the goalposts, i've been consistent that simple denunciations of whatever bad thing are totally empty and meaningless. sorry that i feel standards should be quite high for one of the richest and most powerful media figures in the world who happens to have a massive youth audience.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

Following white supremacists on Twitter, using racist language and anti Semitic "memes" is not the opposite of advocating white supremacists.

Tell me, considering he has given a platform to the likes of Ben Shapiro, could you point to videos or articles where he has promoted anti racism campaigners?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I think it's an okay video. I still don't like PewDiePie, but he acknowledges he did things wrong.
As aeolist & Stop It said above, there's a big gulf between saying something is wrong and actually acting like it's wrong. People are on PDP's ass because he continues to act in a way counter to what he says. If he actually believed his genocide and N-word "jokes" were wrong it would bring about change. But as pointed out earlier in the thread as well as just above this post, PDP continued to follow and support some of the most influential contemporary bigots around today. The very people who spread the ideology of hate that galvanizes racists, violent and otherwise. It's easy to say shit. It costs nothing to actually say you have principles. It's much harder to live like you do.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
What's your point here?

You appear to be trying to use a video that is several minutes old to negate previous deserved criticism made for years before the video.
He's made numerous videos on this subject over and over again, which people who don't like him don't even bother to watch because they claim all he will say is "its just a joke bro" which he never does. This has got to be at least the fifth video he's done mentioning hes not a white supremacists because people keeping bringing up 5 years old gaffes that hes admitted were wrong of him.

someone with that many nazi fans should be making every effort to drive them away. that he's not doing that speaks volumes to me.
This is another example of hearing what you want to hear. He's making the effort RIGHT NOW. This is prob the 5th video by him addressing his claims and him denying white supremacy. But it doesn't matter because thats not what you want to hear.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Another reason that him saying white supremacists are bad doesn't wash his hands of all of his criticism is that white supremacy is just the tip of the Kjellberg with this guy. Let's look at his history with misogyny:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59q98k/pewdiepie-alinity-copyright-feud-twitch-fails

While Kjellberg struggled to keep his eyes off their chests, he "jokingly" called women in the video "stupid Twitch thots," a derogatory term for women that stands for "that ho [whore] over there." Alinity saw a video and retaliated by filing a copyright claim with YouTube.

In his latest video on the subject, uploaded Wednesday, Kjellberg chastised Alinity for filing the claim, and suggested that Alinity somehow deserves the abuse she is getting online for wearing revealing clothes. He shows examples of times when she wore a sheer top and her bra straps showed, or when she played Just Dance in a dress.

"You're just playing games with the shortest skirt ever, that's our fault for looking at it in any sexual way, right?" Kjellberg said in the video. "I know you don't portray yourself to be the smartest person, but I know you're not that dumb to not be aware of what you're doing," he says. "Showing your underwear on screen? That's our fault, right?"

Sunday, Kjellberg retweeted a video of a fan of his saying they were going to report Alinity to the "Canadian immigration control" to his 16 million followers. The implication here is that Alinity got a fraud marriage to establish residency and should be deported, something that goes beyond online harassment and threatens her physical safety.

https://www.mandatory.com/living/12...olitician-believes-women-less-intelligent-men

Korwin-Mikke is a notorious figure in Polish politics, with him having previously been suspended from parliament as a result of sexist comments he made regarding the pay gap between men and women. Speaking in March, he said: "Of course women must earn less than men because they are weaker, they are smaller, they are less intelligent. They must earn less." He later added that there is a "20th century stereotype that women have the same intellectual potential as men," saying that it "must be destroyed because it is not true." He was also suspended in 2015 for calling migrants "human garbage" (via Unian), suspended again for raising his hand in a Nazi salute in protest against a German-led EU transporting ticket (via Politico), and also suggested that Adolf Hitler was not aware of the holocaust during World War II. He has also previously been condemned by his fellow MEPs for stating that the "minimum wage should be destroyed as we would be treating 20 million young Europeans like n******."
PewDiePie, who was the subject of controversy earlier this year following a Wall Street Journal report regarding "anti-Semitic" jokes featured in his videos, appears at the end of the video to discuss his thoughts on the interview with Korwin-Mikke. "The first time I watched this, my initial reaction was 'holy s*** this guy is insane, what the f*** is he saying? He's definitely sexist,'" he said. "But second time I watched it, interpreting all his stumbling and mumbling, I understand what he's trying to say. Like he said many times, he's not saying women should earn less, he's saying they are because of these reasons."
PewDiePie then went on to discuss the gender wage gap. "What they did with the gender gap is they took all men, and all women, and did a median on it and said 'oh okay, women earn this amount less than men in general,'" he said."What they didn't take into account was pretty much anything at all, like women working less hours, women choosing less high-paying jobs and so on." He concluded: "If you're a female watching this, I want you to know that you are not what the media or politicians or people on Twitter try to tell you… or even what I am [trying to tell you]. You're not weak, you are not less privileged, you are strong. I think it's a real unhealthy way of looking at things. What happened to 'I am a woman hear me roar?' It's become 'I am a woman, I earn less than men.'"

(Published 2018 and 2017, if the year matters.)

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
He's made numerous videos on this subject over and over again, which people who don't like him don't even bother to watch because they claim all he will say is "its just a joke bro" which he never does. This has got to be at least the fifth video he's done mentioning hes not a white supremacists because people keeping bringing up 5 years old gaffes that hes admitted were wrong of him.

This is another example of hearing what you want to hear. He's making the effort RIGHT NOW. This is prob the 5th video by him addressing his claims and him denying white supremacy. But it doesn't matter because thats not what you want to hear.
Again the proof is in the pudding (don't know if I'm using that right :/ ). I'm more than happy to support PDP if he actually changes but making videos saying the right thing costs him nothing. His actions and reactions in the future will be the actual evidence.

Jan 10, 2018
He cannot do these videos in the style of his internet persona. It just comes across as insincere and childish.

Why not just sit down and have an adult conversation with someone who can put forth the criticism in a balanced and constructive way? And then try to talk about the bigger picture, which he so far seem to have a hard time grasping.