• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
This is a real picture from his Instagram that he posted.

What the actual fuck.

avBMrfk.png

Edit: Crossed out the names of the other users *
Fuck

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
It's 1 A.M. for me and I feel like I've already had enough internet for today. Fuck whatever that trolling, racist, anti-Semite has to say.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean how is it PDPs fault that some lunatic are murdering people?

It is like blaming violent video games on school shootings.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech
I don't even like Pewdiepie, but holy hell, there is no pleasing you people.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean how is it PDPs fault that some lunatic are murdering people?

It is like blaming violent video games on school shootings.
Yes, things like this happen in total vaccums. There's no issues with the people and organizations that promote said ideals. It's always just a singular person or small group that gets the idea in their head out of nowhere.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be awfully nice if someone compiled a list of all the prominent YouTubers going to bat for PDP, so I can be sure I'm not subscribed to them.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
LITERALLY THE WORST THING HE COULD HAVE DONE.

BRAVO.
It's from January.

I can already see it. A few people spread that pic, not knowing it's from a while ago, and then his defenders use it as evidence of the grand conspiracy against him. I feel like he's a self sustaining hate machine at this point.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I don't even like Pewdiepie, but holy hell, there is no pleasing you people.
Yes there is: Actual fucking contrition from PDP in the rhetoric and behavior he spread that feeds into the very culture that produces violent bigots. That would be pleasing. Since he isn't doing that, we aren't fucking pleased. It's really that simple.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PewDiePie is a gross despicable human being for spreading what he does and knowing the influence he has. This is only going to happen more and more until he is deplatformed.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Trolling and downplaying hate speech.
PewDiePie is a sick goddamn idiot

But anyone throwing any blame on him for this is hypocritical as fuck, this is EXACTLY like blaming violence on video games.

Wampa

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's from January.

I can already see it. A few people spread that pic, not knowing it's from a while ago, and then his defenders use it as evidence of the grand conspiracy against him. I feel like he's a self sustaining hate machine at this point.

EDIT: Wrong quote

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017

But anyone throwing any blame on him for this is hypocritical as fuck, this is EXACTLY like blaming violence on video games.

Not at all.

He's been called out on this shit before (e.g. giving shoutouts to literal NeoNazis) and has shown no contrition.

There's a difference between fake depictions of violence and hate speech.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

He fucking associates with the alt-right and neo-nazis, even signal boosts them multiple times. He complicit in all this.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
He continues to play his part.

If he was such a good guy he would step away from streaming forever.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech.
Trying to assign responsibility to pewdiepie for this, is as dumb as blaming Jodie foster for when Reagan was shot.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017

They're right...

PDP has a responsibility here but using a pic from January to relate it to this incident is not the right way to do this and can make us look silly.

He needs to come out with a video statement condemning the acts, the type of people in his base that condone this type of act, acknowledge and apologize for his poor influence.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
it's "for the lulz" until it gets real....
maybe flirting with this crowd was not such a good idea...

what an idiot.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
Pewdiepie is basically what if you make an alt rigth /pol/ 4chan poster a youtuber, he uses the same low trash humor that took over the site, he should have been deplatafomed years ago, the bad thing is that now some people think that he is some victim, if he was really concerned he would stop doing that type of "humor" when nazis associated with him years ago, not only that if you are a important person you should know that what you do could influence your fans, and especially if your fans are children that sometimes can't really get your stupid bad "humor".

PewDiePie's influence

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah it really fucking is
PDP didn't commit any violence. He contributes to the rhetoric and the perpetuation of the culture that produces violent offenders. By pretending things like Nazism are laughing matters he breeds people who buy into the rhetoric, spread it, reinforce it and galvanize those who commit this kind of violence. By not admonishing the people in those groups who see him as a fucking hero, he continues a trend that already exists of people seeing that it's OK to stick to your beliefs about the inferiority of "undesirable" people. PDP had a simple job: Make sure that people watching his videos understand that white supremacy is wrong, bigotry is sick and equality is something that should be sought by everyone. Something that should be simple if you actually understand the stakes of what is going on, have empathy and are actually invested in bettering the world but he chose to double down time and time again. There is no single through line from PDP to this mass shooter but PDP contributes to the pitcher of water that makes up the kool-aid that people just like these maniacs drink from. Just like Alex Jones & Beitbart & Milo Y. & Richard Spencer, and on.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes get the feeling that there are a lot of people out there who feel like they've accomplished something in the fight against bigotry by somehow going their entire lives without setting fire to a synagogue, and when they see someone like PewDiePie getting flack for silly little things like a pattern of behaviour years long of boosting figures associated with white supremacy, using slurs and white supremacy imagery himself in entertainment for teenagers, and then attacking the media for criticizing him for it, these people then have to rush to defend him else they themselves be proven not to be the valiant champions of the weak that they thought they were.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

Do you reason the same way about certain imams that provide propaganda, which causes some of the listeners to later attack non-muslims? It's always only the attackers fault?