• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Cant we purge the entire internet of pdp?

And as for 4/8chan i think its time to put the heat on the company that hosts these garbagefires.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It is absolutely self-evident that this horrible act would never have happened without the influence of Pewdiepie. Just as JD Salinger is directly to blame for the murder of John Lennon. Therefore the good people in this thread are completely justified in attacking and insulting those who would claim otherwise.

/s
source.gif

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I remember i used to watch PewDiePie back in 2013 stopped watching cuz his content was getting too repetitive, i'm glad i did.

Deleted member 40335

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 24, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech.
Not trying to defend pewdiepie or anything but how is he complicit? The choices an individual makes is ultimately up to that individual. So if this piece of shit decided to go massacre a bunch of innocent people that's on him.

Blaming YouTube, or pewdiepie, or anyone else for that matter doesn't make much sense, unless those aforementioned strictly instructed the guy to kill these people.

If we're gonna blame pewdiepie we might as well blast all right wing media while we're at it.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is absolutely self-evident that this horrible act would never have happened without the influence of Pewdiepie. Just as JD Salinger is directly to blame for the murder of John Lennon. Therefore the good people in this thread are completely justified in attacking and insulting those who would claim otherwise.

/s

Where do you guys come from?

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not trying to defend pewdiepie or anything but how is he complicit? The choices an individual makes is ultimately up to that individual. So if this piece of shit decided to go massacre a bunch of innocent people that's on him.

Blaming YouTube, or pewdiepie, or anyone else for that matter doesn't make much sense, unless those aforementioned strictly instructed the guy to kill these people.

If we're gonna blame pewdiepie we might as well blast all right wing media while we're at it.
We're doing that you moron.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Propaganda drives people to action. If PDP is part of that machine he has a responsibility to disconnect himself from it. None of this is extreme. Whats extreme are the lengths people go to the protect the reality that fandom, allegiance, and cult of personality are not connected to abhorrent actions of people radicalized by it.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

/s
You forgot to tip your fedora, you stupid piece of shit.

Oct 27, 2017
To the folks asking where all the concern trolls are emerging from:

They're grown in the dark at an undisclosed location.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
To everyone defending PewDiePie , I completely understand that you're all in agreement that he did not pull the trigger. I understand he should not be charged for murder. I agree with you all on this. But as I can see the way you're viewing this subject, you all need to look at it from the other view point. You need to realize that a portion of PewDiePies fan base are white supremacists. People that latched on as followers of his and look up to him as a celebrity, laugh at his jokes, push his subscription numbers and carry about their agendas because PewDiePie does NOTHING to stop them. He, as a person with a large following, has the responsibility to set an example for all the young impressionable minds that look up to him. He needs to know what's not a joke, what not to say, and what not to do , as not to obtain a white nationalist fan base. It's his responsibility to denounce them, and quite frankly to grow the fuck up and stop acting like a child. Stop catering towards these heinous people. Stop making "jokes" that appeal to those types of fans. He needs to do better and he should be de-platformed if he doesn't change, simply because he's causing more harm than good.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
So what about the other millions of people who watch that clown and ARENT shooting up churches?

The sounds of a hundred boots stomping in unison outside of wakes Lewis from his slumber. But he draws the blanket closer, over his head, desperate for whatever security he can. He knows what the sound means.

The PewDiePurge has begun.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

/s
Here's the key: IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT PEWDIEPIE. We are talking about PDP here because he's a major gaming influencer. He isn't the only person who perpetuates the rhetoric that killers like this eat up. But he needs to be talked about and held accountable because he has a large audience and a large amount of sway within the world that gamers like ourselves walk in.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview

We're literally doing that right now and PDP is part of the right-wing media that radicalizes people to become these Nazi fucks. He's a gateway into the bullshit. People usually don't just jump right into the deep end. He's implicitly part of the problem.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Lol, Era gonna Era.

Stay ignant
You've had people explain to you exactly why Pewdiepie is complicit in this and you just refuse to listen. These things don't happen in a vacuum, and here you have someone TELLING you who influenced them to do this, and you just say "yeah but how is that their fault" like you just spent your last brain cell remembering your own name. You're very obviously arguing in bad faith, no one should treat you or your posts respectfully

That is what's happening? What is your point lmao

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Can someone tell me why he's popular? On top of having zero charisma, talent, or anything unique to contribute, he's also incredibly unpleasant to look at. Yet I clicked on that tweet and there's a fucking army of people ready to defend him. I don't get it.

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the absolute state of this thread. If I didn't know any better I'd say we're back in the 90s, blaming Marylin Manson for all things terrible.

I can't believe some people are actually accusing PDP of being the main enabler of this horrible shit.
Speaking of Mansons, I guess you feel Charles Manson shouldn't have gone to prison, since he didn't actually murder anyone either.

There are different degrees of responsibilty when it comes to public figures with a lot of power, and to excuse them of any need to take responsibility for the effect their words and actions have on their followers is incredibly naïve at best. Do you really believe CEO's don't have any involvement in the scandals their companies are plagued with?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_(terrorism)#Stochastic_terrorism
"The "stochastic terrorist" does not direct the actions of members of a group, rather, he is an ideologue speaking over mass media to individuals with whom he is not affiliated as part of any form of organization"

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, Era gonna Era.

Stay ignant

Because I disagree that the YouTube man isn't responsible for terrorism? I'm gonna have to tough the rest of my day out knowing that user Raguel doesn't think very highly of me.

Seriously? Are you guys even bothering to try and understand what people are saying here? It's like knocking my head against a brick wall. It says something about you, when you can't read what everyone's saying here and keep spouting the same tired shit.

Ashrak

For those unaware, the shooter posted on 8chan before the shooting began and cites Candace Owens and PewDiePie in his manifesto as inspirations. He livestreamed the shooting, and right before opening fire he encouraged viewers to subscribe to PewDiePie's channel.

Do not post links to the stream.

Wow... just wow. But this fits perfectly into the picture I have from 8chan. Or Gab.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I disagree that the YouTube man isn't responsible for terrorism? I'm gonna have to tough the rest of my day out knowing that user Raguel doesn't think very highly of me.
Do you also think that Fox News is not complicit in the rise of extremism? Or an ISIS imam who spouts hate is not complicit in ISIS attacks?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

YES we indeed should blame right wing media because right wing media in todays culture is hyperinvested in spreading the false fear that Muslims are a race of violent "creatures" and that white supremacy isn't all that bad. Like I said, there is a topic on PDP on this board because he is a major gaming influencer who chips in to the overall deluge of bigoted, ignorant language that perpetuates xenophobia and white supremacy and the violence that results from those ideals. He's not the only one who needs to be accountable to what they say and change their rhetoric.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
You mean the guy who is regularly criticized for hateful content in his video and for attracting nazis and racists now received a shout out from a racist right before he shot up a Mosque?
Surely there is no connection.

SmAsH

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the whole "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" a meme at this point with the whole sub count with T-Series and Pewdiepie? That guy was basically playing Initial D music and some other meme stuff from 4chan/8chan? I don't think he was a legit Pewdiepie superfan or some shit. You can see "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" everywhere now because of the whole "most subscribed channel on youtube versus" thing going on.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is reading threadmarks that hard or to understand that someone who isn't as mentally stable as the majority of people can be radicalized by media who normalizes hatred? Is that such a hard concept?